It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official - Unofficial ATS OBE Party Thread! (Let's learn astral projection!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Astral Projection Study Team – 2011

I think we should start a OBE / Astral Projection / Lucid Dreaming study team. This “group” is open to every member of ATS who wishes to come together and study the art and science of the OBE. While I do understand that Lucid Dreaming may or may not be an OBE I think we should include it because it will be expected that those of us trying to OBE will get lucid dreams and vice versa.

Study Book -
Astral Dynamics
By Robert Bruce
ISBN: 1-57174-143-7
Hampton Roads Publishing Company

Any one who has the book is welcome to work through the chapters with myself and like minded individuals. We can discuss each chapter of the book and experiment with the techniques. But wait! Don't have or cannot afford the book? That is fine too! You can still work a long with us and experiment. Feel free to contribute ideas not in the book. It's just a study guide we can use if applicable and if unavailable do not hesitate to still work through the exercises with us.

Journaling -
Please document EVERYTHING. I recommend pen and paper next to your working area and a digital copy to be made ?daily if possible. The written journal should be pre-filled each day you plan to practice with time, date, event, and after the event the practitioner should take the time to document all applicable information including any incidentals.

Example Journal Entry

1/1/1/11 – 1740 – Unknown weather/at work
Text – Was at work and had time to doze off. I employed the ladder technique and after taking 5 deep breaths began to visualize myself climbing the rungs of a ladder out of my body. After a short while I began to feel vibrations in my body. Eventually my heart began to race and I was able to shake my spirit loose from my body. I was able to see my body and the room about me. I feel that I achieved my goal of leaving my body temporarily. I was shocked violently back into my body by my boss screaming into my face.

Successful? Yes.
Lesson Learned? Don't OBE at work when the boss is around.
Thoughts? Can't wait to try again. I feel motivated.

The above is just an example but I think it would be best to try to be as detailed as possible with the minimal information needed for an individual to review and discover the path of progress of practice. Feel free to add to the example but what is above is most likely the bare minimum needed to get an idea of what is going on. I included weather because I know on personal experience that I project easier when the weather is windy.

When do we start?
Now if you can but I will not be officially starting until Monday April 11/2011. This gives every one time to acquire their book if necessary as well as to get a hold of some paper and a few pencils or pens.

What all do I need? Bare minimum.
Pens and paper. Maybe pencils or crayons if you are so inclined. Any thing that can be used to immediately document events as close to after an OBE or lucid dream as possible.

Additional BS.

Please remember to be polite, calm, and objective. Some people will be thoughtfully and dutifully experimenting with the exercises and discussing the book. Others will be faking it, and some will actively be trolls and try to sabotage the whole thing. Please don't post in this thread unless you have something to contribute. If you just want to chime in and say you are going to be practicing that is fine; but any one actively trying to convince others that their progress is worthless will be pummeled with a towel filled with match sticks. Astrally.

In conclusion I encourage every one interested in experimenting with OBE to participate and share. Let's work together and try to get every one up into astral space one way or another. Maybe we can start the first OBE ATS Meet up. Hah!

Good luck all! I hope we can all get up there asap!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I am very interested! I have always wanted to know more about this, so I guess now is the time. I will be playing catch up as I am in a particularly busy time right now. But, I'm in!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by iamilluminati

I am fascinated by your proposed experiment.
Tho one thing you have left out, which isn't required, but would be beneficial if you want new people to jump in.
And that thing being, some information on proposed techniques to achieve said objective.

Apart from that, I am will to report my experiences as I have been trying to AP for the past couple days.

edit on 6/4/2011 by Sovaka because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Sounds like an interesting thing to do. I will follow along, but don't have the book. However I have been out a few times. Another category might be when "others" take you out for learning or a message which has happened with me.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

As soon as this kicks off on the "official date" of this Monday i will post techniques. This is just the initial "get ready yall" post. We will get every one excited and drummed up and then start sharing techniques and experiences. I expect every one to contribute as best they can and I will for-sure post some starter exercises and such.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
im interested in this experiment too, i recieved the book at christmas but havent read it yet so this sounds like the best time too start.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

Great news! Glad you will be joining us. I am starting to read the book all over from the start tonight. Read it twice before but never hurts to start over for the experiment. Welcome to the "club"! =)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I'm in. I've been attempting obe/astral projection for some time now and have started to become quite obsessed. Would be glad to share different techniques I've come accross (although as of yet none of them have been successfull for me). I have had an OBE once, but it was not intentional. I got out of bed and walked upstairs, only to realise I had left my body back in bed. At which point I fall through the floor and back into my body, feeling very disoriented.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Chapter 1 - Dimensional Theory

I enjoyed this first chapter. I was interested in the thoughts of the author on exactly what astral projection is and while he didn't go into great depth I was surprised by his decision to mention the energy of inanimate objects. I previously posted about how to create a "guardian" and how using a physical object could assist the magus. It would seem that inanimate objects in his theory CAN be enchanted to contain large or unnaturally copious amounts of energy.

