It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Finally Time to Admit I Was Dead Wrong...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
As much as I like to bash an unqualified empty shell of a leader, it's not all his fault.

There are two powers in government; the government politicians and the career bureaucrats. The career bureaucrats run the long term / multi-generational programs and pull the strings of the two political parties.

The primary goal of a bureaucracy is self-preservation, and the secondary goal is to grow.

The primary goal of a politician is to get re-elected, and the secondary goal is to support the goals of his supporters.

Bureaucrats know how to manipulate politicians and to give or pull support from the politician. Politicians (Presidents) are simply temp workers. Politicians are not invited into the internal power struggles within the bureaucracies.

So, blame the ideology of the politicians in power, and don't forget to take a very close look at the bureaucrats in the shadows.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am in the same frame of mind as the OP.

The health care reform mess has not helped the average person. There was a very amateurish, unacceptable response to the oil spill crisis. On all these trips and visits to foreign heads of state, Obama bows low to them. China disrespects the USA for lacking any semblance of fiscal restraint. The state of the economy is so bad that everything is hanging by a thread (while inflation is skyrocketing out of control). Obviously, I could go on and on.

We need real, fundamental change in the management of the USA. We do not need Obama or someone like him saying the word "change" just as an advertising buzz word. No, we need the real thing.

Jesse Ventura would be a great president. Ron Paul. Maybe even Trump. We need a leader who is honest and has intestinal fortitude. I voted for Ross Perot twice because he's a very effective and efficient manager and showed us on his charts and graphs where America was headed and said he would roll up his sleeves and get under the hood and fix it. We should have made him president. His charts and graphs turned out to be right on the money.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That's right! Look at Wisconsin, over 7000 votes fell out of the sky of a republican district from a republican clerk who worked for the supreme court judge that these miracles from above favor. Nothing wrong there????

It's all about the money my friends ,Third party candidates if by some miracle were to be elected would be as corrupted by the money brokers as anyone else. If they couldn't be bought then there are always other ways to reach them. The only hope for America is not with third party candidates as they are only flesh and blood, it's with clean and fair elections that are paid for by public or governement funds. No private or corporate funding should be allowed. This United States Supreme Court has opened the flood gates to drown our democracy in corporate money as is with "The Citizens United Decision" What did you all expect when in 2000 the Supreme court, the final arbitor of the Constitution of the United Sates of America the final vanguard of Democracy, the protector of our liberties ruled against states rights and against our right to have of votes count and choose our president for us. Do any of you really think a third party candidate has a chance? Who's sipping the coolade?

Peace
Richc

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is the best moment ever we get to be critical of all the sheeple bleeting "Yes We can" "Change" Yes We Can"
its like 1984 all over again welcome your big brothers people different leader same agenda

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

It seems some folks need a refesher in civics 101. Who holds the purse strings of the USA? The congress not the President. Who under clinton held the congress when the budget was balanced? The repulicans. Who has held the congress and the Senate uptill 2010? The democrats. Who did not bring forth a budget for 2011 in 2010 the democrats, who held congress, who has spent money like drunken perverts for the last 4 years? SanfranNancy that who has gotten this country in the deep dodo that we are in today the democrats.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I too share in your hopelessness, and cringe to think about it all, from bush, to obama, to .... satan?

I admit I didn't read everyone's comments in this thread because I'm pretty sure that by now obamabots like Southern Guardian and others of his insulting ilk have already infultrated this thread and have started spewing the typical propoganda and lies, even going so far as linking your profile to profiles that include hate, intollerance, racism, and ignorance.

I don't care to get involved with people like that, because they have no wish to see things through the other establishment's glasses. Obama truly has proven to be the incarnate effigy of the anti-uncle Sam he is. And you're right, they do not care, not one bit.

I share your suffering, as the gutted shell and hopeless man I exist as today....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by hawaii50th

I will concede that you are correct. Instead of living humbly, our citizenry do take things for granted. Thank you for responding with intelligence. Others tend to get offended by simply asking a question.

Your very welcome.
They're is so many folks talking about what needs to be done, but that's all it is, talk. Maybe there is someone somewhere with a good honest plan that will one day hopefully soon make a difference. I don't know, if there is and I'm asked to join in, I may just do that if the feeling is right.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It wouldn't have mattered who you voted for, your government has been hijacked and the president is just a PR guy for the western elite.

