It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Down, down with NATO!" shouted Libyan rebel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Link

Rebel fighters claimed NATO airstrikes blasted their forces Thursday in another apparent mistake that sharply escalated anger about coordination with the military alliance in efforts to cripple Libyan forces. At least two rebels were killed and more than a dozen injured, a doctor said.
-
"Down, down with NATO," shouted one fighter as dozens of rebel vehicles raced eastward from the front toward the rebel-held city of Ajbadiya.
-
But rebel discontent with NATO appears to be growing. Opposition commanders have complained in recent days that the airstrikes were coming too slowly and lacking the precision to give the rebels a clear edge. NATO officials say that the pro-Qaddafi troops have blended into civilian areas in efforts to frustrate the alliances bombing runs.

Rebels, can you say “We’ve been tricked”? Because that is what has happened if you ask me, two strikes against Libyan rebels yet they paint the roofs of their vehicles yellow to signal to the NATO fighters that they are in fact the rebels. Obviously that cannot be missed I don’t care how NATO tries to spin the story. You cannot rationalize the assault on two groups of rebel forces, not with all the precautions and knowledge the troops have.

I believe they have been lied to, just like us here in the West have. NATO is not there to help them, the actual intentions I still do not exactly know but would definitely want to find out. My suspicion is that it is about oil and geopolitical strategic interests. The rebels have already been talked into setting up a central bank, seeing as how Libya does not work with the other central banks around the world, and they are already helping them claim more oil locations and ports.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Why Nato is even still bombing is beyond me, the mandate was to establish a no fly zone and that was achieved. The West has started something now that they obviously cannot finish and it is ruining any credibility Nato has left. Lots of leaders will have plenty of egg on their faces when this is over if it ever does end.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
we should have just let that whole country kill each other. Sorry but that's how I feel, they've been a problem since I was a kid in the 80's. I'm done with it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pastafarian

exactly! we've been "helping" these idiots since we killed Qaddafi's daughter decades ago! Either we are doing more harm than good, or Qaddafi is so god-awful powerful that the united powers of the west cannot stop him. If it was really about killing Qaddafi, we could have sent a dozen or less men in and had it finished in as many hours.
The entire globe would be stronger if every nation was isolationist. If we all take care of our parts, the whole prospers. Focusing on turmoil a half a world away and devoting precious blood and treasure to someone else's cause will only serve to leave us open to attack or collapse in the future.
On to why we may actually be over there; google a map of the ancient world and lay it over top of a modern mideast / N. Africa map and you may have your answer. Three strategic occupations spread evenly across the supposed "cradle of civilization?" For all of you who believe that the ancients had more knowledge and power than we do, prepare for a wild ride. Once the Illuminati controlled Western world gets their hands on key artifacts and objects of power (think ark of the covenant s h * t), the final stage of their world domination, population reduction agenda will begin! or they will open a really badass museum...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I believe they have been lied to, just like us here in the West have. NATO is not there to help them, the actual intentions I still do not exactly know but would definitely want to find out. My suspicion is that it is about oil and geopolitical strategic interests. The rebels have already been talked into setting up a central bank, seeing as how Libya does not work with the other central banks around the world, and they are already helping them claim more oil locations and ports.

Given as that NATO/UN intervened at the request of the Arab League, I think the hidden strategic intent is not to protect or seize oil reserves, of which the member countries of the AL have plenty, but rather water. And yes, the promptness with which the new centralised Libyan bank has been set up kind of suggests part of the strategic aim is to remove Libya from Bubya's 'axis of evil'.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Pastafarian

I agree just let all them musellum countries fight each other and jump up and down on each others burnt out tanks and

shoot all their weapons up in the air till they all run out of bullets ...then NATO can air-drop baseball bats and then they can beat each others brains out and leave the world their oil and camels.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Rebel oil started

Oil tanker leaves Libyan rebel held port

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 7-4-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join