It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Bachmann: Dems need another 'pink slip'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Michele Bachmann: Dems need another 'pink slip'

www.politico.com

With the threat of a federal government shutdown looming over Washington, Michele Bachmann joined hundreds gathered at an Americans for Prosperity rally outside the Capitol Wednesday with a message for lawmakers: bring it on.
Bachmann joined other leading Hill conservatives in encouraging Republicans not to back down on the spending fight, saying Democrats and the “Harry Reids of the world” are charting America’s course toward “planned bankruptcy.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
“They’re just marvelous money managers, aren’t they? I think that’s why you gave them a pink slip in November,” Bachmann said. “Maybe they need another pink slip in 2012.”

Though Im no fan of Bachman, ( quite frankly I think she's an idiot ) but she does cover some interesting points to say the least.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Shut it all down, make it default.

That's the ONLY THING that will bring real reforms.

Otherwise the BS will continue forever.

Time to crash it all to start anew already.

You won't fix anything by electing people. Those in power won't fix anything. So let it crash.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Im beginning to think, that a complete shut down may do us worlds of good!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by Vitchilo

Im beginning to think, that a complete shut down may do us worlds of good!

I would rather see a complete economic collapse than continue funding banks. Reverting to a reliance on local government and a weening off of a centralized one can only open our eyes to a better system.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Whatever. Im no fan of the Dems, but I am also not a moron with the IQ of a rock. Which is what you would have to be to overlook the FACT that the Republicans ran up the deficit like crackheads with a stolen credit card AND created the single largest increase in "Big Government" in my lifetime. (Homeland Security?)

So Bachmann can just go peddle her wares to the cousin #ing mountain folk who would be about the only ones I can imagine would buy into the two party fallacy at this point.

Just my humble and very opinionated opinion, of course.

Edi to add an apology in advance for any cousin #ers out there whom I may offend by implying they only live on mountains.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
yeah...the republicans didn't finish the destruction of our nation by 2006, so we need them back in again. now the republican house of reps. wants to cut EPA, school funding, cut medicare, eliminate social security, cut all corporate taxes, cut the top 2% of the wealthiest taxes by another 10%....hey LET'S JUST HAVE A DICTATOR!!!, because they don't care about the bottom 98% of americans.
remember just last december, the wealthiest got a 40 BILLION DOLLAR A YEAR TAX BREAK....yeah...that's the spirit republicans...F the taxpayers out of more revenue, then cut the services to the the bottom 98%, then...next year...cut the taxes again for the top 2%, and tell everyone that our deficits are too high and you have to cut services again...and on and on and on.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Whatever. Im no fan of the Dems, but I am also not a moron with the IQ of a rock. Which is what you would have to be to overlook the FACT that the Republicans ran up the deficit like crackheads with a stolen credit card AND created the single largest increase in "Big Government" in my lifetime. (Homeland Security?)

So Bachmann can just go peddle her wares to the cousin #ing mountain folk who would be about the only ones I can imagine would buy into the two party fallacy at this point.

Just my humble and very opinionated opinion, of course.

Edi to add an apology in advance for any cousin #ers out there whom I may offend by implying they only live on mountains.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

You do realize that it was the Democrats AND the Repubs that ran up the deficit right? You do know they are one in the same, and ALL voted for spending,bailouts etc.?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
what you guys don't understand is Govt. shutdown can only mean Obama stays in power but congress and senate closes shop, then it's Obama as a dictator and the Police force & army.

What you guys don't realize is that this would be a wet dream for Obama and those who pull his strings.

He already created more czar positions than any other president and has so many executive orders, all which bypass senate and congress.

Obama would love a shutdown!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Didnt think of it that way...you could be on to something.....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I CLEARLY called the whole two party game a fallacy. Im not sure what part of that you are having trouble with.

I am so well aware that both parties are owned by corporations and other wealthy interests that it isnt even funny. Im just at the point where people who continue to play the two party game annoy the # out of me. This stupid WWF version of politics is what is allowing our country to be raped and pillaged.

People who continue to PRETEND that one or the other party will "save" our nation from the evil, "Dems" or "Republicans" are part of the problem.

We need a clean house. We need ALL those accepting corporate money and jobs out on their asses and/or on the end of a rope. And we need politicians who actually are willing to do what we hire them to do. Represent the will of the people.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

I CLEARLY called the whole two party game a fallacy. Im not sure what part of that you are having trouble with.

I am so well aware that both parties are owned by corporations and other wealthy interests that it isnt even funny. Im just at the point where people who continue to play the two party game annoy the # out of me. This stupid WWF version of politics is what is allowing our country to be raped and pillaged.

People who continue to PRETEND that one or the other party will "save" our nation from the evil, "Dems" or "Republicans" are part of the problem.

