It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Fuels for Everyone Powered by the Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Future Fuels for Everyone Powered by the Sun

www.nsf.gov

New scheme would use only sunlight, air and water to supply energy for cars, laptops, GPS systems
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
At the California Institute of Technology, they're developing a way to turn sunlight and water into fuel for our cars."--President Barack Obama. I hope the best for this but big oil will probably kill it in some way. Really it sounds like a way to help get away from oil but just one in a million ways that we find out about and then never hear about again.

www.nsf.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2011 by FarBeyondDriven69 because: ok I think I got it right this time?! sorry lol

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Public Relations, nothing more.

We've had viable alternative energy for over a decade now and yet we're still at the Gas stations pumping 50 bucks in every few days.

Big Oil has to be destroyed for alternative energies to break into reality.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Too much many left in oil for a real alternative to come forward....

I'm positive there is an alternative out there, they just havent found a way to profit enough off it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FarBeyondDriven69

that would be great if:

the sun shined the same amount for everyone in the conus at the same time for everyone however it doesnt

obama and the left created the clean air act that regulates the air you breath and the water you use and that includes co2 emissions already convered by the epa

federal and state governments telling you what you can or cant do with your own property.

but the gods in washington on their power trip this will never have the potential they think it does.
edit on 6-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There is one small problem with producing energy..

You have to have some place on the market to Sell it ..

Yes gas going up to 5 bucks a gallon..but what about that $50 laptop that has a teribite core and plasma screen and your phone that can just jack in the Inet ? You dont build them outa Alum lol..

Everything you look at (basically) is plastic .. it comes from oil.

Your phones..your lapies...Moniters,desks,boats,houses etc etc..

There is more fossil fuel all around you than you know .. And YOU WANT/Demand them from higher ups. LOL..

The cost of petrol is going up because We want the lighter smarter cool things that at the current output is draining the cost of Gas pumps IMHO..

Everyone wants the stuff.. we can make energy..we just have to make a better "transfer" Box that can use the energy.. Get it ?

You would bitch about oil costs..then bitch about how much it takes to make a battery box to house that Green solar/whatever energy ( that box is made from petrol based ).

Want the cake ? and want Green all the way ? .. someone tell me how you store Energy in a way that does not destroy Something !!

There is NO green containment for Energy .. Unless we all use candles at night..and horses to get our kids to school.

I dont think you know how much OIL is involved in your daily confortable "living"...

That is all for now..

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The Whore is ripe and has served her purpose well. When mortality shall put on immortality then all necessary changes will be enacted. The Masters have not completed their servitude as of present. He hath the strength of Joseph to create and resist desire and the wisdom of Solomon to find Her out. Is not the fury of Jehu within Him? Make His tree full that He may be bountiful unto Thee or art thou afraid of what thou hast created?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I agree with everyone of you, we all know why and whats doing it but are powerless to do anything about it without the rest of the world awakened to the truth. Thanks and good luck

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaduguru
T
Want the cake ? and want Green all the way ? .. someone tell me how you store Energy in a way that does not destroy Something !!

eerything we do has an impact on the enivnornment, even your thoughts. in industry they use life cycle analysis to determine if a product is env. friendly or not. a good way to store energy? hydrogen gas maybe..
kx

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
Really it sounds like a way to help get away from oil but just one in a million ways that we find out about and then never hear about again.

Since this research was an international collaboration, some country will use it. The US cannot continue to use 19th/20th cen energy sources for all its energy needs; we need a mix of energy sources, and 21st century energy sources! If we don't research and develop, others will.

So this time we'll hear about it again. Hopefully, not just being used in every nation but here.

Why would the GOP budget make severe cuts to the NSF? Do they not want the US to research and develop 21st cen energy technology? Is there a conspiracy to thwart such R&D? Maybe they want the military to R&D, as Defense $ will increase. Otherwise, why make us a weaker country? Do the status quo multi-national corporations that hold power in Washington want to squash R&D done by small businesses/science-tech entrepreneurs?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

The technology for alternative energy needs to advance for another couple of decades before the world can make the transition, specially because Capitalism has spread throughout the world.

I personally believe we will find something completely outside the box, and bang, it will be a slap to all the money and resources wasted on failed attempts to make Solar, Wind and other alternative energy sources the main energy source.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by P3ACE0WAR

The technology for alternative energy needs to advance for another couple of decades before the world can make the transition, specially because Capitalism has spread throughout the world.

I personally believe we will find something completely outside the box, and bang, it will be a slap to all the money and resources wasted on failed attempts to make Solar, Wind and other alternative energy sources the main energy source.
I hope and pray your right

top topics

join