It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Improved ATS Search just launched - "ASK.AboveTopSecret.com"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The first step in our three-step plan to dominate the Internet by ensuring people can easily locate all the material being kept from them by the mainstream media is in place.

[insert maniacal laugh]

ASK.AboveTopSecret.com

Our vastly-improved search function has indexed more than five million distinct pages under the AboveTopSecret.com domain, and is ready for general use. The search results are vastly improved, and boolean search functions (finally) return to searching for content on ATS.

As the index fully cycles a second time, you'll also begin to see auto-complete begin to work for the more common/popular topics discussed on ATS. (yay!)

Phase two of search (requires an even deeper re-index and some additional code) will allow the prioritization of search results based on the date a thread was authored, the date of last reply, forum, flags, replies, and even member names. (Those factors can be searched now, but not yet used for prioritization of results.)

Phase three is top-secret.

edit on 7-4-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
oh this is so cool no more guessing if the thread is up or if your looking for something, easy to use
and 50 more. keep up the good work

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Phase three is top-secret.

Lucikly we are ABOVE "top secret".. so, spill the beans!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I just tested it out, simply amazing! The graphics are brilliant, the search results turn up lightning quick, and with Boolean the results will be much more accurate. Now people cannot say they did not know a thread was already posted because this is just too simple.

Anyways great job SO and the ATS staff!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That is very very nice!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/18a046de62e6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Woo-Hoo! Thank you SO much! This was much needed and is much appreciated!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Excellent!

A much overlooked aspect of ATS is the fact that it is a giant repository of information concerning all things paranormal, conspiratorial, ufological (e.t.c). There's ten years worth of this stuff gathering dust in ATS's memory banks but trying to access this info has always been hampered by the ineffectual search system.

I tapped into the new search engine (for a random lark) 'animals in coal' and 'gelatinous rain' and got results so things are looking promising.
edit on Thu, 07 Apr 2011 13:04:58 -0500 by Silver Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

edit on 7-4-2011 by LadySkadi because:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Very nice.
edit on 7/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
No more is the broken search function

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
absolutely splendid feature
many kudos are in order

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
now ats will be unstoppable MUAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Now we just need people to learn to use search engines properly.

To search for thread topics so as to not repeat continual "new threads" on the same topic.

This search engine function needs to be implemented into the thread starting function.

Meaning, if someone starts a thread, the ATS Search Engine searches ATS prior to it being posted.

Like D.I.G.G. does so as to not keep old topics wasting space and or readers time.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thank you i just tryed this and it works great just love it good job ATS

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
About bloody time.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is great. I just tried it, typed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and got a lot of results I hadn't seen before.

Good job

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
AWESOME!!!

Maybe now I won't have to ask the Mods to kill my dupe threads even after the ATS search turned up nothing.

There's nothing worse than doing the search, finding nothing, taking the time to write out the thread and then, when it gets posted, you see the EXACT SAME thread posted hours earlier just underneath your thread on the Recent Posts page.

[size=10]AAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I just tried it and I think it's 1000% better, good job! Here are some specific things I like about it:

1. It seems to work better at finding what I'm looking for (only tried a few searches but so far it's better)
2. The search can be revised and rerun without using the browser "back" function and having to re-enter everything. I thought about requesting this feature, but I'm delighted to see this!
3. A search doesn't take you to navigation neverland anymore with no links to the rest of the site, the links are there! Yay!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It looks and works brilliantly, but I personally think the page numbers are spaced way too far apart. Well done though, I can't believe how fast it is. What language is it in? Are you using JQuery with PHP hooking up to the database or are they pre-stored results?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
off topic i know... but i'm not a big "yay" fan... more of a WAAAAAAAAAA girl, myself... but i think it's kinda funny when a guy types it

phase 3 TS
...your new search turns up the reality of ET? *cheezy cringe*

anyway, nice one
:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join