It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial Advice For My Parents- Letter I Just Sent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hello. As we continue down this road of economic disaster, it may be easy to put faith in the GOP. I hope you're not doing that. The numbers tell the truth. Mom, I told you to invest in silver when it reached $30 an ounce. It's now nearly $40. Gold is at an all time high, and oil is skyrocketing. DON'T WAIT! You've been selling mutual funds so I assume you have cash lying around. Do some research and make a decision of where to put some of those Federal Reserve Notes...aka IOUs backed by nothing.

When I read the book Conspiracy of the Rich a little over a year ago, I couldn't help feeling like time was against me. The day I started reading it, I bought more gold and silver. We don't have much...wish we would have bought more when we did, but the way Kyosaki explained our financial system and what it means to you and me, the more I understood it. Things could get much, much more expensive overnight. Oil is going up, as are other commodities. While I want nothing to do with this system, I also understand that to work full time for beans and rice is not a high quality of life, especially when I foresee what's going to happen.

I recommend you do some research and look at what's going on. I don't know much, but what I've learned through seeing all the hoopla that goes in this world is to trust myself. There are some "economists, professionals, etc" who are saying one thing. There are others saying the opposite. Some say our government had nothing to do with 9/11. There are others who say the opposite. While I may be the minority, I must go with my gut. The first time I mailed a check to buy what the experts say I should only have 5-10% of assets in, I was nervous. But, I understand that this world we live and everyone in it is post oligarchical American corruption: morally, educationally, and financially. When it see it like that, it makes sense to go against the "herd".

In talking about buying land and becoming self-sustained, that's going to take some time, maybe years. That's too long to wait to invest. Please do research. If you don't feel good about owning physical metals, invest in ETF's. Invest in OIL, so when the price goes up you can at least break even at the pump and with airfare. Read Conspiracy of the Rich. The author doesn't talk about the conspiracy, just what we can do about. And like he says, "Not everyone has the skills or resources to invest in large sums of gold, stocks, or businesses, but everyone has $20 for a silver coin."

edit on 6-4-2011 by DaveakaRNG because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2011 by DaveakaRNG because: typos

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Just be careful giving advice like this because when people, who are not as aware of currency manipulation as you and I might be, rush into investing in something they don't know how to store, trade, and sell, they get into a dilemma and point all blame at you.

I think a safer investment for our "parents" generation would be in water, food, and medicine. I own silver myself, no gold it's too expensive for me, but that's only because I follow it everyday and know the trends of this global economy.

I only recommend people get precious metals if they are making the full transition to living off the land. If not, water, food, and medicine will be just as valuable as anything has ever been when the S finally HTF.
edit on 6-4-2011 by raiders247 because: Edit for grammar police

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think your on the right track but like the previous poster said I would give a disclaimer of sorts if I was giving advice.

People go out and buy silver after selling everything and it drops to $15 an ounce tomorrow they will try to sue you claiming you ruined their life.

But you don't have to listen to me because "THAT"S JUST MY OPINION".

Everything I post on here is MY OPINION and shouldn't be taken as gospel....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
That is so sweet of you to tell your parents what to do with their money.

If my son ever does that I am goung to laugh in his face.

I raised my son and gave him knowledge that has helped him become a very successful business man.

Are your parents stupid or ignorant?

Are you privy to all their business transactions?

Do your parents live in a sealed invironment and not read or watch any television?

Why do you assume you are smarter than your parents are?

I have met some very stupid people that are parents but I really don't think your parents are stupid as you must think.

If you are a young adult I can understand why you think you need to tutor your parents.
It happens to all of us when we are in our early 20's.
We know it all and have the world by the tail.

Your parents are not going to allow you to know all their secrets.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Maybe your parents are ignorant, but I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
My parents are a couple of high school drop-outs, yet have done well for themselves. They live on 20 acres of farmland with plenty of wood, deer, and a good spring. There's also some trout in some of the nearby lakes. They have a wood furnace and a propane stove, with a large tank they fill every fall. Last winter their electric bill was $75/month, and that was mostly for Dad's power saws and tools that he uses to make wooden furniture.

They've told me that if the SHTF I am welcome to come live in their guest cabin.

I'd never be stupid enough to send them an letter like the OP's.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Don't assume the OP's parents are as awake as you apparently are. Just being older does not make people smarter. Some people trust in authority, however much authority the media has anyway, and go with the herd and bury their heads in the sand, because they really can't handle the reality. And it doesn't really have anything to do with smart, IMO. Most people are working too hard and haven't happened across anything that has really shook them awake yet.

Anyway OP, it's a valiant effort to try to get your parents to see the truth, but I find that the best way is usually to ask them to watch a video with you, because it's really important to you, and then have some facts ready to present in addition to the material. If you can get them to do that, they can raise their objections to the material and ask questions while you are there to answer them.

I can't get my family members to do that much, and I ended up just talking to my mom about things, who now thinks I am paranoid and warned me about "Law of Attraction," which is an excuse some people use to justify ignoring reality. I know that sounds harsh, but I really love my mom and appreciate that she has had a really hard life. I worry about her. But she won't listen to me about even having some rice and beans put aside. What can I do? It's very frustrating.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hey man you could quite literally be my brother..but don't you worry about our parents..we have to make sure that WE, their children look after them. No point in sending advice because as you know when they gave us advice as kids 'we might have listened, but we may not have taken heed' so with that in mind we need to set up resources to look after them, they may not need it, but if they do, let's be ready, your advice is sound! If you need help implementing your gut feeling (silver and gold) to saving lives, i will help you..

namaste brother

new topics

top topics

join