It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Finally Time to Admit I Was Dead Wrong...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by glad_to_be_His
reply to post by SaturnFX

Giving a speech addressing the obvious is not leadership and I think that was what the comment was about. He is not a leader.

Sending the military to help, getting fema prepared for help...is addressing the obvious? Who do you think gave those orders immediately?

So...what...was he supposed to put on a radiation suit and fly over to Japan to help stop the issues?

he is the president...not superman. get real...I can't even take this seriously. there was more credible argument in the mustard choice on his hamburger debate that went on during the primarys than the japan thing.

sad and twisted minds at work here.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

What is sadder is watching all of these good people fall for the same damed charade every four years, while believing they actually have a choice.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Btw, this is directed towards all of the "haha told you so" posters.

Do you honestly believe that Mccain would've done any better in the same situtuation? If you do you're no better than the people youre denouncing.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by uSNUUZuLUUz

ummmmmmm is it just me or did the original poster totally misinterpret MR. Obama's quote. He was saying DON't complain about gas prices when you drive a 70's truck that get's 1 mile / gallon!!!!! Trade in a get a more FUEL efficient truck. He wasn't saying just trade in to get a NEW car. It was toward all the people complaining, but not helping by using less gas. (not about the money)

Get over yourself, He's one of the best presidents since JFK. You're just mad, because he actually thinks through his problems, rather than a quick knee jerk reaction like Bush.

peace.

Let me ask you where the hope and change is in that statement? While he spends millions on his family's dalliances, he tells "Joe America" to trade in their truck... which they've had for years... because things suck and they're not getting any better.

Leadership isn't just talk, it's action, and until he can lead by his own actions, it's empty promises and words. I'm just so disappointed in this presidency as a whole, and more importantly - in myself for falling for this crap.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt

First off, I need to say that I am in a similar boat to you with regards to regretting my choice in '08. Though I fail to see how McCain would have been any better and we were, as ever, the third party candidates would never be allowed to win.

That said, I have to take exception to this line above. Americans should not believe that they are universally and automatically "exceptional". America is a nation. Just like any other. A nation that had evolved steadily into one of tremendous personal freedoms, cultural vibrancy, technological innovation and financial power.

See that's just it. America is exceptional. Since she got through the civil war, by chance, fate, or divine intervention she's grown into the shining city on a hill. America was the only thing that stopped Soviet expansion. America was one of the primary factors that the south Pacific is not under imperial rule of Japan and Western Europe are not members of the German empire. America is the reason we have modern communication. A vast majority of the last 200 years in invention and innovation came from this country because of what it's built upon:
-Free men and women working for their dreams and aspiration with no limits imposed by religion, race, or creed.

Do we have our black eyes? Absolutely, have we been hypocrites? Absolutely. But make no mistake that America has proven to be exception in her short life... and as Americans we can claim that birth right.

But only if we can live up to it - to whom much is given, much is expected. And for the last 10 years, we've failed miserably at that.
edit on 8-4-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

Get over yourself, He's one of the best presidents since JFK.
\

Youve got to be kidding me. What has he done that makes him so great, besides entertaining celebrities, brewing home made beer for the super bowl and going on a vacation, or "diplomatic mission" everytime a major issue comes up in the US or the world?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by hawaii50th

The Tea Party is good old fashioned Americans who love our country and the Constitution. Why did janet napolitano demonize them for being pro Constitution? And omg Nancy pelosis pitiful acting job when she pretended to be so scared of the demon T Partiers in Brooks bros clothing, what a charade that was. What she is afraid of is that T Partiers see through the scam and demanding these Travelers stand down. Why is DHS accosting Americans at airports now with all that groping and backscatter nonsense? It is because TPTB have absolute hatred of the Constitution and every thing it stands for because they are Statists. If anything, the T Party is the most spontaneous grassroots organization in the US. Just look at how OFA was involved in counter protest against the T Party. Look at their signs then look at the home made signs of the T Party. Soros money printed the SEIU signs, and loyal Patriots hearts printed the T Party signs.

I hope your right, I'm so leery of both the conservative as well as the liberal side, I don't trust either. If we're going to have real grass roots, we need somebody in there that comes from real people, not rich corporate back scratching puppets.
An independent, that have no ties to the controllers, one that millions upon millions would back up support and protect.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You were dead wrong in assuming that ANY poster boy presidential Coke or Pepsi presidential candidate wasn't bought and paid for by the PowersThat Be.

