It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revised to 7.1 IN JAPAN NOW TSUNAMI ALERT ISSUED, several nuclear power plants on emergency power

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
honestly I don't understand: How and why should a system of antennas be capable of causing earthquakes? The amount of energy involved isn't really an issue: most earthquakes according to seismologists are caused by sudden fractures induced by accumulated elastic potential energy at the border between two plates, so the energy is already there. Japan is a volcanic archipelago, just on the edge of an oceanic rift, I don't think anyone with a bit of sense is surprised that is a high earthquake risk area. The frequency and intensity of earthquakes in recent years is pretty alarming, but even looking back at our short recorded history of earthquakes we could easily agree that it follows a bursty pattern, or in layman terms... when it rains it pours.

A radar can detect an earthquake looking at the ionosphere, the vibrations from the earth crust do mechanically propagate trough the atmosphere and induce measurable vibrations in the ionosphere, but the other way around seems a bit physically unfeasible to me. Does anyone have any hard data, or even just a reasonable justification for this HAARP paranoia?

BTW it's too bad for Japan, let's hope at least Godzilla doesn't show up.

P.S
Sorry, I'm new on this board, what is all the talk about transformers?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Was just wondering if conspiracy theorists believe that the natural disasters in Japan are being created by the US Government/HARP.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

new topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join