It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO?Star?Planet? What is that thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I was out looking at the stars this evening when I noticed something peculiar. There was what looks like a planet due to it's size being larger than most of the background stars and this "object" was slowly moving, almost about as slow as a slug.

This "object" suddenly just stops moving for a while and than slowly looks as though the light is dimming until it completely goes black and all I can see is space where the "object" was?!? So I am looking at the same exact spot the light dissapeared and about 3-4 minutes in, the light comes back on, like allowing electricity to slowly enter a lightbulb, not like an instant flashlight or airplane type light you would think...

Also this "object" moved in a total of 3 straight lines in different directions or pretty straight from what I viewed.

Location: Anacortes, WA - - - April 6, 2011 - 9:52P.M. Pacific Time
Occurence: Around 9 P.M. Pacific Time

Hoping anyone else might have seen same thing in area and might have pics or vid as currently don't have any telescope imaging technology.......but hopefully soon.

I believe this was a UFO.

Can anyone please explain the possiblities of if a star/planet/asteroid is possible of having light source off and than come back on a few minutes later? The only thing I can think of otherwise is military satellite or secret aircraft?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
you are correct....it is a UFO as you cannot identify it
It doesnt mean its extraterrestrial though

Could be a satellite, could be a plane in the distance changing direction, could be a whole host of other things.

Ive seen similar things myself over the years. Never had an explanation for them so i too have seen multiple UFO's

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Which direction were you facing? Was going to look up your location in Stellarium,...and see if that helps eliminate any planets.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Definitely santa claus.

The blinking light was rudolph.

In all seriousness, possibly a satellite catching the glare of the sun? That would also explain it being bigger than the starsaround it. Check and see if the ISS was visible from your location at the time.
edit on 7-4-2011 by itsatrap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I was facing West. You have to realize how slow this thing was moving and than to be able to stop in the same spot for around 5 minutes or so followed by its light going off seems quite strange for an aircraft....That "object" was darn near in the exact same spot when it slowly reappeared...

There is a video from NASA source with someone explaining how it is legit talking about "fleet of UFO's" that are capable of "Shape-Shifting" that got posted recently(pretty sure) outside Earth's atmosphere. What is your take on that? Here's the v i d e o

NASA - UFO Fleet... __+___Posted 24 hours ago*

Figure this may possilby be relevant if what I have encountered may be part of this or something different.

Can we get some expertise?!? Also if someone might be able to confirm that this came from NASA or created by NASA? Thanks

edit on 7-4-2011 by spydrbyte25 because: no reason given

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Me and my family have seen things like that many times. This is just me but I think the light fading in and out is it reflecting the suns light as it tumbles through space, like if you put a mirror in front of you and turn it around the mirror reflects light the back don't. Most satellites are put into orbit and they stay in that orbit for a long time but others maneuver around to do tasks of some sort. I'm not saying this is what you seen because really who knows but I think it kind of cool seeing things like this. Keep looking up and you'll see all kind of stuff lol
edit on 7-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: it's to late for me to type lol

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Had a similar experience down here in Australia about 3 months ago. Was driving home, watching the sky as I usually do and noticed a star next to the moon. Anyway it began to move slowly East and before I knew it, it had gone behind the moon and didn't reappear. I asked the people with me in the car if they had seen what happened but they didn't. I'm pretty sure my eyes weren't playing tricks and still can't explain what it was.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
picture peoples i want picture

top topics

join