It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Scientific proof of GOD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Are you within that pencil? Is that pencil within you?

Absolutely. We're all in it, it's in all of us, plus it's all powerful and all knowing.
Because I said so.
Apparently that's all it takes under this methodology.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Are you within that pencil? Is that pencil within you?

Absolutely. We're all in it, it's in all of us, plus it's all powerful and all knowing.
Because I said so.
Apparently that's all it takes under this methodology.

Then indeed that pencil is God to you.

It is just a word my friend, define it how you will

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I believe this is called "Pantheism". It's certainly not proof of any god, but it an alternative spiritual view that more derived from science. YOU still create the god though. You assign humanistic meaning to the natural world.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Ahh. But my subjective opinion does not establish the objective existence of anything.

And this is why the OP fails

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
THEOMATICS is a major discovery that was made during the year 1975, in Portland, Oregon (USA). Almost twenty-five years and literally thousands upon thousands of hours of comprehensive research, have since been invested.

Most all of this research has been done in private. It has received minimal publicity and exposure in the media ~ as compared to the recent "Bible Code" discoveries everybody is talking about.

Presently, there are two types of Bible codes. One is the ELS evidence (Equi-distant Letter Sequences), also known as "Torah Codes."

The other kind of code is "theomatics." The foundational basis for theomatics has been known for thousands of years, ever since the time before Christ. It is commonly referred to by the term gematria. It was in 1975 that this original code in the Bible ~ known for thousands of years but never deciphered ~ began to reveal itself in a major way.

Mathematically and scientifically, theomatics is a much more provable phenomenon. If both the secular and Christian worlds had any true comprehension of this discovery or its implications, it would change forever the entire scope of science and religion for the remainder of this earth's history.

In theomatics, people can learn how God has written His entire Word mathematically, because existing inside the Bible there is a mathematical design. This design is the watermark that reveals God's divine authorship. No other work of literature ever written, apparently, contains anything that closely resembles theomatics. It is totally unique to the 66 books of the Bible.

No existing word could be found to accurately describe this phenomenon in the Bible, so a new word was coined ~ theomatics. It is actually the composite of two words. The Greek word for God is Theo, and when combined with the suffix for the word mathematics, the result is "theomatics." It means "the numbers or mathematics of God."

The implications of all this is staggering! It means that God the Creator, sometime in eternity past, orchestrated and planned every event mentioned in the Bible ~ right down to the most minute detail. Every single person that was to be born, what their names were going to be, and the precise time of their birth... the time and manner that everything was to happen... and what every word in the Bible would ultimately be.

Each and every word had to be spelled precisely so it would come out to its exact and pre-determined numerical value, and then be placed into the text in a precise location. All of this took place without mankind having any direct knowledge that behind earth's stage, Someone was pulling all the strings and manipulating the entire drama.

Even though the magnitude of this discovery is just starting to unveil itself, over the centuries thousands of people ~ Jews and Christians alike ~ have speculated, believed and taught that some sort of hidden and supernatural phenomenon existed underneath the original Hebrew and Greek text of the Bible ~ based upon the numerical values of the original Bible languages. They believed that a cipher, or key, that would unlock a deeper symbolic and spiritual meaning behind the literal words of the text, was placed there by a supernatural act of God, unbeknown to the men who actually penned the text.

Contemporary Bible scholars, and most all modern evangelical scholars, have either lampooned this idea or completely ignored the subject. As a general whole, modern Biblical scholarship does not even recognize the possibility that such a phenomenon as theomatics could even exist. This subject lies completely outside the realm of conventional knowledge.

Now what makes theomatics unique, is the fact that its existence can be scientifically proven in the laboratory, according to the highest standards of the scientific method. What that means is that individual people can perform unbiased and objective tests mathematically ~ by computer ~ that will prove convincingly that theomatics is valid, and that God did indeed place this supernatural phenomenon into the text. In otherwords, the numbers are not random but contain certain quantitative regularities. And there exists no natural cause or alternative explanation for this phenomenon. Only a divine Power and Mind could have placed it there.
www.theomatics.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

You are questioning god? Haha, ask god himself. As a little kid when you were 3 years old did you question your parents? God is infinite and you are questioning him? LOL LOL

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

According to Physics no information in the universe is ever destroyed

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This is an interesting subject .
Some people say that God `blew himself up` because he was lonely.
I believe that God is not only his creation , (the Universe , us , and everything) but is also outside of his creation. That stands to reason if you think about it. If there is a God , he must be out side of time and space to have created it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Ahh. But my subjective opinion does not establish the objective existence of anything.

