It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

earths immune system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
this is something interesting iwas thinking about the other day, i have read some of james lovelocks books on the gaia or livng earth and its made me wonder if the earth is a living organism like he says does it have some sot of immune ystem, we have been frequently been refered as a virus or cancer in the earth so is it trying to get rid of us with some kind of immune system, thats when i came to the conclusion that it may in fact have a very complex one that can be demonstrated with whats been happening over the past years

1. inflamatory response. in adiidtion to deploying cells(more on that later) the body when it decects forgien antigens will stimulate inflaatory resonses, in our cases things like repeated coughing and snezzing as well as fever. in the earths case it can be represented as earthquakes, hurricanes and possibly even some how rasing its tempreture(global warming created by thing like co2 naturaly rleased from limestone) in an attempt to remove us.
2. immune cells. this was more difficuult to find for comparision, when forgien cells are detected the body deploys several differnt types of cell to fight us off. earths comparison
. jellyfish taking over our oceans, starting to cause a collapse in fisheries by eating and poisioning all the fish and pushing us more inland
.rats in certain parts of the world the rat population has exploded, they eat our grains and friuts as well as spread diseases contiuning the population decline.
.diseases, the deployment of certain diseases can of course lead to a pandemic wiping us out, there has beeen an increase of antibiotic immune bacteria as well as the apearence of new virus.
3. cell suicde. when certain viruises infect cells they will actualy expode there lysosome organelle and completly kill both itsself and the virus with it, most viriuses have learned to overide this though. the earth equivlent was the one that fasinxted me the most. the sudden colony collapse disorders in bees. it has often been said that without bees we would go extinct soon after. could the mass die off of bees be a from of celluar suicde for the earths immune system.

this is only a theory i have, it seems like the earth may be continuing to fight us off. maybe this is why certain species went extinct, they became cancerous to the earth and its immune system simply took them out

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That is a very interesting way of looking at it, and not one I've come across before, in some respect very plausible, if only as an anology.

Thank you for opening my eyes to a new way of thinking

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

i am going to keep working on this theory and expand on this some more

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
this is great hearing someone else think these things. You are on a start. Some cells(humans) can be cancerous and some aren't.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

i think weve hiot the point where its going to try to kill most of us and is just viewing all off us as bad. i think ill try to think of a somewhat safe place to hide

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by solargeddon

i am going to keep working on this theory and expand on this some more

Good stuff I look forward to hearing more

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
reply to post by jvm222

i think weve hiot the point where its going to try to kill most of us and is just viewing all off us as bad. i think ill try to think of a somewhat safe place to hide

i've thought of this for a while. My perfect destination would be the Andes mountains.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

VERY interesting analogy, way of looking at things.

S&F&

[But I hate that business of comparing humans to a virus - industrial activity is virus like, but even masses of ordinary humans are not. ...Paranoid about being tricked into supporting Eugenics Depopulation ideas/rationale/strategies. ]

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I watched the Matrix last night on ITV hd and in it is aquote from Agent Smith to Morpheus during the 'interrigation'......
H e talks about Mammals being categorized as a species which finds an equilibrium with it's surroundings, something Humans cannot do....... Human breed and breed and exhaust the natural supply of resources and then move on to another area and start the process all over again............. The only organism that does this is a Virus.......Humanity, therefore by definition is a Virus !!

I can see where they are coming from with that description...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Very interesting

There are a couple concerns I have though

First, the earth trying to get rid of humans (virus) would imply that we are hurting the earth

What exactly are humans doing to the earth? Emitting Co2, killing off species, polluting the oceans, and using up the fresh water.

Your theory implies these actions are harming the earth. We know for a fact the earth's climate changes. We know that carbon dioxide is released naturally in the environment based on temperatures. We know the sun is the source of the earth's heat.

At one point the earth did not even have water, when you hear the surface of the earth is 80% water it is kind of misleading. The earth itself has very little water when looking at the total mass. An asteroid could come by and dissolve all the water on the earth in a second.

Life is never guaranteed and we take that fact for granted. The earth has no agenda against you but it also has no empathy for land dweller of any kind.

When the sun changes, the earth changes, As above, so below

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

not really putting in that sense of support for eugenics, with the theorizing im doing on this its looking like all plants and animals act both as functioning cells and have the pontential to go cancerous

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
thinking some more, this is getting to be more confusing than i though ill be back with more when ihave the worst of the bugs worked out

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ya i'v heard of this Gia theory before. Very interesting. I wouldn't say humans are inherently bad for the Earth. Native Americans lived in harmony with nature. I'd say it's just the way our culture shifted. Just the path humans decided to take, the industrial path. Europe's idea

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

the eurpeans industrail policies are currently part off the extende version off this theory i am working on

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Humans are not a threat to the earth, they are only a threat to themselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

so far where im living in alberta is safe, no earth quakes faults, safe fom hurricanes and tsunamis, no volcanos. the only real problem is when winter comes the reliance on forign food is to heavy

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

im not even so much talking about climate change im more mentioning we are killing off plants and animals(other cells) and eating up resources

top topics

join