I would venture to guess that it may be possible to conduct ritual in astral space eventually with enough training. Could you imagine "summoning" your spirit of choice and interacting on the astral plane? I think it would be interesting to communicate with pets, people, and spirits on the astral plane eventually.

Other thoughts -

Music. Would it be possible to employ the use of music in order to facilitate projection? Perhaps relaxing in a comfortable chair with head phones in would allow an individual the luxury of using music to conduct a better projection? Use the sound of rain or nature to relax the mind and body and perhaps make oneself more prone to OBE. This is theory but I believe that music is a powerful tool that is proven to have an effect on the human body. Ever heard a song that makes your heart race or cause you to remember an important event? Perhaps tuning your mind to employ music would be advantageous. It's a theory I may experiment with.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by renegadeloser

Good contribution. This is the kind of information we need from folks actively trying to learn.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by iamilluminati

Sounds interesting!
But finally i don´t own this book...

I have just started a thread with ...err... similar content:
My initiation to the astral planes or the masonic ritual to the first grade?

Have a read...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I'm in. If that is okay with everyone.

I have been actively astral projecting for about 30 years now and have been teaching it for about 20. It will be nice to follow a different path to reach the same goal as I have a frame of reference.

I know the experiment does not begin until Monday and I think it is great for people to have a "Heads up" to prepare and set times etc.

I would like to give you a meditation I teach to prepare the mind for astral travel if you don't mind.

I am writing the following to all. Beginners and advanced alike. It is a meditation I use everyday and have since 1986. Its purpose is to relax the body and develop the minds eye. It grounds and opens at the same time. I suggest that you read it aloud while recording it so that it may be used as a guided meditation(use your calming voice). There is little that is more comforting than your own voice to your subconscious mind, not to mention, almost all mental programing happens due to what you actually say rather than think. Begin recording at the quotes and end recording at the quotes but do not record what is in parentheses, this is simply guides in how to speak. This should only take about 20 min.

Preparation is easy. Simply dim the lights or light a fragrance free candle(we are not working darkness or aroma therapy for the moment),sit or lie down in a comfortable position, and breath. Breath is very important, it should be slow and deep, in through the nose and out through the mouth, in through the nose and out through the mouth. Clear your mind of anticipation and focus on your voice. If you fall asleep its ok simply try again tomorrow.

And we begin:

"You are calm, relaxed, and safe(pause) You are calm, relaxed, and safe(pause) You are calm, relaxed, and safe(pause).
Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth(pause), Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth(pause), Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth(pause).

Concentrate on your feet and calves(pause), nothing but your feet and calves(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your feet and calves(pause, pause).

Concentrate on your thighs and buttocks(pause), nothing but your thighs and buttocks(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your thighs and buttocks(pause, pause).

Concentrate on your stomach and lower back(pause), nothing but your stomach and lower back(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your stomach and lower back(pause, pause).

Concentrate on your chest and upper back(pause), nothing but your chest and upper back(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your chest and upper back(pause, pause).

Concentrate on you neck, head, and face(pause), nothing but your neck, head, and face(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your neck, head, and face(pause, pause).

Concentrate on your whole body as a whole(pause), nothing but your whole body as a whole(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your whole body as a whole(pause, pause).

(pause 30 sec. for breathing)

See yourself walking to your refrigerator(pause), you open the door and it is empty except for a single orange on the top shelf(pause), see the light and the orange, feel the cold coming from the refrigerator(pause), you pick up the orange(pause), feel its cold, feel its weight, feel its texture(pause), see its colors, see its surface, see all its detail(pause), you begin to peal the orange(pause), you smell it, you hear it tare, you feel it, you see it,(pause), you begin to eat it(pause) you taste it, you feel the beads pop in your mouth, you smell it, you hear it(pause, pause) you enjoy the senses as you experience this orange(pause, pause).

