It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do dinosauars fit in religon ??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Alright, first of all you want me to take a video made by an obviously biased company as your evidence?

How can anybody claim that there are description of dragons that match dinosaurs when we have no clue whatsoever what dinosaurs were actually like?

If they were really descriptions about dinosaurs, why wouldn't there be many stories about herbivorous dinosaurs since they were more prevalent tan carnivorous ones?

Why didn't they write any stories about their extinction?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
"GLN:3:5 In olden times, there were spawned great monsters and beasts in fearful form, with frightful gnashing teeth and long ripping claws; an elephant was but a rat in comparison with them. Then, because of heavenly rebellion and turmoil, and the terror overwhelming the hearts of men, The Great One hardened the face of the land, which had become unstable, and the beasts were changed to stone. This was beforetimes, when the Destroyer still slumbered in the upper vaults of Heaven."

kolbrin.blogspot.com...

thekolbrin.com...

This is the only reference too dinosaur like animals I can find.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Alright, first of all you want me to take a video made by an obviously biased company as your evidence?

Not exactly - but we'd be thrilled if you'd watch it for the perspectives presented, as well as the anecdotal evidence given. Truth can be found anywhere. We aren't saying the documentary is 100% correct, but I'll look for little bits of light wherever I can find it.

How can anybody claim that there are description of dragons that match dinosaurs when we have no clue whatsoever what dinosaurs were actually like?

We have fossils evidence as well as other research into how the dinosaurs lived, what they ate, etc. A lot can be derived from teeth and body structure otherwise. This statement falls somewhat flat, frankly.

If they were really descriptions about dinosaurs, why wouldn't there be many stories about herbivorous dinosaurs since they were more prevalent tan carnivorous ones?

There are - look into mokele-mbembe as well as the description of Behemoth in the bible (Job 40:15-24):
15 Behold now the behemoth that I have made with you; he eats grass like cattle.
16 Behold now his strength is in his loins and his power is in the navel of his belly.
17 His tail hardens like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are knit together.
18 His limbs are as strong as copper, his bones as a load of iron.
19 His is the first of God's ways; [only] his Maker can draw His sword [against him].
20 For the mountains bear food for him, and all the beasts of the field play there.
21 Does he lie under the shadows, in the cover of the reeds and the swamp?
22 Do the shadows cover him as his shadow? Do the willows of the brook surround him?
23 Behold, he plunders the river, and [he] does not harden; he trusts that he will draw the Jordan into his mouth.
24 With His eyes He will take him; with snares He will puncture his nostrils.

Why didn't they write any stories about their extinction?

Why didn't our ancestors write stories about the extinction of the mammoths?

Just food for thought - thanks for your input on this one, and be well.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Let me be a little clearer here than I have been so far. I don't necessarily believe one way or the other. On one hand, a lot of the science and research done on dinosaurs suggests that they've been extinct for millions of years. On the other hand, that being the mainstream opinion is enough reason to question it.

I just tend to play devil's advocate quite a bit, even if I don't mean to

One thing this thread reminded me of was the OOPART at Angkor Wat. Thread here.

There's likely far more to all of this than any of us realize.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Thanks for the thread, I've subscribed and will check it out (I *love* OOPARTS - you watch Ancient Aliens at all?).

Appreciate the response as well, I'm the eternal devil's advocate myself and believe there's all lot more than we know going on with pretty much everything.

Based on our current mainstream understanding of fossils and geology, you are correct as far as official knowledge goes.

Be well, friend.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Huh? Every source has a bias one way or another. I'll refer you to two very wise quotes from Herbert Spencer and Albert Einstein:

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is a proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance – that principle is condemnation before investigation."

Herbert Spencer

"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance." — Albert Einstein

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I watched the first few but I haven't had much time lately to watch the rest. It's always been a fascinating subject to me. It seems I can get to most of them online (legally for once :lol
so I need to make some time to get caught up.

reply to post by NOTurTypical

You have a terrible habit of picking out just one little bit of a post to try to argue over. Oh, and another bad habit of apparently not reading through the rest of a thread before replying.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Well, Praetorius answered adequately the other points in your previous post so I didn't feel it necessary to repeat it, I just gave him a star for his work and addressed the part of the post that I quoted.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

Sorry if it has been answered already but dinosaurs the word was made in the 1800's. Prior to that the word for the large animals was dragon, behemoth, leviathan.

Job 40:
[17] He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together

speaks of behemoth and God asks of Job who would have had to have seen such a creature about it.

Most Bibles claim that it is an elephant or a hippo but have you ever seen a tail like a cedar on those creatures?? NO
It has to be something larger.

Job 41:
[1] Canst thou draw out leviathan with an hook? or his tongue with a cord which thou lettest down?
[15] His scales are his pride, shut up together as with a close seal.
[16] One is so near to another, that no air can come between them.
[17] They are joined one to another, they stick together, that they cannot be sundered.

[19] Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.
[20] Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

This creature does not sound like something we see today.

There are the Inca stones that show man and dino together

Hyroglyphics in Iran that show a King being pulled by what appears to be triceratops.

Belwolf in England slaying dragons.

Stories of pterodactyl carrying away people in the Amazon as late as the early 1900's

Stories of a creature that resembles a Brontosaur in the Congo as late as the early 1900's

So believe what mainstream tells because they have the most money and look the best so they must be telling the truth as why would they lie to you just because they do not believe in God???

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

We have fossils evidence as well as other research into how the dinosaurs lived, what they ate, etc. A lot can be derived from teeth and body structure otherwise. This statement falls somewhat flat, frankly.

Sorry but fossils do not tell any thing, all conclusions are based upon hypothesis, and can not be proved.

The teeth of a panda look very much like a meat eater, YET they eat bamboo, hmmp. So you could tell this from one or two teeth several thousand years from now???

Dead bones only proved something lived and died, T-Rex was thought to stand one way when I was a child and now they say he stands another way, so you see they can not derive alot from these bones only hypothesis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join