And this is why the OP fails

He has not failed because he has established an understanding of the divine for himself. He may not have proven it to YOU, but why does that matter.

God is the acknowledgement that there is something greater than our selves. That we are not in control of everything in this existence. That we do not know everything there is to know, that we are not all powerful.

It is an acknowledgement that humbles the ego, that we learn to appreciate this life a bit more than simply using it to please ourselves. It opens our hearts and minds to the vastness of it all.

Why you down people for having come to such an understanding is beyond me.

I understand if he was trying to foist some kind of doctrine on you. If he was trying to use his idea of the divine to hamper your own actions and thought, then yes, I would stand with you and denounce his understanding of God.

The OP is not doing this though. He merely came to the acknowledgement that there IS something all powerful, all Knowing, ever present, and all good and that something is the sum total of all there is.

If you would get past your own ego and stop thinking YOU are all these things, you too may be humble enough to know that you are NOT all knowing, all powerful, ever present, and as gloriously good as the sum total of all that there is.

That is all it is about. The Awe of this existence.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 7-4-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaleshchand

The first quality. "God has no beginning or end." Think people, the first law of thermodynamics. "Energy can be neither created nor destroyed.

Self defeating argument right there mate!

In the same way that religious protagonists exclaim that the universe cannot of have been spontaneously created without a guiding hand or intelligence behind it, the argument must logically be inclusive of the matter/energy that god is made of. i.e; God cannot of spontaneously appeared before time began from nothingness, unless there was a guiding hand behind his creation.

The second quality. God is everywhere. The universe is everywhere, God is everywhere, simple.

Yet when he walked into the garden of Eden, he asked aloud, "Adam, where are you?" Had he of been everywhere and known everything, he would have had no need for such a question. Not so simple after all and a curious oversight on your behalf.

The third quality. God is all powerful. What is more powerful than the universe? nothing, because the universe compromises of everything. So universe is all powerful. and so is God.

That is a statement limited to the human races infantile knowledge of said universe. It runs on nothing but pure presumption. It seems that you fill the gaps of human knowledge with god. Richard Dawkins often refers to this as the 'God of The Gaps".

The fourth quality. God is all knowing. Since the universe is "everything" it will mean that only the universe can know about everything, thus it is all knowing, and so is God.

Where was Adam again in the garden of Eden? Some place that god was miraculously 'unknowing'?

Conclusion, the Universe is God, where universe is defined as "All matter and energy that there is". This definition is here for future proofing.

Umm.. No! Back to the drawing board I'm afraid!
edit on 7/4/11 by InfaRedMan because: ┌П┐(◉_◉)┌П┐ None of Your Business!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

I think you're right - many religions created their God(s) as a way of explaining or understanding the universe.

Got a reply on one of my threads a few days ago from SuperiorEd containing this:

Light is the main starting point in the Bible. Light is both a particle and wave. We know from physics that light and energy are carried by wave. Gravity is tied into all this since every particle has an associate wave.

If you realize that nearly every major religion holds the idea of LOGOS as a central theme of creation, it is easy to connect Word (LOGOS) to Light and draw a parallel. Light and Word (wave), particle and wave are right there in the Bible. John 1 says that in the Beginning was the WORD (LOGOS).

When I looked up what LOGOS meant, I discovered it relates to the principals of the universe, creation and the importance of reasoning thought. Sadly, the principals of many religions have been distorted over time which has led to extremism and twisting of the words in religous texts to get power and control over people. The original messages have been lost in time.
edit on 7/4/2011 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

He has not failed because he has established an understanding of the divine for himself. He may not have proven it to YOU, but why does that matter.

Because reality is not determined by someone's subjective imagination.

God is the acknowledgement that there is something greater than our selves.

It is? Because you repeatedly define god as the universe and all that is in it. So now, it's an "acknowledgement"?

That we are not in control of everything in this existence. That we do not know everything there is to know, that we are not all powerful.
Why you down people for having come to such an understanding is beyond me.

Coming to that realization is not something that I come down on anyone for. I only respond appropriately to ludicrous metaphysical claims.

I understand if he was trying to foist some kind of doctrine on you. If he was trying to use his idea of the divine to hamper your own actions and thought, then yes, I would stand with you and denounce his understanding of God.

His understanding of god is arbitrary and unbacked by anything except a poor argument.

The OP is not doing this though. He merely came to the acknowledgement that there IS something all powerful, all Knowing, ever present, and all good and that something is the sum total of all there is.