You realize you forgot to close the refrigerator(pause) when you look back to it you see the back is missing and through and beyond is a sunlit forest(pause) you step through(pause) you feel the sun on your body, you smell the air, you see the trees and random bird and animal, you hear the wind as it rustles the leaves and you begin to walk(pause, pause)

As you walk you realize you are no longer you(pause) you are a deer(pause) you see as it sees, you smell as it smells, you feel as it feels, you hear as it hears(pause) you feel your new power, your new strength and begin to run(pause) faster and faster(pause) feel your heart rate, feel your breathing, see the woods speeding past as you run(pause) your fear is gone with this new experience(pause, pause)

You come to a cliff and jump, yet you do not fall for you are now a bird(pause)see as it sees, feel the wind on your face and wings(pause) notice what kind of bird you are(pause) you fly out over the ocean(pause) see, hear, smell, feel, taste(pause) turn and swoop, experience flight(pause, pause, pause)

You dive toward the surface of the ocean(pause) when you break the surface your fear is gone(pause) you are now a fish(pause), notice what you are(pause) see, hear, smell, taste, feel(pause) experience your new self and be(pause, pause, pause)

You begin to swim faster and faster then shoot up through the surface(pause) you do not come down for you are now a sphere of conscious energy(pause) see, feel, taste, touch, smell, be(pause) you rise higher and higher, faster and faster(pause)higher and higher, faster and faster(pause) you leave Earth, faster and faster(pause) you begin to travel toward the sun(pause) faster and faster(pause, pause, pause)

When you reach the sun you enter and become fire(pause) see, feel, hear, taste, smell, dance, experience, be, love(pause, pause, pause)

When you emerge from the surface you see yourself meditating by a campfire and it is night(pause) enter into yourself and open your eyes(pause) see, hear, smell, taste, feel the campfire and the area around you(pause) stand and raise your arms to the sky(pause) you begin to rise(pause) you fly to your home town(pause) use all your senses(pause) you see your house and enter through the roof(pause) you see yourself meditating and enter into yourself(pause, pause, pause)

Concentrate on your whole body as a whole(pause), nothing but your whole body as a whole(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your whole body as a whole(pause, pause).

Concentrate on you neck, head, and face(pause), nothing but your neck, head, and face(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your neck, head, and face(pause, pause).

Concentrate on your chest and upper back(pause), nothing but your chest and upper back(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your chest and upper back(pause, pause).

Concentrate on your stomach and lower back(pause), nothing but your stomach and lower back(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your stomach and lower back(pause, pause).

Concentrate on your thighs and buttocks(pause), nothing but your thighs and buttocks(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your thighs and buttocks(pause, pause).

Concentrate on your feet and calves(pause), nothing but your feet and calves(pause), breath in relaxation and breath out all tension in your feet and calves(pause, pause).

Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth(pause), Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth(pause), Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth(pause).

You are calm, relaxed, and safe(pause) You are calm, relaxed, and safe(pause) You are calm, relaxed, and safe(pause)."

When you are ready open your eyes and orientate yourself then write down your experience to the smallest detail you can remember. then repeat tomorrow and every day. When you are comfortable with changing it go through the process and change as you like. But remember to experience on all your senses levels

Edit to say; P.S. Is your refrigerator open?

P.S.S. you can alter words to fit your personal vocabulary or language ie; ice box instead of refrigerator.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Interesting idea, is the goal of the group to have everyone meet-up, so to speak, in some other worldly location? I've heard of people attempting this sort of thing and the results (assuming they weren't forged) were encouraging. A great way to test the reality of astral projection and/or out-of-body experiences is to have the team attempt to identify some shared object. If upon return both people can describe the same thing and they can do this reliably that's pretty good evidence there's really something to it.

I'd be interested to participate because for the last couple of months I've been having extremely lucid dreams. To the extent where it literally seems like I'm walking around my apartment, and I can feel the surface of objects like my dresser, feel the warmth from the sun, and even the cool breeze coming in from the window. However when I look at my hands my thumb is usually hyper-extended and the knuckle is inverted inwards. The first time I saw this I thought in a panic I had somehow wrenched my finger while sleeping. After a brief freak out, the environment started to rearrange itself, making it readily obvious I was in some form of lucid dream.

