It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE lightning bolt! Washington State.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I live in Washington state, and this HUGE lighting bolt hit and just flashed and omg. I have seen lighting and heard it before. Many many thunderstorms i have lived through, however this was the scariest. I've always lived in rain/thunderstorm areas but this was just Huge.
The sound felt like it cracked through my glass, and the light flashed like crazy through my blinds.
What's scary was this was NOT next to my house. I counted 2-2.5 seconds before i heard the lighting and seen the flash. Anyone in the Redmond, WA area just feel this? (Many people on ATS live round here so it's not just some random town
)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I'm in Pullman..

not even cloudy here..

but i have been in a lot of lightning storms in my day..

that was a big bolt...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
www.weatherstreet.com...

Found this. This is odd! I can't help but wonder about Japan, but i have doubts radiation has something to do with it, who knows if it could =O
I'm ill-informed and im not trying to cause panic or fear but this is unusally severe.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
its not a big deal half my town is still out of power from a storm that came monday

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I am North of you in Skagit County. I didn't see any yet, but it was predicted for today and I took some pics of a MASSIVE thunderhead building off-shore earlier. Give me a sec and I'll post it.

Rain, Snow, Hail & Thunder!by Jim Guy

Updated today at 5:43 PM

An upper level low along the coast is rotating unseasonably cool showery air into the state this evening. This will give a mix of showers and sunbreaks with a chance of some late day thunderstorms.

Source

Dopplar radar link for area

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by karileigh77
its not a big deal half my town is still out of power from a storm that came monday

Where do you live at?

I've got storms that cut power here, few years ago i was out for 5 days. The thunder is new however, and it felt like a lions roar in my chest. Im serious this was a crazy thunder bolt.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
why the hell would japan have any thing to do with it. DAMN

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

WHAT??!!! Since when do we get those kinds of warnings? NEVER!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by karileigh77

I get paranoid bud!
If the answer doesnt come, i just think of everything even if its nothing. It's annoying can't just calm down about it, well i can but it crosses my head 100 times. Just paranoia from me.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
noy making fun but i live in the south storms are a fact of life sorry if i was harsh

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Out here in the foothills. I heard the thunder that lasted for about 25 seconds. Not the biggest I've heard, however I did not witness the flash and only heard the rumble from the shower I was taking.

What I can definitely say about today is that we went from snow to partial, to rain, to sun, to rain, to sun, to partial, to hail, to rain at 57 degrees, to partial with scattered, to sun, to BIG hail.... and now lightning on the right of my home with partial clearing to the left.

Good times!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by karileigh77
noy making fun but i live in the south storms are a fact of life sorry if i was harsh

Weren't harsh
just saying i get loads and loads of storms here, i mean its WA state. Its rain rain rain. But this thunder was just overly dramatically scary, nothing better to describe it other than the lions roar in my chest. And my window is open by 1 inch and blinds basically closed yet the light and sound got through without any trouble.

Originally posted by westcoast

WHAT??!!! Since when do we get those kinds of warnings? NEVER!

We never get those warnings!

I don't think it's saying we have some sort of severe weather, it's just saying it would be posted there. Man i just got super scared over this. Needed to know why im getting bombed before i die lol

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Allegedly the dog may or may not have just freaked the f out when this passed over.

Yay for radiation. It has not stopped raining since the core breach btw.

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
when u live in tornado alley u get used to it when its not storming were like what the hell

link   
I have noticed these last couple of weeks the storms are not natural in most cases and they are extremely violent. The lightning is ridiculous to say the least. Last week I was woke up at 6:30 am, The lightning was hitting so fast and so often that it was constantly lit up outside of my window for 10 minutes straight. It made the Movie War Of The Worlds seem like a joke.

link   
why didnt you take a pic, jeeeez

arent all lightning strikes 'HUGE'? a few days ago i saw very bright lightning through my blinds, but was the first time i'd seen lightning in years, i was supprised at how bright it was, but surely its just normal lightning.
i'm in no way convinced you saw anything other than a normal lightning strike...
edit on 6-4-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Here you go:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
why didnt you take a pic, jeeeez

arent all lightning strikes 'HUGE'? as in cloud>ground, do you meanthere was many forks? width? brightness?
i'm in no way convinced you saw anything other than a normal lightning strike...

Not everyone can just take a picture of a lightning bolt strike.
And this was just one, followed by a small, but seemly farther away one. But that's it.

It scared me so crazy. I have been surrounded by lightning strikes but this is just so loud and crazy and ahh lol.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I was just a little excited everyone, not trying to be a panic fear unit. LOL.
It scared me just way too much to not say hmm? .. ha.
Alright well ill see if i can take a picture if another strike happens but i dont think it'll be that same intesnity,

My blinds were closed. The light shined through the little cracks and lit up my room. It was an intesense feeling aside from the sound.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i cant find the old info i had, but did find one link to what this reminded me of.

last month downtown portland oregon heard a "boom" many said sounded like an explosion and the news came on and said allot of people were calling in but it was just a "super lightning bolt" to the west of where all the boom reports were coming in from. supposedly allot of electronics got fried also, not just where the bolt was reported, but where the boom was heard.

www.kgw.com...

that was the only link i could find without more digging. maybe they are related. whether they really are rare super bolts or some other phenomena.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join