It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melbourne UFO - 6th of April 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I'll keep it simple and quick.

Time & Location: The UFO occured in Melbourne, Australia on the 6th of April 2011, at roughly 8PM at night.

Sighting Description: The UFO was a bright yellowish-white light travelling through the clear night sky.

Judging by what i saw, it appeared to be anywhere in the range of 10,000ft - Entering the atmosphere.

It kept a steady speed (that of a plane) and fairly straight direction. It did seem to be arcing across the sky, which explains my estimated height. At first i thought it was a plane, but a few things didn't match up...

a) The flight path isn't that of commercial airliners (Qantas etc).
b) There were no flashing coloured lights which are normally on commercial airliners.

As it came kinda directly overhead, it "fizzled" out like a meteor. Either that or the object turned off it's headlights...

And that's it!

I'm not here to prove what i saw, merely to document it and hope someone else who saw something similar stumbles upon this.

Cheers.
edit on 7-4-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Their is alot of ufo activity in melbourne noticebly this last few years, my brother claims to have seen a ufo in melbourne a few months back, then their was the report recently of the two strange objects at roughly 7ish which was posted on here and filmed by a guy on youtube. Definitly something strange is happening.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

hi,i believe you i seen a similar thing febuary last year.I was out my back yard about 10 pm having a cigarete it was a very clear night and the stars were clearly visible.as im looking up i notice a star that just didnt seem right it was very bright appeared alot closer than the pin prick stars u see and had a slight flicker to it.I continue watching and all of a sudden it starts to move in my direction after a few seconds it passes over me i couldnt think straight i was slightly shocked and thinking am i realy seeing this,any way as it passes over(not a sound to be heard) it started flickering even more and then disapeared for a minute second, reapeard and disapeared and as it dissapeared there was a circle of red light for a split second...i told my girlfriend but she laughed and asked me how many beers i had lol,but anyway i believe u and so many others who have seen the same thing b ut have not said anything through fear of ridicule..thanks for sharing..

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

Where were you and what direction was it traveling please?

Colored lights are difficult to see on planes especially if they are at cruise altitude..
Not saying it was a plane....Just saying..

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by aRogue

You may well have seen the ISS , it was visible over Melbourne on the 6th .

ISS Wed Apr 06 / 07:25 PM

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the replys everyone. Australia sure have been getting a heap of sightings recently, no idea why...

@ backinblack - It was heading in a Northeastern direction.

@ gortex - This thing was going over 600+mph. Don't satellites "drift" in our orbit?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
hey, Im guessing you saw a satellite or the ISS. Satellite's "fizzle" out once they go beyond the "reflective zone" of the sun. not sure what the technical term is. but yeah they appear yellow and don t blink.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
there is definately something going on over austrailia a few weeks ago something hit the water not a mile from my uncles fishing boat and almost tipped us over.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I had a similiar sighting on thursday 7 April 2011 in central europe. around 11pm GMT.

It was an object in the west (left of the moon from my point of view) not so high above the horizon.
A very very bright light, somewhere between white towards orange, not blinking)
It was by far the brightest object on the sky. It was so bright at first i thought its an airplane at close with landing lights on. I watched it for about 15min it was not moving, so the plane theory was out.

I stayed at the exact same place and sort of aimed it through two trees to have a reference. after about 15-20 min it started to move slowly towards north.

I ve absolutely no clue what it was and unfortunately no recording device or even a watch with me.
Next day i searched the web to find an explanation, and stumbled over Venus which would be viewable in around that region.
But wouldnt Venus be on a track / moving constantly ?

Definetely ISS can be ruled out, i ve seen it many times, its much smaller (less bright) and much faster.

Any ideas / similar sightings ?? Would be very very interesting to know.

new topics

top topics

join