He claimed there was a god, named off certain properties and attempted to use the universe as a metaphor for god and his arbitrary qualities. This is not acknowledgement of anything.

If you would get past your own ego and stop thinking YOU are all these things, you too may be humble enough to know that you are NOT all knowing, all powerful, ever present, and as gloriously good as the sum total of that there is.

I never claimed I was any of those things. Please do not put words in my mouth.

I also have awe of existence. None of it requires making up a god and pretending that the universe is that god.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If you would get past your own ego and stop thinking YOU are all these things, you too may be humble enough to know that you are NOT all knowing, all powerful, ever present, and as gloriously good as the sum total of that there is.

I never claimed I was any of those things. Please do not put words in my mouth.

Really? Then what is all knowing, all powerful, all present, and more glorious than yourself?

I also have awe of existence. None of it requires making up a god and pretending that the universe is that god.

Again, it is just a word. You say Universe, others say God. That feeling of Awe you get, others call a connection with God.

Call it what YOU want, and let others call it what they want.

Do you want to be ridiculed for your choice of words? Then do not ridicule others.

This is why there is only ONE divine, natural, whatever, Law. That is to love one another.

We all have free will and we will all define our reality however we come to understand it. Arguing over what words we use is tantamount to arguing over what sounds (in this case text) we use to express ourselves. It is our damn bodies and our right to use what ever sounds we so damn choose to express our Awe at being.

It is silly, no it is even STUPID to argue over these things.

All sides of the argument God, Universe, Allah, YhWh, Nsambi Mpungo, whatever, are nothing more than a personal expression of ones experience and Awe.

Can't we just agree that we have an amazing existence and welcome each others concept of it without judgement?

What is so hard about that?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
I don't get it. Where is the proof that the universe is all knowing given that to know something the universe must be a living intelligent entity with the capacity to experience and reflect upon those experience in which to gain knowledge of all things.

Looks more like wordplay than proof.
edit on 7-4-2011 by sirnex because: (no reason given)

The universe has to be to some extent all knowing or we wouldn't have such destruction and creation on such a massive scale!! Just because its figuratively speaking its wordplay to you!!! I call it proof because I have felt that we are gods in our own ways. I mean look at what we have done as humans on a creation level. We created our dogs of today through mix breeding! Look around realize that we are going to get recycled in the end just like every thing else in the universe!!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Quantum entanglement could qualify as all knowing

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think the book Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy has it right. Just the plain simple existence of god, automatically negates his own existence. Plus it also brings up the saying I heard from an old lady, If god is all powerful then he can create a rock her can't lift, but if doing so he isn't all powerful and again negates himself.

I think we just need to believe and have the idea of god, I don't think there really is one just the thought. I would go into more detail about it but I will leave it at this.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
With the advancement of physics and super string theory, for those who have researched it, you wouldn't get much disagreement from atheists or scientists with your first 3 claims. There is energy everywhere (if you want to call the energy 'god' that is your prerogative. That this energy is a powerful force in the universe, that connects all things. That it may be cyclical, and has never had a beginning or an end (i dont know, but its possible). Where you will get huge contradictions, and no evidence is your 4th point. The all knowing, suggesting that this form of energy has a conscious , and that it communicates with people, prayer and what not. where there is no reason or evidence to believe this is true. Science requires evidence, to supports theories and hypothesis. There is no evidence for a conscious personified source of energy that we call God. Certainly this energy exists, but to suggest that is has personified traits, and interacts, where is the evidence?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I don't get it. Where is the proof that the universe is all knowing given that to know something the universe must be a living intelligent entity with the capacity to experience and reflect upon those experience in which to gain knowledge of all things.

Don't you think a greater conscience than your own can exist in this Universe ?

it can

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The universe is a living, intelligent entity with the capacity to experience and reflect.

We are the vessels through which the universe experiences itself, along with any other being. As a matter of fact, sentience is not limited to organic matter, we just haven't figured out how connected spirit is to body.

That said, you must understand that the universe is sentient because its contents are sentient. The cells of our bodies make up who we are. To reflect, the cells of our bodies make up who we are, and without them, our own intelligence would be non-existent.

So its really ALOT more than wordplay my friend.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Don't you think a greater conscience than your own can exist in this Universe ?

it can

Yea, I think there could be some species out there that are more evolved than us within the universe. I don't think the universe itself is a living entity with the capacity of creative thought and ability to purposefully create itself and life within it. I also see no evidence that such an idea would even be true.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join