It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Scientific proof of GOD

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
there ought to be god,i think he may not be the form of human,the form of god is our imagination,it is why different race ppl believe the different appearance god.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
If God didn't exist we wouldn't be here discussing anything and that is as plain as the nose on yer face!

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by Cuppy

I understand your position and it makes sense that God would hate Esau based on his actions during his lifetime. However, Romans 9:11 clearly points out that "Even before they had been born or done anything goood or bad..." Both Jacob and Esau had done nothing wrong prior to being born, yet God had already chosen who to love and who to hate.

I can't think of any other way to spin it.

I guess that means he's omnipotent. Still doesn't seem like favoritism, more like knowing what's going to happen.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

No, if there were no god we'd still be doing exactly what we're doing now. Why? Because the idea exists.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuppy
I guess that means he's omnipotent. Still doesn't seem like favoritism, more like knowing what's going to happen.

If he was omnipotent he would have known Lucifer would rebel, Adam and Eve would fall to original sin (if you believe the concept), he would have known that Noah would have failed and got drunk before he brought death and destruction on the Earth.

Not a good track record of omnipotence and I haven't left the book of Genesis yet.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

Omnipotent, yet iron chariots were enough to defeat him.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

No, if there were no god we'd still be doing exactly what we're doing now. Why? Because the idea exists.

No you wouldn't because if there where no big G then you wouldn't be here to even contemplate that the idea exists. The intelligence that holds your body, brain and intellect together to give you this wayward thought would simply not be.

Omnipotent, yet iron chariots were enough to defeat him.

Yes, someone pretending to be him! The intelligent design of the chariots atomic structure is held together by God's will, everything is, how could an iron chariot composed of this intelligence beat the intelligence of the designer. It would break apart would it not? You cannot divide and conquer God as his intelligence permeates all existence, yes Madness even you........lol

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You make these claims, yet you have absolutely no evidence to back up the claim that (essentially) the strong and weak forces as well as gravity are all dependent on your deity.

Evidence, please.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You make these claims, yet you have absolutely no evidence to back up the claim that (essentially) the strong and weak forces as well as gravity are all dependent on your deity.

Your so predictable Mad, prove God did this!, prove God did that! Well, no...........you prove he didn't. Give me it Einstein! Let's have your theory (speculation) of metaphysics.
The strong and weak forces as well as gravity are nothing! The greatest force in existence is love, pure love, indivisible, unconquered, eternal, uncleavable, timeless, in fact it is the meaning behind all existence! Love=God. It is your essential being but you are too blind too see it, to deaf to hear it, too dim to understand it, to proud to defer to it. I can think of nothing more wasteful than being blessed with a fine intellect and intelligence like yourself and for whatever reason it lets you down at the final hurdle! It saddens me that you honestly appear to be a good and fine human being but for all your wisdom you don't realize you are creation! You are the answer! You are the question! You are all thing's and yet you are nothing!

RUMI:
By day I praised you
and never knew it.
By night I stayed with you
and never knew it.
I always thought that
I was me--but no,
I was you
and never knew it.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

So if God = Love does that mean God is really just in all of our heads? Since love is an emotional experience of an individuals state of mind based upon their biochemistry and environmental stimuli; then it's safe to say by your admission that God is just a figment of our mind. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Sure...let's just change the definition of god to make it "fit", right?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kaleshchand

and what does that say about free will?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

So if God = Love does that mean God is really just in all of our heads? Since love is an emotional experience of an individuals state of mind based upon their biochemistry and environmental stimuli; then it's safe to say by your admission that God is just a figment of our mind. Nothing more, nothing less.

The love you are describing is most probably not real love...........

How Can There Be Real Love? The image you have about a person, the image you have about your politicians, the prime minister, your god, your wife, your children - that image is what we are looking at. And that image has been created through your relationship, or through your fears, or through your hopes. The sexual and other pleasures you have had with your wife or your husband - the anger, the flattery, the comfort and all the things that your family life brings - have created an image about them. With that image you look. Similarly, your wife or husband has an image about you. So the relationship between you and your wife or husband, between you and the politician, is really the relationship between these two images. Right? That is a fact. How can two images, which are the result of thought, of pleasure and so on, have any affection or love? So the relationship between two individuals, very close together or very far, is a relationship of images, symbols, memories. And in that, how can there be real love? J. Krishnamurti, The Book of Life

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I was wondering when you would turn up!

