It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold, Silver And Oil Are All Skyrocketing And That Is Bad News For The U.S. Economy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Gold, Silver And Oil Are All Skyrocketing And That Is Bad News For The U.S. Economy

www.infowars.com

The following is one statement that you should get used to seeing: “The price of gold set another record today.” Today, spot gold reached a new all-time record of $1461.91 an ounce before settling back a little bit. Silver is also skyrocketing. At one point today silver hit $39.75 an ounce. It seems inevitable that at some point we are going to be talking about $50 silver. The price of oil is also continuing to relentlessly march upwards. At last check U.S. oil was at about $108 a barrel. The truth is that whenever the U.S. government goes into more debt, more money is created. The
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-4-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Somebody really needs to start focusing on solutions because panic is starting to abound. Many top corporate insiders are selling off stock like there is no tomorrow. The biggest bond fund in the world, PIMCO, has been getting rid of all of their U.S. Treasuries. When Wall Street big shots start freaking out you know that the hour is late.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Every other commercial I see on TV is one for selling buying your gold and every commercial i hear on the radio is for you buying their gold.
Hell Alex Jones usually devotes a full segment to that guy that hawks his gold and silver.

I think that after a certain point, after a lot of people have invested in gold, the govt will come along and take it, theyv done it before and they can do it again.
They actually have done it to the guy that was selling the liberty dollar.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

I think you may be right, looking awfully familiar like 1933 isn't it?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

mmmm'kay
The solution is to buy silver and gold.
There is no other solution, fiat currency is crashing and it can not be stopped.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I would have to agree, no matter what the MSM is telling us and what Wall Street is doing panic is setting in.

Silver is sky rocketing, I have watched it for years.

I have heard from people buying the physical metal these days, it's much harder to find and purchase in large quantities for investment purposes, hence the prices going up fast.

I am no analyst, nor a person that can see into the future, but I would wager if things tank we could see silver at $250 an ounce.

Strange thing is something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it, but if the dollar is worthless the price of silver could be $100,000 and ounce and it wouldn't make a difference.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Yup, I've been watching the market ( trying to make what sense of it I can ) but the one thing I noticed right off the bat, was the daily increases in gold and silver. Economists all over have been suggesting massive increases in those two commodities. After further research, history has shown, the higher these two items go up, the harder the currency falls. The currency panics since the 1790's all the way through history are historically factual when it comes to gold and silver.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by StarBoy

And when the dollar crashes and you have all this gold "on paper" since most or at least some dont have the gold sent to them.
Then the government raids the gold sellers, confiscates all the gold and instantly makes your "paper gold" worthless.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
reply to post by StarBoy

And when the dollar crashes and you have all this gold "on paper" since most or at least some dont have the gold sent to them.
Then the government raids the gold sellers, confiscates all the gold and instantly makes your "paper gold" worthless.

I was about to say the same thing. These advertisements about buying gold, and we"ll send you the documentation of your ownership of said gold....just has " confiscation " written all over it!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Here is what concerns me about the whole oil issue currently, the last time we had oil prices sustain a high for an extended period out time the market plunged into almost complete financial chaos.

Do you know the date? Yup! 2008 and that time the feds did everything they could to bail it out, and are still trying to prop it up.

I am not a panic person, nor do I run around screaming the sky is falling. I am using pure logic and historical stats here.

I personally don't think the feds will be able to do anything if the market tanks like that again, hence the jump in silver and gold. People are not sure what the heck to do with their money these days.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

Won't matter much either way people can't eat gold or silver.

Best bet is to have food for at least six months if things go south, I would bet that a man with 50 ounces of gold would trade it for a weeks food, if food becomes hard to find.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Yup, in 2008 we had Hank Paulson basically scaring everyone into believing that the " sky was falling" and that we need to bailout everyone. Well, we know where the money actually went too dont we...( coughing)..Goldman Sachs..(coughing )....

