It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human face in the lost city of the incas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
www.fun.from.hell.pl...

It is probably fake, but if it isnt it would be very interesting... Does anyone have a link to another pic or something that showes the same face?

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
yeah it's interesting but fake.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Ok, well its good to straight that out.. Thx..

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Probaly fake, but it can be an optical illusian too. Interesting find thre.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Still, even if it's not fake photography, it's as intriguing as what I've seen about 25-30 years or so ago...

I was still in Grade School when our family would take my Dad's 2-week vacations by driving to tourist attractions around the country. This particular year we were on our way to Hannibal, Missouri, the birthplace of Samuel Clemins (aka: Mark Twain). We were only about an hour from reaching Hannibal when my Mom pointed out of the window of the car & told us to look up in the sky. While we were looking, she grabbed the camera & took a picture. What we saw (& she photographed) was a cloud that looked *exactly* like a bust-style head image of Mark Twain himself...Right now, my sister has the original photo & I'd have to ask her for a copy before I could upload it to show on the 'net.

posted on Mar, 25 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   

The face is fake.

Sorry.

[Edited on 25-3-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Thats a picture from about the same view. Its pritty clear that the image you posted was quite heavely edited, especialy the part between the supossed chin part of the face and the nose.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by thematrix]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
thats an astounding pic matrix.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
ashame its a fake, but the picture is fascinating thou

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb

Matchu Pitchu is even more breathtaking then the egyptian pyramids imho. Such splendor and so darn high in the sky.
The best hike I ever did in my life with an absolute orgasmic finale when it came to an end.

We got to visit Matchu Pitchu outside the tourist season, when archeologists are all over the place looking for even more.

Did you know that place pulls about 100000 tourists per year?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Originally posted by topsecretombomb

Matchu Pitchu is even more breathtaking then the egyptian pyramids imho. Such splendor and so darn high in the sky.
The best hike I ever did in my life with an absolute orgasmic finale when it came to an end.

We got to visit Matchu Pitchu outside the tourist season, when archeologists are all over the place looking for even more.

Did you know that place pulls about 100000 tourists per year?

no, but i do now
after seeing that picture i want to go there now

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Interesting but probably fake. But it's a good find
nice job.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have seen this before and I agree that it's interesting, but this is just another optical illusion, like the 'face' on Mars - taken at a certain angle, at a certain time of day, with obsolete technology.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by xenophanes85]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
I have seen this before and I agree that it's interesting, but this is just another optical illusion, like the 'face' on Mars - taken at a certain angle, at a certain time of day, with obsolete technology.

Wouldn't hurt to read the entire thread before you post a reply xenophanes85. The posted image is a fake, I posted an image of how Matchu Pitchu's mountain face looks for real. The original Image is heavely edited.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Originally posted by xenophanes85

Wouldn't hurt to read the entire thread before you post a reply xenophanes85. The posted image is a fake, I posted an image of how Matchu Pitchu's mountain face looks for real. The original Image is heavely edited.

Not that heavily edited.. if you notice those shots were taken from different perspectives.. here is one taken from a similar vantage to the "fake"

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Seriously, what the heck? Why is it fake? Someone please point out the "fakeness" of it instead of just saying it's fake. That second pic posted is from another angle, so it wouldn't look the same. Even so, I can still see the chin, lips and nose, and if the camera were to circle around the mountain more to the right, the eye would be visible. We've all seen a lot of fake pictures here on ATS, but I think we've all become a little too unaccepting of any kind of photo.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ok, if I had the money to travel to that country (or to the 'face' on Mars which the following can apply to also), I would take a series of orthographic shots and a series of shots from random angles at periodic times of the day - and guess what I'd find? That it wouldn't resemble a face at all. However, the reason for the settlement of the people there could be attributed to the face and the attention it gets. If anybody could figure out what time of day it is when this optical illusion is visible, please share it with us, as it could be related to the religious beliefs of the native peoples. Maybe they decided to settle there becase they thought it was the face of a god or God. Or maybe they just thought it be cool to say to another city, "Hey, we have a rock that looks like *insert a god's or God's name here* in our backyard. What do you have?"

They seem to be pretty smart, but I don't think they could grasp the idea of optical illusions, like we learned, advanced people can.

[Edited on 5-2-04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth
Seriously, what the heck? Why is it fake? Someone please point out the "fakeness" of it instead of just saying it's fake. That second pic posted is from another angle, so it wouldn't look the same. Even so, I can still see the chin, lips and nose, and if the camera were to circle around the mountain more to the right, the eye would be visible. We've all seen a lot of fake pictures here on ATS, but I think we've all become a little too unaccepting of any kind of photo.

It's a very interesting picture. Reminds me of the "Old Man in the Mountain" in New England. But some of the differences can't be accounted for by perspective. For instance, the height of the nose vs the height of the chin. Also, the perspective of the photo in NephraTari's post is so similar, that the shape of the nose, and its length could not possibly change enough from the shift in positions to become that in the "face" photo.

The angle and length of the shadows in the fake aren't consistent, either.

Great edit job, nonetheless. Even without editing, I'd see a face there, too.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Sorry for the size...heres all 3 side by side

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
secret of the incas- war against time ( history channel), about william sullivan is an ok documentary on inca earthworks that are intended to be viewed at specific dates/times.

an oddly shaped mountainside pyramid topped by an 'effigy to the eye of the llama' that is illuminated on the june solstice by a beam of light (shadows from the surrounding mountaintops) . a line up one of the edges of the terraced structure is illuminated at the equinoxes and at the dec solstice a road of light up the side.. [though the depictions of the latter 2 in the video are definitely suspect- rendered?]
too much to explain. .

also a few condors shaped into mountainsides.
etc.

he takes into account quite a bit of mythology/astronomy which is in turn supported by the constructions.

bit torrent download 3/4 down page
digitaldistractions.org...

sullivan seems to have only written the one book and then disappeared into the jungle.

video is worth watching.

solo.manuatele.net... vaguely related..
--

that image is from a different location (closer, down, and right- at the strip of green in the foreground ruins) than the comparison.

www.andeantravelweb.com...

(for approx. location of original photographer- look for a little dude in the foreground, based on the alignment of the green patch between the rows of buildings- is there any theorized function of this 'viewing area'?)

if the alleged incan earthworks work only from specific vantage points. maybe more than nothing here though it is definitely not the same mountain.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by rpttr]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join