It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cactus That Ate Roswell !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well, that may be taking some liberties with the report, but I got your attention.

This is just a little article which caught my eye :

www.krqe.com...

I thought it might generate some buzz and relieve those who would doubt life from some where outside earth.

Or it could be another clever hoax.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

While the picture is quite bizarre, I'm no botanist and really wouldn't know that thing from a christmas cactus. That being said, the story itself sounds like a bad scifi flick from the 50's. Man is looking for seeds, coincidentally, in the exact town where potentially the most famous UFO incident ever occured - when he stumbles upon a glowing carnivorous cactus in the bottom of a crater.

I'll try to keep high hopes that this pans out... but I'm not a very optimistic person to begin with...
edit on 7-4-2011 by memoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Hey,

There is another thread regarding this. I'll try and find and add the link.

D.

Edit:

Here you go: www.abovetopsecret.com...

We hope you have enjoyed our April 1 spoof! We at High Country Gardens created the story to have some fun within our area of expertise to highlight how otherworldly and interesting plant life on Earth can be. We invite you to get in on the joke by visiting www.highcountrygardens.com... and sharing the story with your friends. All hail the alien (looking) cacti!

edit on 7-4-2011 by dsm1664 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm betting the official word will be that it is just a cross breed of two other types, regardless of what it really is. It does look pretty interesting. I would love to see it glow.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Title is misleading and i nearly never bothered to open the link. You could of posted it as
The Luminous Cacti That Eats Bugs - Roswell

That would be more accurate but hey who am i to nit pick

On a "brighter" note.

It is actually quite interesting, Although I will have to try and find more information about this, as the link is only a small article here is a snippet . .

Salman said he found a cactus that eats bugs, glows and probably came to earth on a meteor. He says he scooped up some samples to see if someone could identify them, so far no one has been able to.

It is strange to say the least, im going to try and find more information now. Will add it if i find any

Either way nice find.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yep, already discussed - seems it was an april fools joke? That would, actually, make the most sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yep, this story "broke" on 4/01.

Previous ATS thread

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton

Or it could be another clever hoax.

Or it could have been searched for first...

new topics

top topics

join