It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revised to 7.1 IN JAPAN NOW TSUNAMI ALERT ISSUED, several nuclear power plants on emergency power

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Oh, I'm sure that that is a complete and total coincidence. All people saying that HAARP can make earthquakes are crazy and don't know what they're talking about. Just listen to the popular members with a high WATS index who are resident experts on the subject, since they know what they're talking about.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CCKP72
reply to post by CCKP72

OMG, I just thought of something.

What direction is this camera facing relative to the Nuclear Plants? Is it feasible that if there was a nuclear explosion that 1) it could be seen from this vantage point and 2) would it only be a flash of light like this?

Please someone tell me that I am crazy that this could NOT be a nuclear explosion...all flaming welcome in this instance.

How are you gonna get a nuclear explosion from a nuclear powerplant? They are two different animals.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The flash is clearly electrical. Anyone who has ever seen a transformer blow wouldn't give this flash a second thought.

link   
reply to post by CCKP72

That's the first thing I thought too. It was huge whatever it was! I'm going to try to find out what it was and if I do I'll post it here.

link   
I'm going to take a wild guess that the "light" was transformers and/or a substation going down- hence the power outage shortly after....

ETA: Yes, kite beat me to it!

edit on 7-4-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

There cannot be any type of explosion then? Fine by me...I don't claim to be a scientist.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Blue flash during the earthquake in Miyagi prefecture, any thoughts on what it could be? Start at 0:12

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Oh, I'm sure that that is a complete and total coincidence. All people saying that HAARP can make earthquakes are crazy and don't know what they're talking about. Just listen to the popular members with a high WATS index who are resident experts on the subject, since they know what they're talking about.

No im sorry, I don't buy that. yesterday I felt something drain from me, the same way it happened on march 11. So no, i don't buy it. There is also a HAARP facility close to where i live as well. My mom felt it too. So I know it wasn't just me.

link   

reply to post by CCKP72

What direction is this camera facing relative to the Nuclear Plants? Is it feasible that if there was a nuclear explosion that 1) it could be seen from this vantage point and 2) would it only be a flash of light like this?

Please someone tell me that I am crazy that this could NOT be a nuclear explosion...all flaming welcome in this instance.

No, Nuclear plants don't do that..
They simply melt down.

The rods are surrounded in boron to prevent a chain reaction.(this absorbs the neutrons)

But if this shaking broke the square casings holding the rods, then we could have a melt down. nothing like Chernobyl though.

But these rod racks SHOULD be under 30 ft of water, but they are exposed currently. (reason for the steam coming out--the second they spray water on them, it evaporates. That's why they are now adding liquid nitrogen.)

If the leak is closed still, and they can fill/cover the rods, then we're all good. if not, they will probably need to bury the reactor in concrete/boron mix. (i.e. a sarcophagus like Chernobyl).

link   
Terrible news.

I hope another tsunami doesn't hit, no reports yet.

If one hit the damaged nuke reactors, wouldn't that push all the radioactive material inland?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CCKP72

No there can be an explosion just not the kind you were thinking of as in like an nuke bomb. I am far from a scientist myself but have learned quite a deal here through the last month or so. Sorry didn't mean to offend.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
They just said on CNN that 2 NEW nuclear plants are being watched because they lost power....and they are saying it's just a precaution....nothing to worry about...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Thanks.

Its probably just a transformer blowing....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Feel so sorry for these poor people. Sky news say the light is an earth quake light. I dont have a clue myself though

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbydazzler
Feel so sorry for these poor people. Sky news say the light is an earth quake light. I dont have a clue myself though

What's an "earthquake light"?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

Originally posted by bobbydazzler

What's an "earthquake light"?

Wikipedia is your friend: en.wikipedia.org...

... as is Google.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
reply to post by CCKP72

No there can be an explosion just not the kind you were thinking of as in like an nuke bomb. I am far from a scientist myself but have learned quite a deal here through the last month or so. Sorry didn't mean to offend.

Yeah, it can 'explode', and one or two DID. It was a hydrogen explosion. The reactors lost power - no more water being add -- rods burn off the water into hydrogen. Gas pressure built, and blew the top off the reactors.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

No offense taken! I was hoping to be wrong.

Many thanks for the insight.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

my apologies for the music

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax

reply to post by CCKP72

No, Nuclear plants don't do that..
They simply melt down.

The rods are surrounded in boron to prevent a chain reaction.(this absorbs the neutrons)

But if this shaking broke the square casings holding the rods, then we could have a melt down. nothing like Chernobyl though.

But these rod racks SHOULD be under 30 ft of water, but they are exposed currently. (reason for the steam coming out--the second they spray water on them, it evaporates. That's why they are now adding liquid nitrogen.)

If the leak is closed still, and they can fill/cover the rods, then we're all good. if not, they will probably need to bury the reactor in concrete/boron mix. (i.e. a sarcophagus like Chernobyl).

Thank you for this information. Very helpful, indeed.

They should have buried it weeks ago....but that is a topic for another discussion...

edit on 7-4-2011 by CCKP72 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join