It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This needed to happen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Where do you draw the line?

A man police say grabbed paper towels from a maintenance cart at a rail station in Atlanta and used them to blow his nose wound up in jail.
A police report says a man identified as Alfred Murphy grabbed the towels at a MARTA station Monday afternoon, and a transit system police officer told him he couldn’t do that.
The report says Murphy said he was entitled to them because he’d paid his fare.

Link

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, he stole from a maintenance cart. Why not just go into the bathroom and and grab some paper towels?

How immature could you be to try to act like a badass stealing from, what I could assume, a janitors cart and then make a big deal about it.

Btw, looks like your in the wrong forums

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The line was drawn, erased, drawn again, and then permanently removed from society.

But hypothetically if that line did still exist, this would be a red alert, poor guy...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is just plain silly. Prison Planet is really grabbing for straws here to prove what? That life here is getting absurd? We all know that. Somebody in this interchange, might have been a little more flexible in the exchange before it ended up in jail time. Like the nose blower for instance.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KainRich

no, I think it's the right forum... all civilization is lost when people start blowing their noses with paper towels... bunch of damn barbarian creatons... at least be civilized enough to steal some kleenex....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjones7885

As stupid as this is, it is just another example of two hard headed people who wouldn't comply with one another or back down.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by KainRich

Well, he stole from a maintenance cart. Why not just go into the bathroom and and grab some paper towels? How immature could you be to try to act like a badass stealing from, what I could assume, a janitors cart and then make a big deal about it.

I hope you get a runny nose tomorrow

edit on 6-4-2011 by gatewaywithin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Where were the paper towels going to end up? All together now: Either the bathroom or the trash. What's the difference if he used paper resources from the bathroom or from a cart? It's the same hit on the budget of the station. I'm sure the arrest was more for attitude than use but c'mon, jail? 2nd graders getting pepper sprayed, guys going to jail for using paper from the wrong place? Insanity, pure and simple.

Then again here's a quote from the main article at My Fox Atlanta:

It says the officer asked Murphy to leave and instead he picked up a police phone and complained about being assaulted. The report says officers were summoned, and that Murphy “then became violent and began to struggle while holding on to the telephone receiver.” The report says he hit one officer in the face, cutting him on his forehead and under his right eye. According to the report, Murphy also punched another officer in the nose.

It seems that if the guy in question wasn't being such an a** it would have ended at him being told not to do that. The article on Info Wars conveniently stopped prior to printing that part. I would also have to fault Alex Jones on this one for his usual fear mongering.

edit on 6-4-2011 by coyotepoet because: Quote

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

We have been mistreated again. Who didn't see that coming. To me, it's like if they did that to him, it's the same as doing it to me. That really pisses me off & it's very disappointing.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KainRich
Well, he stole from a maintenance cart. Why not just go into the bathroom and and grab some paper towels?

How immature could you be to try to act like a badass stealing from, what I could assume, a janitors cart and then make a big deal about it.

That is a very good point. Didn't consider that.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Maybe the bathroom had an air hand dryer. And anyway, who cares its a paper towel. Yea it was impolite but again, who cares, not worth jail.

top topics

join