It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Finally Time to Admit I Was Dead Wrong...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+266 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
In November of 2008 I went into my local voting station and for the first time voted for a Democrat President of the United States. I was one of millions that ushered in Barack Hussein Obama as the new Commander in Chief.

I believed that between Bush's two terms and Clinton's two terms America had become so entrenched in special interest politics that there was zero chance for us to pull out of the tail spin without making a dramatic move. I felt that new life, energy, and radical desire for change was the antidote for the apathy and gluttony that had become Washington.

I thought Obama really was going to bring Hope to the people and Change to Washington.

I was DEAD wrong...

The last 2.5 years have been painful at best, and hopeless at worst. They've ushered in a new phase of apathy. Hope is gone. I have lost hope that that the United States can remain a shining city on a hill.

Obama has succeeded in convincing American's that they are no longer exceptional, they are to blame for the state of the Union, and they better just adapt because it's not getting any better.

The only Change that has been ushered in is one of lost hopes.

“If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know,” Obama said laughingly. “You might want to think about a trade-in.” Read more: www.heraldnews.com...

Herald News

What? As you fly your family around the world on extravagant vacations playing the little prince - we should think about trade-ins? I thought you were going to bring we middle-lower class Americans a new age of prosperity? I thought you were going to rebalance the American wealth? I thought you were going to close the gap of the have's and have-nots?

Instead, you've told us "get used to it and trade in... sorry". Are you trading in? Is Washington taking pay cuts like most of America? Are you limiting your family's travel and spending?
Michelle's 26 Servants?
Michelle's $500k Vacation?
Michelle's Private £250,000 Spanish holiday
Michelle's $1000 purse and $700 sneakers?

Maybe Barack forgot to mention the "trade in" plan to her?

How About Foreign Policy?

An entire different thread could be written here. But here are some points to ponder:

1. 60% of U.S. Deaths have occurred since Obama was in office source
  2. Iraqi war - still happening, A LOT $billions spent/lost, thousands dead/wounded
  3. Other than Libya, our foreign policy sucks - China, Iran, Israel/Palestine, currency war...
  4. Saudi's are so unhappy with us, they're reaching out to our enemies Tom Brokaw reports
  5. NATO fears no exit from Libya, and we're hitting the wrong people Oops, My Bad! and NATO says "Ummm..."

But Wait, It's Not His Fault!

Just ask Alec Baldwin, the poster child for detached, idealistic and overpaid Hollywood who would tell us all how to live our lives even though they're not on the same planet.

He says that Obama's Problem is he can't SPEND ENOUGH!

WHAT?!?!?!
We're on the brink of being insolvent as a nation - to the point where even the Banksters are begging us to quit borrowing and spending

Our domestic policy is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Our foreign policy is a confused reaction to events.

I was wrong... DEAD WRONG...

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Great post. Stars for you buddy.. Glad someone is willing to admit their mistakes. When we are able to do that, it makes us better human beings.

Matt

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

They don't care, why should they when everything is dilivered to them on a silver platter. They don't know how it feels to struggle and go day by day, working hard so you can keep a roof over your head, petrol in your tank, and food in your fridge.

Overall, you did nothing wrong, how could we blamed for voting? They fill our heads with lies, promises that things can and will change, but then we get a huge slap of NOTHING.

Great thread

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

I agree! I too believed his campaign promises. My usual cynical nature was caught off guard and it's apparent now that the neocons are still in control; the wars will continue and expand and those that profit in blood and lives will continue unabated.

edit on 7-4-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

No worries, gncnew, just PLEASE learn the appropriate lesson - check records, consistency, and any hedging up to that point.

Another big indicator is if the media itself is pimping a candidate at you. If the media is pushing someone hard at any point - unless something changes drastically this election cycle - like they did with "FRONTRUNNERS" Guiliani, Obama, Mccain, Clinton at various points - this is someone the establishment likes, which means is probably more of the same (at best) for us.

Look to 3rd parties or marginalized candidates as this will be your real change anymore. I know, I know, everyone wants to pick a winner like they did with Obama or the repubs thought they were with McCain - yet we keep losing.

Break the cycle!

And don't worry about the media saying "Oh, so-and-so can't win". When they say that, that's exactly what they're TRYING to accomplish. If everyone votes their conscience for the best candidate out there, regardless of what they're told, you'd be surprised who can win.

Oh yeah - Ron Paul/Rand Paul 2012!

As far as not spending ENOUGH to fix these problems - Keynesians are simply insane. Look to austrian economics to see who actually predicts all the problems we've been having, and who offers reasonable solutions.

Be well.

link   
reply to post by gncnew

At least, gncnew, you have woken up. Now we can only hope that the kool-aid has worn off in enough people (former Obama supporters), that we can stop Obama from having a second term.

Can the US survive another term of Obama? I think if Obama gets another term, we will see just how arrogant & Left-wing he really is.

May God spare us another 4 yrs of Obama.

+33 more 
link   
When I saw George Bush Jr. elected TWICE, I knew without a doubt that the voting system was manipulated and controlled. No doubt. I don't know how people still have any faith left in the system of (s)elections being even slightly honest.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Frankly I think your taking this wayyy to personal. We could literally almost word for word add other names of former "commander in chiefs", but people were alot more forgiving with them. We as a nation want representation, but base it on a popularity contest, as opposed to change. I think that even if Sarah Palin ran and won, we would not be saying as much about her.