Often all of this starts with a violent vibration sensation, followed by what sounds like someone stepping on styrofoam, and then usually I feel myself rotating either in to the bed, upwards, or just slipping and sliding all over the place with no sense of orientation. I only recently managed to gain any sort of control over all of this. Now I can semi-reliably pivot myself from a flat position on my back and slide outwards to the right and rotate myself from a prone position to standing on the floor. The sensation is bizarre because I can feel my feet as they come in contact with the carpeting and sometimes I even get stuck in the floor (it's not pleasant).

More recently when I exit, I tend to have a hard time seeing. It's often pitch black and only after I focus on some dimly lighted part of the environment does everything come in to focus. When it does it's not uncommon for me to find myself back in NY in my childhood home on Long Island.

Back on March 10th of 2011 I had one of these experiences. Luckily I regained my vision fairly quickly and had the clarity of mind to try to explore the yard to see what had changed. So I sauntered over to the front-door, unbolted the lock to go outside, and when I opened the door was surprised to see the leaves were a vibrant slightly glowing auburn. The environment was hyper-realistic. It was staggering. As I was looking up at the trees slack-jawed with awe I noticed a little old lady out in the yard and asked dumbfounded, "How is any of this possible? How can I be generating such a realistic environment in my mind?" In utter disbelief I continued, "Designing this level of detail for a game would takes years of development." As a game programmer I just couldn't fathom how my mind was capable of rendering all of this in real-time. The old lady had a warm grandmotherly smile on her face and said, "It's the tanist that's generating the information, not the brain." I had no idea what a tanist was and she seemed to sense that I was confused by her response so she continued. "Think of the brain, the amount of information is about 25 tons its equivalent." This shocked me. I would have never thought of information in terms of the brains storage capacity in tonnage. Yet here this little old lady was drawing the comparison.

Not wanting to forget all the details I got somewhat emotional, thanked her, and asked if I could give her a hug before leaving for being so friendly and helpful. She sort of chuckled and said, "You're going to laugh at yourself." I didn't really understand why, then I intentionally woke myself up so I could write all of the details down while it was still fresh in my memory.

After recording everything I could remember, I did a quick search and found the brain usually weighs about 2.5 lbs and thus 25tons / 2.5lbs = 20,000. According to our best guesstimates the brain can store about 2 petabytes worth of information. So that's about 20,000 brains or lifetimes of memory, giving a grand total of 400,000 PBs or 400 exabytes worth of data! That's 4,400 times the estimated data content of the deep web or 30 times the estimated information content of all human knowledge!

I've haven't seen the old dame since, but the lucid dreams happen almost every other night now and they continue to blow my mind. I also tried to search for variations of the word tanist, but the few descriptions I read were all pretty much the same,

Tanistry was a Gaelic system for passing on titles and lands. In this system the Tanist (Irish Tánaiste; Scottish Gaelic Tànaiste; Manx Tanishtagh) was the office of heir-apparent, or second-in-command, among the (royal) Gaelic patrilineal dynasties of Ireland, Scotland and Man, to succeed to the chieftainship or to the kingship.

Perhaps the old woman was trying to indicate the information is somehow passed on from one person to the next? I don't know how such a thing would work because I'm largely of the belief that a person is born in to reality as a blank slate or, as Locke put it, a tabula rasa.

But who knows, this whole lucid dream or nonphysical world is more complex than anything I've ever encountered and the amount information there seems to be beyond modern understanding. So maybe there really is a whole platonic nonphysical universe out there that we all explore as we dream. Whatever the case I'd certainly be interested in attempting to get more empirical data as I try to piece together for myself what it all means.

