It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe there is hope after all. People are waking up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Today at lunch, a bunch of kids started ranting about "the system" and how they have to take a bunch of AP classes they don't care about to get into a good college to get a decent job. They do it because they feel like they have no other choice, they are forced into "the system" and resent it. The conversation soon evolved into a discussion over whether we live in something akin to The Matrix.

I just sat and listened, but i have to say i was thoroughly impressed. Keep in mind these are rich kids who go to one of the richest schools in one of America's richest counties (Howard County, MD). They take a ton of AP's and have 3.9 or 4.0's. We've had a lot of this at school recently, especially since the school showed the film Race to Nowhere, about how kids today are stressed out over the massive amount of pressure and homework they get and are getting sick, depressed, and even some are committing suicide.

But it isn't just limited to this. Lately, I've been seeing more and more people waking up and questioning why we do things. People i never thought would do so. Perhaps there is hope for the world after all...
edit on 6-4-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I agree and i suppose the younger the kids are that start asking these questions the more hope there is that changes will be made in the future.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Quick... someone better get those kids in debt, hooked on meds and listening to Lady Gaga. Wish I could say the same for kids where I'm from. The majority that I see and meet are completely unaware of what our government has done and is doing to them on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If year2000 and miracle=true you are right
else you are fooked!

i code to much

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The internet helps, although you have to want to find the information.
Concerning the recently announced growth figures of ATS, do people think its down to people having more of an interest in CTs, or a lack of trust in mainstream sources, or simply down to more and more people with good internet access? Anyone got growth figures for internet/broadband access?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
As a lurker on this site I been wondering...Is this site formed by the C.I.A. or some other agency funded by the government?

Why?

Well this site makes sure that they have you marked the minute you subscribe. You IP address is in your confirmation letter in your email. Also if you remember in the book 1984 the hero gets caught because big brother puts programs in place as a facade to catch people in their vices.

Why wouldn't the gov. want sites like this where world populace mainly the U.S. can get on here and discuss conspiracies. And monitor how well the sheep are at keeping the black sheep inside the fence. When someone comes along who arent guided by the sheep. They are immediately deemed a villain. People are social beings who will follow the majority.

So if a group singles out one account then the others will to. As they would hate to be seen or known to have un-popular beliefs.

Why do I say mostly U.S. idk how often some users get on here. But when the united states is asleep in other words night time. This site is mainly dead. Yeah it's busy from time to time. But it's dead compared to the day. And it's really busy once all the children get out of school.

This also confirms suspicion. If you were gonna keep the flock in line you would target the young. Which is another ploy by big brother in 1984.

Really those who say they are "awake" need to read that book. Until then I don't think your as awake as you think you are.

top topics

join