I don't understand why Americans can't see what is REALLY going on with their country. You believe that you're living in a democracy but it is anything but. You've had past Presidents warn you that certain secret groups were trying to gain control over your government and military and still the American public did nothing about it. You had a President get assassinated because he wanted to expose these groups and still the American people did nothing.

The biggest problem with the U.S. isn't TPTB, it's the greed of the American people. The great "American Dream" as you all like to call it. Where everyone figures that they all deserve more out of life than the next person. The land of opportunity. Sure, if you have money to begin with.

Americans do next to nothing for their poor and disadvantaged. Your social programs are a joke. I don't for the life of me understand why you wouldn't want government sponsored health care. Are you all that stupid? Have you all been brainwashed by the insurance companies and medical community? I live in Canada and I and most other Canadians think our heath care system is the greatest. Canadians don't ever worry about going bankrupt because of illness. I know that your politicians and lobbyists have Americans convinced that Canadians wait in lineups a block long to get medical attention, but I can tell you that is so not the case.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to disrespect Americans, it's just so frustrating because a lot of non-Americans know what's going on with your country but can do nothing about it. You need to take care of that yourselves. The reason we care, is because if the U.S. goes down the tubes, they will take the rest of the world with them.

U.S. citizens need to start organising massive protests against the U.S. government and the U.S. Federal Reserve now. Time is running out for you to take your country back. Do it! Before its too late!

Remember, They only have power because you give it to them.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by richc
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That's right! Look at Wisconsin, over 7000 votes fell out of the sky of a republican district from a republican clerk who worked for the supreme court judge that these miracles from above favor. Nothing wrong there????

Peace
Richc

Lets not go there. What did you think back in 2008 when Al Franken supporters here in Minnesota were pulling ballots out of the trunks of their cars and adding them to the total?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Aisling

“If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know,” Obama said laughingly. “You might want to think about a trade-in.”

Barack, this comment is beyond disgusting, and you and your wife are severely out of touch with reality. I will not be voting for you.

out of touch with reality...

actually, that is firmly set in a realistic suggestion.

also, if your complaining about the cost of cigarettes, and your smoking 4 packs a day, you may consider cutting down...(call me out of touch now...go on)

Really? Because in this economy, how many people can realistically go buy another gas efficient car. Yeah, we should all move to do so but in reality many can't. Why punish them at the pump?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dbriefed

YOu have forgotten that there is one more force ar work in Washington. This force is far more potent, pervasive and is somewhat incideous. Eisenhower spoke of it and so did Lincoln. Our U.S. Supreme Court gives it personhood and bestows first amendment rights onto it. THe high court says speak my Frankenstein creation in the only way you know how. Go forth and spread your influence through out the land via the fruits of your ill or otherwise gotten goods. Use your treasure chest and buy the best government that your corporate money can buy. Worry not about Mc Cain Feingold, for we this Court on High shall not impede your voice, for after all that is your constitutional right as a person, even though your really not a person. YOu are a corporation but we with all our great collective knowledge shall call you a person and no one will notice that this is not true. Surely all these peons who are pissed on by you wont even know what this decision is all about. Their too worried about defending Rand Paul. So worry not my corporate masters. We the highest in the land except for you ofcourse, shall do your bidding and who shall dare challene us.
Richc

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

Yes the Canadian health system is better than what the States have, but the Canadian Health system is not perfect either. For one, it's not really free, taxes is what pays for it. Unless your a business man or make hardly any money your heavily taxed, so who's carrying the brunt of it all, the middle class.
Another thing is, the medical system in Canada suppose to be non-biased, well if you got money you get the transplant quicker than the the one that's not so wealthy.
The Canadian Health system is also abused and taken advantage of. And because of this there are now times where there are fees to pay when getting surgical procedures in a doctors office. You also have to pay in some provinces for certain blood test. And there's more, like depending on the size of a family there is a monthly charge to have provincial health care coverage. Once upon a time say between 15 and 20 years ago, Canada had the best health care, not anymore, it is deteriorating like any other government service, it gets abused.
The U.S. system like the Canadian can work but people abuse it and get greedy and that's what screws things up, people.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by croweboy

That's rediculous!!!! THat's imposible !!!!! and that's simply not true. Even if that had some merrit, that just supports my point.My point was the system is corrupt. So in the final analysis, we agree. But it's still rediculous.
Richc
peace and blessings

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Benevolent Adversary
you were not wrong to vote for obama. he did make promises. what you failed to see was that the two parties in america are just both side of one coin. the difference is very marginal.
i am not even going to address your michelle bashing other then to sugggest we also look at mrs. bushes expense account. while i cannot say for a fact, i am sure her bills were just as high.
next time you vote just remember a vote for republicans or democrats is a vote for status quo. these parties will never bring true change. as long as these parties are in power the rich will get richer most americans will be ignored and congress will just do whatever it pleases.