Now we have the Fed Chairman, at high print at the presses, pushing massive amounts of dollars, not only pushing them into the system, but it is also speculated that he also has massive amounts of that cash stock piled.

In return we have high inflation, massive devaluation of the dollar, which in turns reduces the purchasing power of the dollar...not to mention politicos pushing for more spending? Its just getting crazy, and whats really scary is there are millions of people who dont understand the monetary system, much less what really is going on here!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I got my stock in steel, Alluminum, Titanium !.....I know it seems stupid but right now it's dirt cheap and when SHTF and we have to rebuild.....Prices will go through the roof !!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Its just getting crazy, and whats really scary is there are millions of people who dont understand the monetary system, much less what really is going on here!

I think someone did tell most of them about Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth fairy, it's just they are in complete denial.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

All I can say is if you jump on the bandwagon, dont buy any metals you will not have physical custody of.

If the SHTF and someone confiscates your gold/silver. you will not have a prayer of getting custody of it after the fact. If our system crumbles, what will replace it will be a lot less sympathetic to the individual citizen.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have seen this coming almost 7 years ago to the day. I have been doing my own financial research for 25 years now, and have drawn the following conclusion from following models of the world's past economies. The US dollar shall collapse by Nov 2011 it should have collapsed in 2008 but the "bailouts" have only prolonged the delay of the inevitable .

It has been way too long that the US Dollar which is a fiat currency has been inflated and backed by nothing. The simple rules of basic economics that govern the banking system have proven this to the world, and other nationalities of the world are already well in the "the know" on this. The American people should have already figured out that easy tid bit by now, and should have secured their monetary interest somewhere else in the world where the tracks lead to the bull grazing.

A fundamental rule of economics states..."There is ALWAYS money being made in the market REGARDLESS of Bear or Bull market. The fact that the U.S. Dollar is way over due for an overhaul has been ignored to the critical point. Welcome to the New World people.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I have seen this coming almost 7 years ago to the day. I have been doing my own financial research for 25 years now, and have drawn the following conclusion from following models of the world's past economies. The US dollar shall collapse by Nov 2011 it should have collapsed in 2008 but the "bailouts" have only prolonged the delay of the inevitable .

It has been way too long that the US Dollar which is a fiat currency has been inflated and backed by nothing. The simple rules of basic economics that govern the banking system have proven this to the world, and other nationalities of the world are already well in the "the know" on this. The American people should have already figured out that easy tid bit by now, and should have secured their monetary interest somewhere else in the world where the tracks lead to the bull grazing.

A fundamental rule of economics states..."There is ALWAYS money being made in the market REGARDLESS of Bear or Bull market. The fact that the U.S. Dollar is way over due for an overhaul has been ignored to the critical point. Welcome to the New World people.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Molder
I got my stock in steel, Alluminum, Titanium !.....I know it seems stupid but right now it's dirt cheap and when SHTF and we have to rebuild.....Prices will go through the roof !!!

I hope you didnt buy American Steel, we all know where America gets its steel form now... I'll give you a hint, not from here.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

All I can say is "people dont panic."

This crash of the dollar is being orchestrated to make you all fear for your financial lives and accept a deal with the devil to save your own asses.

Country first, people. Save the Constitution at all costs. You may not think so, but you are better off living in a tent in this country with it, than in a penthouse without it. This is the financial version of 9-11. Designed to make you soooooooo scared, you will sign your freedoms away.

Dont do it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

Yes, for far to long, the people have been blinded to what reality truly is. They dont understand that limitless credit, and money created out of thin air, backed by nothing, no tangible asset of any sort amounts to failure. IMO, the demise of our currency started when the gold standard was removed. The gold, that backed each dollar was the " balance " and the means to prevent an over abundance of fiat currency being printed. For every oz of gold, there was a dollar amount.

But since the removal, they have been able to print dollars like its going out of style. I have no doubt, that soon,. maybe even your projected date is true. The dollar is crumbling, and I think its to late to stop the inevitable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join