It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This website is Stealing from ATS !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I made a thread here today on the Kapgen generator, As I was researching this on Google imagine my surprise when I found my thread stolen from ATS.

This is my thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the copy that was stolen.

theendtimesarehere.com...

This page claims that "This post was written by:

JohnPhoenix - who has written 3 posts on The End Times Are Here." - This is untrue. I have never posted anything to them. On clicking the link I find a smattering of posts that look like they could come from ATS too.

Who are these theendtimes people and why are they stealing my content? Can I sue? I could use the money...I know that ATS is very serious about copy-write infringement.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
They are sourcing each article to ATS.. but for them to say you wrote the posts on their site is misleading and shady.. I would alert SkepticOverlord for a review.. or maybe just a random mod.

edit on 4-6-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
aren't they just linking to it?
i can't see the whole thing on there.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like an RSS feed type thing no? It even sources where it took it from.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Yes, they do seem to be linking to the thread.. But.. as content creator of that thread I did not give them permission to do that. They should not reference my thread at all without my permission.

It all just rubs me the wrong way the way it's set up. If someone in another post referenced my thread that would be different. as this site sets up a whole page just for this blurb and also lies about my posting there, it's all very dirty and misleading.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I would send Skeptic Overlord a u2u explaining the situation, providing links, etc before you start talking about sueing people.....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I've alerted ADMIN to this post.

They will deal with it

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
Correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like an RSS feed type thing no? It even sources where it took it from.

Not to me.. you may sign up for their RSS feed though - there is a button in the corner, but this page in itself is not an RSS reader.

They are stealing headlines to further their website it seems to me.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Yeah, it seems that they just have the RSS feed from here added on their webpage.
RSS Feed

I have no idea how the owner and admin handle it, and wether they allow or not people adding it to other pages. My guess would be allow, as it might bring more traffic, that is what RSS feeds are designed to do.

Oh a mod popped in, that was quick

Hopefully you get an answer soon then

edit on Wed, 06 Apr 2011 22:10:37 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Thanks tothetenthpower.

I wanted to post about it and ask folks opinions because I don't know.. they might be part of The Above Network or something...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Yes, they do seem to be linking to the thread.. But.. as content creator of that thread I did not give them permission to do that. They should not reference my thread at all without my permission.

It all just rubs me the wrong way the way it's set up. If someone in another post referenced my thread that would be different. as this site sets up a whole page just for this blurb and also lies about my posting there, it's all very dirty and misleading.

With the right combination of keywords, google search results would give a "blurb" along with link to your thread page on ats.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Internet stories hop around and get duplicated from site to site almost verbatim.
Nothing new.
The post itself was written by the John dude, not the story.
They are listing ATS as the source,at least they are being honest.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Smurfwicked

True but thats expected of a major search engine - in fact that thread of mine shows up on a google search for Kapgen on the 2nd page LOL. Good for ATS - but i don't expect that of a cheesy website like theendtimesarehere.com...

Another thing i don't like is if you click Contact The Author, it lets you email me via [email protected]. I do not know where this mail goes or if it will get back to my email address.
edit on 6-4-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I think there is a member by the name "Theendtimesarehere". I noticed a poster by this name or a very similar name recently. Maybe someone could check the member's list.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
3 story's on that website.

Author Archives | JohnPhoenix

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
3 story's on that website.

Author Archives | JohnPhoenix

I didn't see that link. Interesting those 3 are all posted here on ATS. that website must have started this practice recently because I was away from ATS for a few months. Those are all current threads of mine.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If you go to the About us you see:

About Us

We’re Kaye and Buddy Martin, and we’ve built this site to help you get all the information you need on surviving the End Times. There is no doubt now that our heavenly Father’s prophecy as written down in Holy Scripture are coming true — the signs are all here, and now we must prepare.

Don’t forget to buy The Apocalypse Handbook, our 107-page ebook we wrote to help prepare you for all this!

They make it sound like they built the site and added the content by themselves - again misleading. Then they try to sell you a religious book!!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Shhi, that's some damn good look'in out stud ! Kudos.
I wonder what the outcome of this will be? Guess I'll have to check back here.

SnF Well I mean FLAG.
edit on 6-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I just checked it out and yep.. every single post on there, every "headline" is from ATS.

So, this website is building itself off of ATS. that's disturbing.

No wait.. there are others from other sources.. but all the ones on the Home page is from ATS.
edit on 6-4-2011 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

When you post a thread on ATS, it becomes the property of ATS, not the member who posted it. As long as they reference ATS as the source, then they have done what they needed to do as far as I know. I don't know about the other stuff, sounds kinda shady if you haven't written anything for them or they are posting an email address for you, but they don't need to get your permission as long as they have their i's dotted and t's crossed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join