We need a clean house. We need ALL those accepting corporate money and jobs out on their asses and/or on the end of a rope. And we need politicians who actually are willing to do what we hire them to do. Represent the will of the people.

My bad man....I read your previous post to quickly. I'll take the hit on that one~

And thats what I've been saying, that both political parties are one in the same.....just never ends I suppose

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Stop.

You are scaring me.

really.

stop.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yes. We need more Dem pink slips.
Harry Reid needs to go back to Nevada and take his - Apathy - with him.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The election was rigged.

We dont want him back here in NV.

please,no?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I'm sorry but he has to go somewhere.
Let him go listen to the cowboy poetry out at some barn.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What about the federal reserve? will that shutdown too? im thinking i wonder why they were printing all this money over the past 6-8 months? could it be BErnenke knew a shutdown was coming, and printed enough money too keep the federal reserve functioning so wall street can still be in action during a govnmt shutdown?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

While you have a point... I can say that I speak for enough of the military when I say that Obama would not have an enthusiastic or very obedient military to help enact such a dictatorial scheme.

I think it's kind of funny how the military gets used as a pawn in everyone's rationalization of events. One day, the military is full of a bunch of militant racial supremacists, the next they are mindless drones to a pro-government agenda, the next they are a bunch of anti-government toothless hillbillies.

It's one of the most humorous aspects of this site, in my opinion. I put on my uniform and suddenly become the harbinger of everyone's worst nightmare. No matter what their beliefs or circumstance - I am either the right hand of God, himself, or a display of demonic force.

As for the subject - the "tea party" really needs to take hold of the GOP and use the GOP to strong-arm the democrats into budget reform.

Note the word - "reform" - not just "cut." We need to reform the way in which we are spending money. Medicare and Medicaid are expected to boom in budget requirements because of the rising healthcare costs and the greater number of eligible individuals (the baby boomers are getting old - it's a fact of life that we've been wanting to ignore for the past twenty years, and now we're approaching zero hour).

We're already involved in two wars and looking at a third ... whatever the hell you'd call what we're doing in Libya. We have ongoing drug wars (that don't get much attention in the media) and special operations forces deployed the world over. We not only need to do a better job of figuring out what is considered important enough to send in the military, but we also need to re-evaluate how we appropriate funds. The current budget system in the military is a use-it-or-lose-it sort of game. There's no incentive to reduce spending in the military - a command that does not max out their budget will find a smaller maximum allowance for the next year. So, you have commands trying to find ways to spend any unspent funds at the end of the year (more organized COs try to do this each quarter so it's not as obvious to auditors). On one hand - it's good because a lot of it goes into additional training or supplies for a command. However - from a fiscal standpoint, it makes no sense and we can re-work the system to get rid of the bad and keep as much of the good as possible.

Re-working the tax system to simplify it would also do wonders for the economy in general. I'm particularly fond of the "Fair Tax" initiative. That system favors businesses moving here and employing workers for export goods (which will not be taxed to high heaven before hitting foreign markets where they also get hit with the sales taxes applied to all other goods and services).

This isn't time to play nice. We have an opportunity to force the hand of both parties and should take it for all it is worth. If the nonsense that has been allowed to go on for so long continues, the only other opportunity to make the changes necessary may come from the end of a gun barrel - and that will not be good for anyone.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

I would like to address one thing, not specifically towards you, but you mentioned it:

I have seen alot of tea party " hate " spewed from the mouths of uneducated folks on ATS. I would like to clearly point out, that the Tea party movement, isn't specifically republicans or democrats. Its independent people who join forces to voice their concerns. Across the nation, there is no formal organized "plan " for the tea party meetings and rallies. They just so happen at the same time, with no real " voice " above all others.

I've done some research and found that the Tea party movement is framed by the MSM outlets, more specifically , CNN, MSNBC, CBS, NYT, WSJ,LAT,etc as a right wing propaganda machine. Well, sorry folks, but that is so far from the truth is comical. The MSM would like the people to believe that the Tea party movement is bad, and right wing extremists, but its not.

As Thomas Jefferson once wrote:

When you have a government in fear of the people, thats called freedom, when the people fear its government, that is tyranny.

What we are seeing, is the MSM, and possibly even left/right wingers, who fear the voice of the people. What better way to continue with their agenda unobstructed? By spreading fear into the people that Tea parties are so very bad, and we ( the USG) are so very good. We are seeing wide spread division in the people, what was once belief is no longer.

We are not only heading for turbulent times, but an interesting voting year~

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I dont hate the tea party. I was pretty impressed with them when they first came out. However, clearly they are not bright. They allowed the Republican party to infiltrate and supported Republican candidates who had a sudden change of heart and decided they were 3rd party.

We need a real third party, not a bunch of recycled 2 party players who just slapped a new label on the same old crappy product. Telling us what we want to hear is the current game. We need politicians who will actually DO what we want them to do, not just blow smoke up our undies when running for office.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join