Soooo, you're going to disregard the factual information concerning Mrs. Obama, and going to offer an unfounded opinion on Mrs Bush to support your argument. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. The current POTUS and FLOTUS are their own coin in that they openly flaunt the mantra of "do as I say, not as I do." They are hypocrites of the worst kind because they don't hide it and openly don't care (about you or I or anyone/thing else). Sorry....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
How did this thread go from being about Obama to Bush?

Can't anyone stick to the topics on ATS anymore?
edit on 7-4-2011 by Ancient Champion because: Added

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
How did this thread go from being about Obama to Bush?

Can't anyone stick to the topics on ATS anymore?

May be accidental, it's getting increasingly difficult to differentiate between the two.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is a very sad thread, accurate but sad and I mean no disrespect to the OP Star and Flag. Its just so disheartening to hear such, angst and despair. I too feel your pain. Worse yet I couldn't bring myself to vote for either because I refused to vote for the lesser of two evils and by my apathetic act I too helped assure his success but would it have really mattered anyway?

If insanity is doing the same thing over and over again hoping for a different result I ask is it not time to try something a bit radical. The only thing I offer outside of a full on revolt is a candidate (maybe) who might be well outside of your comfort zone. I of course am speaking of Ron Paul. He is radical in the sense that in the twenty years he has been a sitting Congressman not (once) has he voted in favor of anything that anyone might remotely interpret as Unconstitutional. He would put an end to the Federal Reserve which many of you know now just how dangerous this organization is. He would abolish the Federal Income Tax as it is Unconstitutional. He would veto anything Congress or the Senate would dare try to pass across his desk based on its Constitutional merits and perhaps most importantly he would bring our kids home.

Sadly Congressman Paul has not yet put in his bid for 2012 but I believe if he sees just how much support is out there for him, he's gonna do it. Just go back and look at the debate footage from 2008. He owned the debates because he keeps it simple and he keeps it honest and I know some of you perhaps most will think this is a radical idea but look where we have gotten doing the same thing over and over again, hoping for a different result - Insanity

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by gncnew

Oh yeah - Ron Paul/Rand Paul 2012!

Ron Paul - Yes

Rand Paul - Just NO! Just no! Just NO! Just no! JUST NO!!!!

Edit to add: I live in Kentucky. I hate the guy. :|
edit on 4/7/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Freedom is the Last. Best hope of earth

Bahrain golf pearl the country with a million palms it’s all gone thanks to Arab dictator, the word Bahrain resamples torture massacre death violation and the list go on. I love my country but I never called Hamid my king, some so called Religious scholars stated the king is your guardian and to disobey is forbidden….king? A king is just a title.

What the….happen? even I don’t know it’s simply a miss, before all hell broke loss the position held a press conflict stated accepting the dialog with princes Salman next morning around 6am we got our answer a Peninsula Shield to Purification Bahrain from opposition in their own words (some were wondering why we don’t trust them) I hate that we saw it coming but we didn’t even dream they would go as far as calling sectarian Military to annihilation unarmed people. Calling help to kill your own people it’s a phenomenal but we got the msg sell your soul to the west and you are judgment proof, is this the world we want to live in? A world that runs by fear and deception but whose running it….can you see where it’s heading a disaster. Peace ain't that the dream…why the….is it still a dream you see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not? This is for dreamers out there if you can dream then you have a heart. I gotta tell you before The revolution my heart only broke twice now I lost count, I can’t do this in my own so for the first time in my life I say this word (please) just help me make them open the hospitals that’s all I am asking for even sticking a picture on a wall makes a deferent…..can you help me?

I tasted freedom for the first time in my life at pearl roundabout Lincoln was absolutely right: those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves

picasaweb.google.com...

Saying my peace here bcz they arrest Bloggers and by Saturday night might get lucky my last word will be freedom, hope I can try 3DS before that XD once a gamer always a gamer.