As soon as I saw that Bush's Seccretary of Defense Gates was remaining in office with the new Administration, it became clearly apparent to me that the same controllers who dictated policy to GW and Cheney were still at the helm.

What now ? Oh, we're sending troops into Libya now ? Boy is that ever a surprise !

Mayer Amschel Bauer aka Rothschild said it long ago. "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes her laws".

The only way in which we'll see change is to oust the Banksters who own Obama and each and every President since JFK. As well as each and every one of us.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It doesnt matter who you voted for, they will always become hated. never apologise for voting, only for NOT going to vote.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
everyones vote was a waste of time the result was in before anyone cast a vote.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt

First off, I need to say that I am in a similar boat to you with regards to regretting my choice in '08. Though I fail to see how McCain would have been any better and we were, as ever, the third party candidates would never be allowed to win.

That said, I have to take exception to this line above. Americans should not believe that they are universally and automatically "exceptional". America is a nation. Just like any other. A nation that had evolved steadily into one of tremendous personal freedoms, cultural vibrancy, technological innovation and financial power.

See that's just it. America is exceptional. Since she got through the civil war, by chance, fate, or divine intervention she's grown into the shining city on a hill. America was the only thing that stopped Soviet expansion. America was one of the primary factors that the south Pacific is not under imperial rule of Japan and Western Europe are not members of the German empire. America is the reason we have modern communication. A vast majority of the last 200 years in invention and innovation came from this country because of what it's built upon:
-Free men and women working for their dreams and aspiration with no limits imposed by religion, race, or creed.

Do we have our black eyes? Absolutely, have we been hypocrites? Absolutely. But make no mistake that America has proven to be exception in her short life... and as Americans we can claim that birth right.

But only if we can live up to it - to whom much is given, much is expected. And for the last 10 years, we've failed miserably at that.
edit on 8-4-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

We need to accept a responsibility to be great. And yet we consistently behave in a way where we assume that we already are great. Your truck mileage thing is a perfect example. You seem to be saying that because America has been such a force for good in this world that we should be able to drive whatever we want and that gas should always be affordable even when we are the ones boosting demanding and helping to drive up prices.

The America that was so great in the past was made of people who would say: "You want to charge how much for gas? Screw that, I'm making/getting a more efficient car, or developing a vehicle that does not rely on your oil." Creating an alternative to that gas-guzzler is the kind of action that will make us great. Getting 8 miles to the gallon when far better technology exists and bitching about gas prices is the kind of action that will make us hated around the world.

Now, is the Obamas' spending grotesque? Of course it is. They're rich. They were rich before they got in the White House and they got rich through the same ladder climbing and work that conservatives are always demanding of the lower classes. Still, they are behaving like the American Exceptionalists you claim that they are not. Your anger seems scattershot in this regard.

Oh! and as an aside, while America's nuclear arsenal creating the Mutually Assured Destruction balance of power that kept the Soviets in line, it was a protracted war in Afghanistan and numerous internal problems (including disproportionate spending on "defence") that drained USSR coffers and brought about the end of the Soviet Union. Something for us to learn from.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Oh boy you were wrong.

But your still wrong.

You vote made no difference.

No matter who you voted for the agenda was already written.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgrammaman
everyones vote was a waste of time the result was in before anyone cast a vote.

Yup. On the big issues of war and peace, and especially commerce and finance, ANY president would be doing the exact same things as Barry Soetoro (Ron Paul included, I'm afraid - JFK was shot dead for doing the right thing). He takes orders for the multi-national corporations and banks just like the rest of them

To quote the late great George Carlin, who saw this facade decades ago, I stay home and jerk off on federal election day. That way, at least I'll have something to show for my efforts.

The only thing that will truly change things and bring back real true libertarian freedom is if people rise up, especially US military members. I support them 100%, but lets face it. They're mercenaries for western multinational corporations and British controlled banks and they will be ordered to fire on their own citizens if Marshal Law were ever to be enacted when people wake up to the shadow tyrannical government that controls them.
edit on 8-4-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I too was wrong, but just a little. I knew Obama would be more of the same, but I hoped for a little change. I was certain Obama would not be as bloodthirsty and greedy as the republicans, but I was wrong too.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I still think WE the people have a chance. Obama is just another politician in the same cloth of every politician.

It's really up to us to stop consuming:

ethosthemovie.com...

This quick documentary sums it up pretty well. Obama isn't far off the mark in telling us to quit consuming, but he has strayed far off the mark on many other issues.

