It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the Libyan rebels?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've been searching all the MSM outlets and some other sources, but the only "rebels" I can find are a couple dozen disorganized guys in pickup trucks on a road in the middle of nowhere. Is there actually anyone fighting against Gaddafi other than these few men? I know NATO is bombing Gadaffi's forces, but where are the rebels? Is this a "Wag the Dog" scenario?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Dunno but they're claiming Gaddafi wrote a letter to Obama.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Wag the dog indeed my friend , I have been saying this from the start .There is not one MSN video that couldn't be made with a few friends and a hundred dollar handycam.For some strange reason the war that is not a war has gone very quite in the media here in Australia .

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have noticed this to.

every clip of the rebels looks like a small organized ho-down. nobody looks threatened or in seemingly in danger. It looks like they were all handed a few pickups an a few guns and told to look cool for the camera. Not a single shot of a rocket that i have seen.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Good point. I have also noticed that there doesn't seem to be any organized forces, just a couple dozen guys here and there, dressed in rags, firing off AK-47s and a few RPGs.

How many rebels are there, really?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You guys didnt see the "rebels" when all this started did ya?
They were a bunch of civilians, in everyday clothes gathering anything they could and grouping up in the back of pick ups.

They didnt get camo and gear up until there were reports of them raiding military bases and Gaddafi spreading weapons out there. Most of which they didnt much know how to use.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks guys! I'm glad to see a few others noticed this also. I saw Jeraldo "came under fire" on Fox News. He was riding around with a couple rebels in 2 pickups and most of the shooting was from the "rebels" he was embedded with.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
You guys didnt see the "rebels" when all this started did ya?
They were a bunch of civilians, in everyday clothes gathering anything they could and grouping up in the back of pick ups.

They didnt get camo and gear up until there were reports of them raiding military bases and Gaddafi spreading weapons out there. Most of which they didnt much know how to use.

CNN Anderson Cooper have said in March the rebels are only in 1000s or 1,500 compare that to Libya's population of 6 million

No they aren't they are terrorists, all revolutions have been staged just so they can get there hands on the oil and minerals.

Remember libya has the population of 6 million compare that with footages you have been seeing with only a few rebels on the news, somehow they are speaking english perfectly and whats with those english protest signs? its almost like its right on Cue.

If i am Libyan i would be speaking Arabic not english, besides dont the news networks own a translator?
edit on 12-4-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Its a hoax. The united states is conquering.

There is no rebel forces. Everything you here and see is a lie.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
I've been searching all the MSM outlets and some other sources, but the only "rebels" I can find are a couple dozen disorganized guys in pickup trucks on a road in the middle of nowhere. Is there actually anyone fighting against Gaddafi other than these few men? I know NATO is bombing Gadaffi's forces, but where are the rebels? Is this a "Wag the Dog" scenario?

There are no true Libyan rebels. There is a small group of people that have been assembled by western powers to appear as resistance. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of people in Libya that despise Gadaffi but you must realize that he is one of the top three most brutal dictators in the last 50 years with a powerful and loyal military.

That environment does not inherently breed allot of "resistance" naturally. People are too afraid, if not only for themselves but for there families who in these situations are punished just as bad as the actual participant.

Make no mistake, the world opposition created this "resistance" without our involvement, it would not exist.

new topics

top topics

join