Its been almost 3 years, hes about to hit the door, maybe now we can concentrate on the other potentially harmful people that will replace him. As I am sure that he is just keeping the seat warm in the oval office, for the next person who will continue the reign of destroying this nation, our rights, our freedoms, and our finances.

If people believe that all we have to do is suck it up for another year and then its smooth sailing is not living in the real world. If we had to start thinking that after Obama leaves, then we can all go back to the way it was, we would literally need a time machine, a four leaf clover, a rabbits foot, and maybe even the possible revelation of unicorns and bigfoot.... all at once.

Peace, NRE.

+22 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Don;t feel bad, Bush suckered in many people too.
Listen to his campaign speeches where he talks about America as not being the world's policeman and having a non-interventionist foreign policy. Ditto for Clinton.
They're used car salesmen, nearly every one of them.
No surprise that everything tastes like lemons.

Ready to give up on bipartisan politics?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
People voted in 2006 for Change, then in 2008 they again voted for change, then in 2010 the voters voted for yet another change.

But nothing changes.

Everyone who voted for change in any of these elections should be disappointed.

I don't think voting will lead to change.

AS for the Obama and the trade it in mind set, it's similar to the tea party supporting tax breaks for the wealthy, but expecting the union workers to make sacrifices....

Same ol same ol

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I know what you mean. I voted for him too. Campaigned for him as well.
Raised a lot of money for him. I only wish I knew then what I know now.
Obama is a CIA shill. Bought and paid for by Goldman Sachs. And now
Goldman Sachs is our defacto government...

They are sneaky and clever. They create all kinds of distractions to keep
us divided. Just about every time any kind of real organization comes together,
they sneak in with their power and money and their next thing you know they have control.
Just like the Koch brothers did with the Tea Party.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Join the club. We should have a secret handshake or something.

Went into the voting booth in November of '08 and decided to ignore all those voices posting on the internet stating that Obama was a fraud and pulled the lever anyhow. Then I sat back and watched as all my hopes began to crumble in rapid fashion.

I know how you feel. God, how I know how you feel.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

It'sas though you took my angst and put it to paper! I keep asking myself "why? why? why did we all vote for him?" Was he the better of two evils?, or did we really believe in the Change he preached?

All we wanted was for our lives to "feel" better, like we were not struggling for nothing....he has done nothing but make us feel worse.

I don't even want to vote anymore

S&F for you!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I think two things are at play here:
1. We're so much closer to the brink (if not already over it) that we're running out of room to be forgiving
2. People are too aware of things today to talk out of both sides of the mouth. Bush was many things, but he didn't live a lifestyle that he told us we ourselves didn't deserve and shouldn't try to achieve.

Like I said, this is the first time I voted Democrat even... now I feel like I picked the evil I didn't know over the evil I knew.

I am starting to think Ron Paul is the only guy worth getting out of bed on voting day for.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Remember the movie, "They Live"? Special sunglasses were needed to see that some humans were actually aliens. The aliens were broadcasting a signal that blocked people from seeing the truth. In the end, the signal was destroyed and the aliens were fully exposed.

Fast forward to 2008. There was mass psychosis. We saw people literally fainting at BO's campaign rallies, like he was some kind of rock star on tour. People haven't fainted like that since the days of the Beatles first tour of America. I've never seen people get so worked up over a politician, especially a politician with such a questionable and unknown background. The media was with him lock-step and got him elected. They did NOT do any vetting at all. It was almost as if half the country had been placed under a hypnotic trance. Unfortunately, a lot of them are still under that trance, but many, like the OP, are finally starting to snap out of it.

I remember trying to reason with family members why they should not vote for him, but all they would do is shout me down by chanting "o-ba-ma" over and over again like they were in some kind of a trance. Very strange.

Wake up America!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew
Just ask Alec Baldwin, the poster child for detached, idealistic and overpaid Hollywood who would tell us all how to live our lives even though they're not on the same planet.

He says that Obama's Problem is he can't SPEND ENOUGH!

WHAT?!?!?!

Baldwin also said he was leaving the country to live in Canada if G.W. Bush was elected. He didn't move though. That aside, where is Baldwin getting his info from? Is he not aware of the 2011 budget? The health care spending? The "stimulus" program? The raises for federal workers? I can't believe the matter which spews from the leathery anus that we call his lips. Baldwin, as usual, remains a moron.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As much as I agree with the OP, if I had to do it again, I'd still vote for him. McCain scared the hell out of me. No matter how bad it seems now, it could be much worse.

I guess the lesson I learned was to never vote for either party ever again. Ever.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

S'okay buddy. Better late than never. I guess, if I learned anything is that you can't rest on your laurels. I'm a conservative. I'm a Tea Party guy. I still don't trust them.
Never trust them.
Always assume they are out to screw you. That's why we HAVE the 2nd ammendment. It keeps them in line. Although not lately.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
When I saw George Bush Jr. elected TWICE, I knew without a doubt that the voting system was manipulated and controlled. No doubt. I don't know how people still have any faith left in the system of (s)elections being even slightly honest.

The same election system process is the same in eupore and elsewhere basically you can vote but your vote is meaningless.

The elites already know who to choice.

In the euporean union all leaders have to be pro Washington, if however by chance there are some whom are pro russia, the elites will send you to an early assassination.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

you are not alone i too voted for you know who, and well nothing like feeling that you helped bring the USA down. well that is the way i feel.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join