It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone tell me why Phobos has lines on it and looks like it's been mined?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I just came across this story:
______beforeitsnews/story/539/387/Astrophysicist:_Giant_spaceships_are_orbiting_Mars.html&NL and though I don't think Phobos is a intergalactic spaceship lol I do wander about it being out of place and what are all the lines all over it? Much like our own moon there are more questions then answers about Phobos. Here is the wiki link for Phobos: en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: link?!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It has lines on it because of past impacts and it looks like it's been mined because you want to believe the impact craters are mines.

Other than your own wild imagination, there's nothing wrong with Phobos. You may want to read up to date news instead of crackpot 1960s ideas. Here you go:

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
That wiki provides you with sciences best guess. Not having a surefire answer does not implicate aliens. I suppose there is always the chance, but observation and physics seems to have suggested it is due to weak gravity and the orientation of the object.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Phobos is an artificially-created extraterrestrial satellite device (a "Death Star" if you will ... you will, won't you?), constructed and placed into orbit by an advanced extraterrestrial race to monitor little ol' us and screw with our weather and such.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
It has lines on it because of past impacts and it looks like it's been mined because you want to believe the impact craters are mines.

Other than your own wild imagination, there's nothing wrong with Phobos. You may want to read up to date news instead of crackpot 1960s ideas. Here you go:

www.universetoday.com...
I see the craters I'm talking about the straight lines all over it, tell me how an asteroid hit Phobos on one side then rolled around it to the other side and then fell off lol

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
Phobos is an artificially-created extraterrestrial satellite device (a "Death Star" if you will ... you will, won't you?), constructed and placed into orbit by an advanced extraterrestrial race to monitor little ol' us and screw with our weather and such.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. A billion years or so ago an interplanetary race of beings placed satellites in the orbits of several of the planets of our Solar System, including Mars. They were designed to monitor the planet for signs of evolved intelligence. Life on Mars never took off, however, and that satellite was mostly dismantled and the components shifted to Earth's moon, since things on Earth went much better. What you're seeing with Phobos is the remains of the structure of the interstellar drive unit after eons of decay, with the underlying structure as the lines, and the large crater as the ion exhaust cone.

The monitoring station on Earth's moon was destroyed millions of years ago, however, in an attack by another alien culture, and the only thing left now is some ruins and buried automated machinery on the far side.

Or Phobos might look the way it does because it's a captured asteroid from the Asteroid Belt, chewed up by meteor impacts.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The "lines" may be the result of Phobos passing through a dense debris-cloud...
I don't understand what you mean by "looks mined"... Care to elaborate?

I think the idea of Phobos being artificial in nature is very exciting and thought-provoking but NONE of us (atsers) have any real answers (so distrust those who tell you "what it is" like they know it from god or something)
Cool subject

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

I didnt see any signs of mining, i mean if it were, you would see something like in the movie "moon" with distinct 90 degree patches, almost like looking at a heavy agricultural area from the air.

to me it looks like glancing blows from impacts. not a direct hit, but enough to tear a chunk off in a straight line.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by esqONE
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

I didnt see any signs of mining, i mean if it were, you would see something like in the movie "moon" with distinct 90 degree patches, almost like looking at a heavy agricultural area from the air.

to me it looks like glancing blows from impacts. not a direct hit, but enough to tear a chunk off in a straight line.
Thanks but have you ever seen what a glancing blow looks like, a long crater almost just like a direct hit crater come on guys I see lines all over Phobos and if you look they even follow the terrain. Nothing that hits Phobos is going to leave a strait line over all the different terrain and it's not just one there are a bunch.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
That is one beat up rock.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I wholeheartedly agree, here are a couple of my very favourite shots for anyone who's interested, looks to me like a huge piece of designed metal covered in a thin layer of space dust, with a large area cleared by winds, its there, in full view for all to see, Something aint right with that potato

edit on 6-4-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Phobos is being steadily sucked into a future collision with Mars. It always reminded me of watching water being sucked down a drain in a little whirlpool. As for its weird mass/density, it may well have something to do with its mineral composition. If it's an alien spacecraft, it's not a very successful one, seeing as it's on a course for destruction! Also it's not really doing anything exciting, is it.

Although Phobos would a great place to send a manned space exploration mission to establish an observation base for further research on Mars. It's interesting in its own right, but certainly not an alien vessel.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It looks more like a gigantic head that was electrocuted to melt its skin over one of it's eyes and nearly melted his nose all the way off.

I actually knew a guy that looked similar to this, an old telephone pole climber for Ma-Bell that was electrocuted and lived, lived on workers comp. But he lost both of his eyes and nose but had two holes there, and he continued smoking cigarettes, his name was Charley, known as Charlie-no-face. He enjoyed being visited to drink beer and smoke pot, he was fully able to converse in great conversations, (that eventually came to the accident) what a trip when you are getting high during the 70's in high school talking to a guy like that!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
reply to post by Blue Shift

I wholeheartedly agree, here are a couple of my very favourite shots for anyone who's interested, looks to me like a huge piece of designed metal covered in a thin layer of space dust, with a large area cleared by winds, its there, in full view for all to see, Something aint right with that potato

edit on 6-4-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

Thank you sir for the awesome pictures, everyone get a good look at all the lines and tell everyone what you think made them??? I can tell you it was no inpact, you can see all the inpact craters all over Phobos but what the heck made all the ditches all over it? Thanks everyone
edit on 7-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join