It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second grader pepper sprayed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
www.9news.com...

Lakewood Police officers ordered the 8-year-old to "drop the stick." When he refused, they sprayed him with pepper spray twice until he dropped the piece of wood and was handcuffed.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenbullet56

You are a day late and a OP short.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm sure some people will still think that the police haven't overstepped thier boundaries, but seriously an 8 yr old kid DOES NOT need to be peppersprayed. He's 8 what's he going to do?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
old news now isnt it? kid was bad and out of control but should not have been pepper sprayed in my opinion. spanked yes, sprayed no.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

You are a day late and a OP short.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry I seached but found nothing, figured it should be in Social Issues.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Chock up another one for a stupid cop. I wish this would end but it never will I fear. I'll be glad when I retire so that this won't aggravate quite as much. Just try to keep in mind that this does not represent all cops, but yet, some will contend that it does.
Seeashrink (aka; Sarge)

edit on 6-4-2011 by seeashrink because: spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

I will be glad when you retire too, I could be wrong......but I feel that, while we will never be 100% in agreement.....that you are as sick about the actions of some of your "Brothers In Blue" as we are....but being close to retirement you have your family and pension to think of, so you hedge your words at times..........Like the response to me about what you would do if YOUR house was stormed by people that might or might NOT be police. That is OK.........I retired a few years ago and would have said the moon was a big UFO if it would have kept my pension.........And I mean none of this with disrespect

Now back to the topic.........

This story reminds me of the one where the 80ish? yearold bed ridden woman on an oxyagen tank was pepper sprayed. I guess the cops thought their lives where in danger...........lol

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

I cannot remember. Were you a cop?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Well, for what it's worth, I have never said anything on here that I felt threatened my career. I have had another cop on here try to tell me that if I worked for him I would be in trouble. Many of the things that I have revealed on here about police activities would upset a lot of cops. However, I have never felt the need to hide behind my badge. Right is right and wrong is wrong and it will always be that way no matter how anyone tries to pitch it.
There will always be bad cops and cop haters. Personally, I think that they deserve each other, one thrives off the other. In the mean time, I am going to continue to do my job as a fair, honest, cop.
Seeashrink

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

I am not a cop I am a Big Hairy Tattooed Biker........LOL.

As a rule I dont like cops.......not hate.....just dislike, But I have meet many that I have a lot of respect for.......and you remind me of them.

As a Biker, we share several of the same problems.......we both stand out in the crowd and we both suffer when one of our more braindead "Brothers" do something stupid. Every time they bust a Biker Meth Lab, or Chop Shop.......or one of the clubs kills a rivel club member or citizen........it makes it harder for me to ride free and unhassled...........

Just like every time some cops tazes an 80 yearold or pepper sprays an 8 year old, YOU loose respect and it makes your job harder and more dangerous. Like you I admit there are those among us whos actions make me cringe when I read about it.....knowing the next town I ride through will see me as the same.

Next time I am out east I would love to buy you a beer and we can swap war stories and othe lies.........LOL

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I was afraid of bikers in the 70's and 80's, but like you, I've learned not to always judge the book by it's cover. The Tarheel Stompers use to be a common sight around here with their guns strapped on their sides back then and scared people pretty good.
The community that I live and work in now is a lakeside community. It's popular route for bikers and we have hundreds of them come through the town in the summer. It's a little place called Badin, NC. Get down here sometime and I'll take you up on that drink. I've sworn off the booze so it will have to be tea or diet-pepsi...lol.
Seeashrink

top topics

join