Pure love is probably the closest way to describe something that is pretty much incomprehensible. Just because you don't understand it or believe in it does not mean that it doesn't exist. After all at the end of the day we are not half as smart as some people would like to believe! Are we?

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
reply to post by MrXYZ

I was wondering when you would turn up!

Pure love is probably the closest way to describe something that is pretty much incomprehensible. Just because you don't understand it or believe in it does not mean that it doesn't exist. After all at the end of the day we are not half as smart as some people would like to believe! Are we?

If you define as god as love, then all the creation stories fall flat on their faces. Love didn't create the world or universe

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If you define as god as love, then all the creation stories fall flat on their faces. Love didn't create the world or universe

Say's who?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ok, you want the SIMPLE version of the REAL PROOF OF GOD???????

here it is...

The fact that it takes intelligence to create something such as the universe is FACT ALONE that there is a higher source/creation/god. IT DOES NOT mean that this ONE source is the key to all, but multiple similiar sources acting with each other, or combingin infintitely into one.

let me put it even more simple. the fact that we are alive and flesh and blood creatures MEANS there is some sort of INTELLIGENCE involved....WHATEVER you want to call it.

/thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

This should be good.

here it is...

I'm ready...

The fact that it takes intelligence to create something such as the universe is FACT ALONE that there is a higher source/creation/god.

So proof of your premise is another premise for which you have no proof? Your statement is the very definition of a God of the gaps argument - "we don't know yet, Goddidit!"

IT DOES NOT mean that this ONE source is the key to all, but multiple similiar sources acting with each other, or combingin infintitely into one.

Oh, so now you're not proving God, you're proving a whole pantheon of gods acting in concert? As M. Night Shyamalan would say... "What a twist!" Again, your proof for your premise is just another premise for which you have no proof.

let me put it even more simple.

Great! You seem to have a knack for it.

the fact that we are alive and flesh and blood creatures MEANS there is some sort of INTELLIGENCE involved

Third time in a row. Let me make it simple for you, if I may be permitted to return the favor, a premise for which you have no proof isn't proof of another premise, it's just another premise for which you need to provide proof. So instead of having one premise you need to prove, you now have two.

....WHATEVER you want to call it.

I call it Jeffrey. And it likes it when I say its name over and over again. I just stomp around all day saying "JeffreyJeffreyJeffreyJeffrey..." and, in return, it doesn't destroy the Universe. Unless you can prove me wrong, you should be on your knees thanking me for saving your existence.

/thread.

You wish.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

Originally posted by HispanicPanic

here it is...

For all of those waiting anxiously, it's not going to be all that good.

The fact that it takes intelligence to create something such as the universe

Unfounded assertion alert! You know, Panic, I sort of made a thread proving the opposite. A universe would not be a demonstration of intelligence by an omnipotent being as there would be not testing involved.

is FACT ALONE that there is a higher source/creation/god. IT DOES NOT mean that this ONE source is the key to all, but multiple similiar sources acting with each other, or combingin infintitely into one.

...nope, not even close.

let me put it even more simple. the fact that we are alive and flesh and blood creatures MEANS there is some sort of INTELLIGENCE involved....WHATEVER you want to call it.

I'm sorry, but that's a non-sequitur. How does flesh and blood necessarily translate to intelligent agent?

/thread.

Not at all. We haven't even scratched the surface.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
WELL NOW! THERE YOU GO! NOW that we know it goes BOTH ways...said argument is over.

/thread. next....

OR you can just keep arguing the same pointless crap you all have been since this site started lol...which is getting you people nowhere. but in relation to MY argument, i just stated common sense. you people think its soooo complex...when its actually very very simple. THE SOURCE, exists. thats it...why keep questioning it when its just there. nothing you can do about it..its here all around us. yet people want to keep arguing? ya..typical humans.. your not going to find out until you die...read sig please. k have a nice day.
edit on 10-6-2011 by HispanicPanic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join