Till next time!
edit on 7-4-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I just want to clarify if we are doing Astral projection (abstract visions on an astral plane) or ethereal projection (projecting the spirit in the physical world)? Both are equally exciting, but in my experience our "experiences" will only match with ethereal projection as the astral planes are abstract and subject to our own karmic views.
Fear was my biggest enemy with the ladder technique as the paralysis always invoked fear. I found that lucid dreaming was a better doorway for me as instead of paralysis I only had to deal with the moment you prematurely realize you are dreaming and then wake up. When successful after obtaining a lucid state I just think of the dining room table and the ethereal projection begins. That being said here is my latest:
3/23/11 – 2311 – Raining (I have the most control when it rains)/everybody sleeping really heavy including the familiars
I began my lucid dream flying or levitating. As I was approaching a populated area I got the feeling I was being followed. I accelerated my pace and landed by what seemed to be a library or museum.
I had a metal box with a radioactive rating on it. The guard checked me out and asked me what the rating of the box was and I remember hoping that it was a 6 and not a 7. The guard thought it was strange that I didn't know the rating, but let me in when we both discovered it was a six.
I started cataloging artifacts and then I got the message to flee and hide because the person that was following me before was in the building. I assessed my body and realized that the body I was in was only about 5 feet tall and really thin. I stashed the box and ran down the stairs to a lower level looking for an exit or hiding place. I found one and decided to hide. As soon as I got settled I started to swoon and awoke in my bed in my own body.
What brought me back to the body was an adrenaline rush. Upon waking I was burning hot in my spine and soaked in sweat. My heart was beating over 600 beats a second, but it was more like a vibration or frequency instead of a solid beat!
Kinda scary, but comfortably numb at the same time. What WAS scary was the fact that my heart was vibrating at the same frequency as the cable box at the foot of my bed. (Which was off before I went to sleep.). I stayed awake about 45 minutes afterwards to document and kinda sort things out.
Successful? Yes
Lesson Learned? Need to learn to control heart rate while out of body
Thoughts? What did the cable box have to do with my heart rate?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
All I gotta say is, look for the dude with the magic stick.

That's me. Especially if u also see a dreamcatcher.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
anybody try to come up with winning lotto numbers while in your fantasy land pls

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LuisCyfer

Your heart racing and the vibrations are discussed in the book. I have had the same feeling. Sometimes it feels like I am sliding back and forth and sometimes I just feel this intense buzzing. That makes me feel encouraged because it means it is a phenomenon that many people can report.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I would like to participate. Have have been experimenting with this book

www.clairvision.org... for the past two weeks and have had amazing results. I think the throat friction technique may work better for me than some of the visualization ones, for now. Regardless, I don't want to start a new book until I have fully developed the things being taught in this one. If that is alright with you guys.

Anyway, I have just developed the ability to move through light tunnels when meditating but haven't had a chance to really explore them much. I have been seeing prism type lights all around during the day, but especially around trees. Are these auras perhaps?

One thought that I keep having during all this is, "Where is this going? Will there be an end? Is this just cheap parlor tricks that are keeping me entertained, or is a jouney that will lead me somewhere eventually, giving more answers than questions?"

Anyway, let me know your thoughts, and I am excited to see the experiment in action.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
See yourself walking to your refrigerator(pause), you open the door and it is empty except for a single orange on the top shelf(pause), see the light and the orange, feel the cold coming from the refrigerator(pause), you pick up the orange(pause), feel its cold, feel its weight, feel its texture(pause), see its colors, see its surface, see all its detail(pause), you begin to peal the orange(pause), you smell it, you hear it tare, you feel it, you see it,(pause), you begin to eat it(pause) you taste it, you feel the beads pop in your mouth, you smell it, you hear it(pause, pause) you enjoy the senses as you experience this orange(pause, pause).

My lucid dreams are usually spontaneous, but I decided to try and follow your instructions this morning right after I woke up. I have to say the experience was pretty hilarious. I saw myself at the fridge and I opened the door. Then I tried to imagine an orange on some lower shelf, all the while knowing the only fruit I had in the house were a couple of bananas and an apple. So I tried to prevent myself from looking at the shelf, and hoped I'd magically pull out an orange (though I admit I doubted that this was possible). A second later, as expected, I was disappointed when I saw that I had grabbed the granny smith apple. However this was no normal granny smith apple! It was colored bright orange! It was pretty funny looking. I looked it over carefully and laughed at how much it looked like an apple despite the coloring.

Then I decided I'd try a new trick. I held the apple out in front of me, defocused my eyes, and pretended it had the same texture and shape of an orange. Amazingly this worked. The skin of the apple changed to a pockmarked grated surface, but unexpectedly as I was defocusing my eyes it started to shrink. So now I had a mini-orange.

At that point I was pretty pleased with myself, so I woke myself up. The reason I wanted to share this with everyone is because what I found to be the most important aspect of the exercise were the pauses. When I paused the scene came in to sharp focus. It almost seems like there's a sort of lag time for everything to draw in.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
Interesting idea, is the goal of the group to have everyone meet-up, so to speak, in some other worldly location? I've heard of people attempting this sort of thing and the results (assuming they weren't forged) were encouraging.

Ha!

Thats what the witches and sorcerers supposedly did in medieval! Meeting on a magical sabbath at the "Blocksberg" in the night of walpurgis! Mostly they induced this astral travel by very different mixtures of alcaloids, other drugs and "magical ingredients...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join