It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Earthquake yes, 6.5 Good shaking in my city, Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Is not unusual but this one must be something like 4? Haaaa! it WAS 6.5 (Wow we are pretty accustomed to earthquakes and we dont catch the feel when it is over 6! lol) I was sleep but I woke up because my ringbell was shaked

In fact i have feeling little tremors this week, nothing big.

Its was about 8.15am CST
edit on 7-4-2011 by zaper because: update magnitude

edit on 7-4-2011 by zaper because: Ok final edit to update the post.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Ok, i find it

17.431°N, 93.978°W
Depth 167.4 km (104.0 miles)
Region VERACRUZ, MEXICO
Magnitude 6.5
Dang we are in Mexico City at 420kms from Veracruz and it was pretty the shake, circulatory motion fortunately and not trepidatorio
The worry is... Veracruz is a state in the Coast, strange location is not usual for us. WTH?
Someone more from Mexico?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
employes were evacuated,
seismic alarm was activated.
Wow there is movement rigth now, the radio is crazy.

instant news, sorry is spanish "News on minute"

el universal, sismo

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
dang, as usual in local earthquakes... my connection is failing. I hope not to lose it
Its normal, the cel phones failing and all the stuff, This must be working before 1 hr if there is not damage to the networks, its temporal.
Ok i will back if there is more importants news.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
thanks for the updates.

Keep them coming if you have more..

any reports of any damage ?
edit on 7-4-2011 by inthemistandfog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by inthemistandfog
thanks for the updates.

Keep them coming if you have more..

any reports of any damage ?
edit on 7-4-2011 by inthemistandfog because: (no reason given)

nope

not reported damage until this moment but who knows later, i bet just some cables or minor broken windows

this is from veracruz

The head of Civil Protection of Xalapa, Adair Gonzalez, announced that they remain alert to any replica and confirmed that no activities were suspended in any school in this capital, which also had an impact on this morning's earthquake.

source, spanish

ps Xalapa is a city into Veracruz State

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ok guys, i think everything is fine over here, Thanks God nothing to worry until now (people remember yet the big massive earthquake from 1985).
We must follow if any other eartquake is over 6 as i see now is one more hitting again Japan. God.
Just caution, What a morning no?

Light for all

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
just for the records... watch out

a strange coincidence, we have a Nuclear Power Station guess where? VERACRUZ!

Here the info
Laguna Verde, Nuclear Power Station at Veracruz

weird

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zaper

That is weird and scary. Keep us posted if anything else happens there. Thanks for the news!
I hate that we have to post more than one line in a reply. Like what else could I say?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
reply to post by zaper

That is weird and scary. Keep us posted if anything else happens there. Thanks for the news!
I hate that we have to post more than one line in a reply. Like what else could I say?

no problemo

this is some info about the laguna verde nuclear plant in the news from weeks ago.

"We in Mexico have warned for years that the Laguna Verde plant has serious doubts about its safety, there is news that one of the insulating shades cool the nuclear reactor is broken,". The legislature of the Partido Revolucionario Institucional (PRI) held that what happened in Japan should set off the alarms in Mexico to avoid similar situations in an Earthquake, "using the example of Germany canceling all their plants." Laguna Verde plant was built in the late sixties and felt that now is not very functional. "

strange plus coincidence... i was posting yesterday about our moon night and the weird "simling moon" phase, in fact i dont remember to see that before

this year is full of surprises (or nightmares)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zaper

Stay safe in that shaking my loved friend!
Need you around

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by laffoe
reply to post by zaper

Need you around

we need to stay safe for many reasons i think the principal is to help
I love you brother

take care, we wiil be one soon

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaper

Originally posted by laffoe
reply to post by zaper

Need you around

we need to stay safe for many reasons i think the principal is to help
I love you brother

take care, we wiil be one soon

Feeling it coming too
Can do nothing but to love you

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I was also woken up on said date by the shaking and trembling, of this monster of a city
Quite the scare I might add!

estuvo bueno! ya viene!

I can feel the world is changing right beneath my feet!
I just hope to be able to move out as soon as possible, meanwhile I´m stuck in the D.F. until I sort out some stuff first, greets!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
I was also woken up on said date by the shaking and trembling, of this monster of a city
Quite the scare I might add!

estuvo bueno! ya viene!

I can feel the world is changing right beneath my feet!
I just hope to be able to move out as soon as possible, meanwhile I´m stuck in the D.F. until I sort out some stuff first, greets!

hope the best, be prepared for the worst
dont fear, take care brother

Light for you

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zaper

Hola Zaper,

Ahhhhhhhh beautiful Mexico!

We had a 4.5 a few months back and that was scary, very strange. It was around 4:00 AM in the morning and I was sitting at the computer when I simply heard a long smack or pop like rock against rock except very very loud and than my chair jiggled sideways two or three times, the whole house shook and then nothing.

My son came running up very scared from his bedroom downstairs asking what was that! My husband said he also heard it but said, nothing fell over or got destroyed, I'm going back to sleep.

6.5 must have been scary. Makes you know that we are powerless and not always in control as we would like to believe.

Glad you are safe.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by zaper

Hola Zaper,

Ahhhhhhhh beautiful Mexico!

6.5 must have been scary. Makes you know that we are powerless and not always in control as we would like to believe.

Glad you are safe.

i was thinking a kind of that but you know sister... thinking from the heart and not the head i was rediscovering we have the power TENEMOS EL PODER and we can control our fear, we must remember to believe it, we are creators, all of us! TODOS SOMOS CREADORES.

all my love

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Glad to hear all is well for you my friend. Keep us updated should any new earthquakes or developing situation occur.

Peace be with you.

new topics

top topics

join