It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have A Question For a Muslim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
[snip] Frankly, I try to stay away from religion while on this site....I do consider myself a Christian.

I'm not interested in discussing beliefs versus each other, or bashing Islam, or anything of the sort.

I do have a question, just one, that I would like for any Muslims here on ATS to answer.

Why do moderate Muslims not stand up and LOUDLY & BOLDLY denounce their radical elements ?

I ask because I have been led to believe that moderate, peaceful Muslims make up the VAST majority of its ranks.

And I know for a fact that moderate Christians (again, the vast majority are) DO speak out against our crazier, nuttier, and more violent factions.

So....where are the moderate followers of Islam and why do they not denounce the views of their radical few ?

Are they scared of them ?

edit on 6-4-2011 by Signals because: classified

edit on 6/4/11 by masqua because: edit by author request

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

then why hasn't westboro baptist church been stopped yet then?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by Signals

Well, we do have this Free Speech thing going here...pesky sometimes, isn't it ?

I think MSM does a pretty good job showing what kooks they are....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I'm not Muslim, but here goes...

I think people have stood up and protested against extremests, how ever i doubt this ever reaches headlines, or news simply because we're always being mislead into thinking these people are all bad and radicals. Thus so, no news reporter is going to show the good side, it's not as ''interesting'' as violence and injustice.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Signals

We speak out against his idiocy, but here in the USA he has the right to free speech. That is the way it is, and the way it should be. Is the pastor an idiot for burning the koran? YES, YES, a thousand times YES. Does he have the right to express his beliefs and opinions here in the USA? YES, YES, a million times YES. Does this pastors stupidity give license to radical muslims to murder people? No.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I don't condone their actions (i think it was pure murder)

They killed people, it's wrong, he burnt the Koran, that's wrong. But both are expressions of free will.

Killing is worse, but it's still expression of free will.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

I don't condone their actions (i think it was pure murder)

They killed people, it's wrong, he burnt the Koran, that's wrong. But both are expressions of free will.

Killing is worse, but it's still expression of free will.
I think you are confusing "free speech" with "free will", either that or I do not understand the point you are trying to make.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Not to go off topic, but he burnt some thing, that makes it an action, not free speech.

Don't worry anyhow, it was just an opinion of mine

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mentalistbee

LOL. Fine "Freedom of Expression" then. Both are considered synonymous, so I just generally use freedom of speech. If we must "split hairs" the I will use freedom of expression from this point forward.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So, still waiting for a response from someone who practices Islam...

Thanks for your other responses though

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

reply to post by Signals

Well, we do have this Free Speech thing going here...pesky sometimes, isn't it ?

I think MSM does a pretty good job showing what kooks they are....

..so free speech is ok for the US and christians,
but not so for other countries and muslims?

they have spoken out, you dont here it from MSM in the west.
some have issued fatwahs (religious laws) against extremist views and actions.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Am not muslim.. However .. Do have many muslim friends and have visited them in their countries.. The moderates do speak out - even have an organised group which was started in recent years that speaks out against the extremists along with educates both muslims and non-muslims on what islam really is as opposed to the extremists and lies of western media and "experts".. Unfortuneatly due to the bias of western media and "experts" the voices of the moderates go largely unheard... Cant have a little thing called truth in the west america couldnt continue its mass murder for corporate greed.. Erm illegal/immoral wars .. Erm war on terror.. Erm whatever the hell excuse they're currently using to murder innocent people in cold blood...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

You know, that does not fly. They could start a website and use social networking to circumvent the MSM. Why don't they do something like that if they truly exist and want to spread their message?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You ever thought about where most Muslims live? Most are struck by war zones, others by poverty. How are they going to access the internet or buy a comp for that matter. I'm partially Iraqi, and some times if lucky, i get a chance to Skype with my relatives from there. Most the time they're internet is shut down, or the electricity is shut down.

top topics

join