#Bahrain government are beyond pissed that we are still peaceful and didn’t retaliate from the start of the revelation sure we closed a road after military attacked us twice at pearl roundabout and to make them fear attacking again we started a play a stranger come to and say military is at the Blocked so we march from pearl roundabout with sticks it worked they got scared, scared enough to bring a Stigma shield, It’s like a time bomb here just waiting for an order to let us fight back even though we don't have a single gun.(Malcolm X: some times you have to pick the gun up to put the gun down, you get your freedom by letting your enemy know that you'll do anything to get it then you'll get it its the only way to get it).

#Kuwait refused sending military to butcher unarmed people, instead they tried sending a medic team just to heal and save life’s when they arrived to Bahrain they were denied entering and ordered to go back when they arrived Kuwait they told them my bad you can come back to Bahrain but spend the night at Saudi a 12hour car drive and in the morning they told them go back Kuwait…..talk about cat and mice.

#Do you know that both UAE and KSA who entered Bahrain to save the king had there princes in Arranged marriage with the Bahrain prince….talk about saving marriage.

# Only in Bahrain the native citizens are actually gallous from Naturalized….I dream and the Naturalized take, I dream and the Naturalized take that’s enough I will stop dreaming.

# Jihad is simply spreading god words so in this so called free world why is there still people killing each other and say its jihad?

# This have been a perfect opportunity to find out who’s simply Neutral in delivering news so stay away from bbc and cnn it’s sad that the only English channel I can advise is CBS, Do i even need say google is goverment controlled ?

# When the revolution started they told us we are the same as England stop trying to make a change we asked a journalist at one of the March he told us we elect our Prime Minister and if this many people march asking her to step down she would step down.

#why stopped the Strike.... they brought foreign military what make you think they wouldn’t bring workers? Some might be going to work (by bus) but make no mistake we are at a strike.

#the human right organization….more like human joke this is the perfect chance make an example and a warning to any idiot who kill his own people, is it wrong to ask for a king that would protect the protester instead of killing them.

#End of the world is an act of god….not human, Oh no the end of the world is coming…..idiots stop waiting for the end and just enjoy now they remind me of my little bro when we go out he thinks too much at when we going back that he never enjoy the ride.

# I don’t get it why is there Medals for killing each other? Or why is a life of a child worth more than the life of an Elderly, what the.....is minor casualty.

#finally you got bored with films about the Arab terrorists while not a single bad movie about Jews talk about forcing concept, some wondering is USA tax payer funding Terrorism. Hello welcome to the real world.

#so many Objections to Guantanamo but nobody knows we have over 10 Guantanamo in Bahrain and anyone who object the king is a terrorist.

# Imagine a world represented in one piece I believe the west are the navy and Shichibukai are the dictators finally pirates are the people that doesn’t set 10 hour/day behind a screen.

# Did you know that Yemen leader had tried making himself permet king called his people terrorists and now trying to negotiate when he will step down just …..Off.

# Yes we said down down Hamid in our march we said it to make give in not a reason to kill us. This reminds me can you all just spread (beb beb bebeb) in the car horn, it resembles down down Hamid spread it around the world because it’s forbidden in Bahrain XD.

#In Quran ((If you stretch your hand to kill me I won’t stretch my hands to you to kill you, I fear Allah, Lord of the Worlds)) they are killing us here and we are Muslim what make you think they would spare you and why the whole world had to hear holy Quran was burned that guy has been nagging so much do you mind just shave him bald.

# Only in Saudi when an earth quake or 9/11 Occurs they say you deserve it bcz you are Infidel its god worth upon you and woman are still forbidden from driving in Saudi for god sake they will shade windows and promise not to open them or get out of the car just let them be.

# israel has been in philistine for the last 60 years and just from there action you gotta admit Hitler had a point: I could have annihilated all the Jews, but I left some of them to let you know why I was annihilating them, But the problem isn't the jews it's the idiots in charge they keep saying there will be one more war than israel will be jews heaven!......every problem can be solved without a bloodshed except the North/South korea conflict.

#I just loved the 2 statement Iran made: the closer you are to israel the farther you are to Iran, It’s an insult to call telling you stop killing unarmed people interfering.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
dont worry, OP and other Obummer voters...the Usurper won because he was supposed to, there was never any possibility of anything else happening...there are no fair elections in this country, only an elaborate charade designed to pacify the masses...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join