However, he's just representing the Democratic party line. A moderate elected by moderates who actually puts party interest ahead of representing the people. It seems the same on any side of the political party fence.

We've let this corporate-controlled government rule the masses for too long and all we would have to do to change the world is stop consuming so much of everything: war, sneakers, gas, electricity, clorox, jello, etc.

These financial times are encouraging us to conserve, but we can take this opportunity to live with and demand less? Who cares how big your TV is? If you can't fit a family of five in a Subaru wagon, consider family planning and ceasing trips to Costco to load the rig with supplies. With over 6 billion folks on the planet now we have to think about conserving, strengthening local commerce and evolving in an future of unknown climate change.

If we simply stopped over-consuming we might actually bring our political system to its knees and force the rebuilding of a society. We'll have to face an economic slowdown to do so but we will rebuild smarter in every way, and become more efficient.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

I don't blame politicians; they just don't know how to do their jobs anymore. Look, their doors are closing for a week because they've been doing such poor business. Is this Obama's fault? Maybe if Bush & Co. had not Enron-ed the country before stepping down; but it's OUR fault for charging everything and wanting something for nothing. We became surfs easily.

Now we have to cripple the special interest economy, let the system crumble, then rebuild.

It starts with personal responsibility. Stop buying stuff you don't need and become more self-sufficient, then help rebuild. If every voter did this it would have much greater impact than the election of a party line president or any politician.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Spam removed by admin.

Regards.
edit on Apr 8th 2011 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
OP, it saddens me to think that you come to the realization that you were wrong yet quickly jump to new conclusions and then proceed as you were before seemingly without a doubt as to who is your friend and who is your foe.

To the partisans on both sides.......Got it all figured out do you?

I will present a post very shortly that will include all important evidence in an effort to dispell this illusion.

If anyone wishes to successfully participate in any debate that may occur, I highly recommend that you do your homework concerning the following subjects:

Magna Carta - Common Law - Legalese - Council of Trent - Declaration of Independence - Constitution - Bill of Rights - Constitutional amendments - Executive Orders - The Anti Federalists as well as the Federalists - The Federal Reserve - The IRS - History of the concept of Money - The history US political parties - Geopolitics - Globalism and a bunch of other related subjects such as Peak Oil, 9/11 right down to 2012 End of World doom and gloom prophecies.

You will be able to easily find this post by the lamentations flowing from endless throngs of sobbing masses gathered around in a massive mourning of what they will learn has been lost and even more tears will be shed by those who will then understand the true nature of our current predicament, as the reward of Great Knowledge is an even Greater Responsibility.

I know that you currently do not understand how all this can possibly fit together yet I.... along with pretty much every scientist, soothsayer, witchdoctor, priest, minister et al understand that everything is relative and that essentially everything is touching.

Like a broken bone, the info will fracture your reality yet if set properly it will also heal stronger them ever and that is my goal as I, like you, am sick and tired of everything nurturing being turned upside down and vice versa.

Every Virtue that mankind seems capable of possessing turned against itself.
Every Vice exhalted.
Every great idea divided and dissected right down the middle the same way they divide we the people.

Via semantics and dialectic they move the sheep from one fleecing to another yet these sheep are my people and they need their metaphoric "wool" to warm them during the cold winters to come and so my short term mission is clearly defined!

Nemo me impune laccessit

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I too was wrong, but just a little. I knew Obama would be more of the same, but I hoped for a little change. I was certain Obama would not be as bloodthirsty and greedy as the republicans, but I was wrong too.

You have to admit Obama's "vote for change" slogan was correct. (Spare) change is all the middle class has left in their pockets...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by SaturnFX

What is sadder is watching all of these good people fall for the same damed charade every four years, while believing they actually have a choice.

Ah, the 04 election was quite the eye-opener, watching two Skull and Bones members of opposing Democrat and Republican run against each other for the Presidency. And what a treat to observe for those of us who knew what it meant. It was classic Hegelian.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by Char-Lee
I think Obama is the ani-christ, one reason is he can fit in all worlds and lands, no one really feels offened by him, not jis looks or speech.

I thought the first bit of this post was crazy...The Anti-Christ thing, but you actually managed to one up yourself with the second part ..."No one really feels offended by him, not his looks or speech"....wow, where have you been the past 5 years?

Been Around...I thought people were offended by his actions and non -actions, but as a man he was accepted by the world. My comment was not meant to be taken really seriously though :-) Although I think he fits the bill and nothing would surprise me.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join