It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government May Shutdown On April 8th, What Are Your Thoughts About This?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hope they shut down, and elect me as the president! Free ice cream for all!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
So, another taxpayer funded entitlement program

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
So, another taxpayer funded entitlement program

Nope, FREE ice cream...meaning ice cream companies made to scoop out loads of ice cream for the day!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I will go out and buy a good bottle of whiskey and get drunk and toast the american people and wish ourselves luck. What would be really cool would be for us to tell the knucklechucks in DC that if they can't get they're work done, then we don't need to ourselves and encourage every one we can reach to not go to work for a week! If we don't make it, they can't take it! since they can't seem to find an efficient and fiscally safe way to spend our tax dollars, then we should do what we can to provide them less and less to work with. Do you think that these folks in DC could parse that message ? it would be a great way to take a stand and if we could get employers to cooperate, we should be able to kick the legislatures in the ass hard enough for them to stop politicing and actually do some constructive legislating. After all didn't old Joe Biden say we ALL would have to make sacrifices to make the country a better place? Ok, Joe, here ya go, you got our sacrifice, we aren't gonna give you any taxable income for an entire week, all across the US. Sometimes I don't understand why we here in the states don't us "social media" to get our political leadership by the nose and show them which way we want them to go!
edit on 6-4-2011 by CosmosKid because: Spelling errors

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Who cares, shut down. I know they know that we the people are getting sick of the same ole same ole. The system raping us for more and more as the years go by. same ole , same ole, tactics.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Simple really, stop invading sovereign countries = lots of money for the people......who supplied the money in the first place.
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 6-4-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
when you shut a government down, nothing bad happens. it means all political machines and procedures halt/freeze, until a solution is reached. the budget is usually why. why would we be weakened? why would we be open to attack? is anyone even thinking? everything doesn't disappear. if we were attacked, it would be open and we would act accordingly.

you guys are getting a bit too looney.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Let it shut down.

It's cut spending or die people. How long do you think we can balance this house of cards when the country is bankrupt? But most people don't care.

"As long as I keep getting mine, I don't give a #." is the attitude most people take these days.

Get ready for austerity measures, and we have no one to blame but ourselves....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well, if they shut down, the first not to get paid should be the Congress and the Senate politicians.

They all should also opt out of their free taxpayer paid health insurance.

Both of those should put some money back in the budget.

But we all know all this is nothing but political posturing and will amount to nothing but a yellow hole in the snow bank.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
if it shuts down the illuminati will try to do something to make themselves look like the "good guys"...jus my opinion, but i dont really think it will shut down because 1. no one will let that happen and 2. its not like u can jus pull the plug on the government and turn it off (shutdown). think about this if the government was to really shut down why are we taking no precautions?? we still have troops over seas, we will most likely be invaded by some country within less than 24 hrs of the shutdown.

and 1 more thing, do u think (if this was to happen) it has anything to do with the north american union? ( canada U.S and mexico) maybe they will try to reestablish a government with canada and mexico? it shuts down to put that plan to make us 1 step closer to a 1 world government...hmmm idk but its possible

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
fabrication of the truth of the matter.

We haven't exactly been handed our butts to us due to an atomic 'attack'. But but but.

I live a humble and modest lifestyle, and I live within my own means. If I am to be represented by some suit, he better have an appreciation for my bottom line.

I don't see that happening under these current circumstances...I'm not seeing much more than the structure of the jelly fish organism when I see them creeps on TV, or the web.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Awesome.. imagine how much money will not be spent in one day of government shut down =)

typo.....by spent you meant wasted right?

:-) haha

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join