It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just when you thought America and Libya couldn't get any zanier...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
...It just has! This administration and their cohorts in NATO have finally revealed the nature of the imperialist machine and the methods by which it wages war. From an article by Professor Michel Chossudovsky, titled "Our Man in Tripoli": US-NATO Sponsored Islamic Terrorists Integrate Libya's Pro-Democracy Opposition:

There are various factions within the Libyan opposition: Royalists, defectors from the Qadhafi regime including the Minister of Justice and more recently the Foreign Minister, Moussa Koussa, members of the Libyan Armed Forces, the National Front for the Salvation of Libya (NFSL) and the National Conference for the Libyan Opposition (NCLO) which acts as an umbrella organization.

Rarely acknowledged by the Western media, Al-Jamaa al-Islamiyyah al-Muqatilah bi Libya, the Libya Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG), is an integral part of the Libyan Opposition.

It would seem this Libya Islamic Fighting Group is tied to al-Qaeda:

Both the LIFG as an entity as well as its individual members are categorized by the UN Security Council as terrorists. According to the US Treasury: "The Libyan Islamic Fighting Group threatens global safety and stability through the use of violence and its ideological alliance with al Qaida and other brutal terrorist organizations" (Treasury Designates UK-Based Individuals, Entities Financing Al Qaida -Affiliated Libyan Islamic Fighting Group - US Fed News Service, February 8, 2006).

Does anyone remember when Gaddafi accused al-Qaeda of playing a roll in the protests?

Gaddafi Blames al-Qaeda for Revolt

Of course, the media ridiculed these statements. I can remember the slew of counterterrorism experts, parading across the TV, talking about how American intelligence analysts have not found a single bit of evidence linking al-Qaeda to the protests. Talk about disinformation at its finest!

Chossudovsky continues, discussing the connection between the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group and Western intelligence services:

"Former MI5 operative, David Shayler, revealed that while he was working on the Libya desk in the mid-1990s, British secret service personnel collaborated with the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG), which is connected to one of Osama bin Laden’s trusted lieutenants. LIFG is now considered a terrorist group in the United Kingdom." (Gerald A. Perreira, British Intelligence Worked with Al Qaeda to Kill Qaddafi, Global Research, March 25, 2011)

In October 2001, the head of Libyan Intelligence, Moussa Koussa, met Assistant U.S. Secretary of State William J. Burns. The Koussa-Burns encounter was of crucial importance. Present at the meetings were senior CIA and MI6 officials, including Sir John Scarlett, who at the time (October 2001) was head of the Joint Intelligence Committee (JIC) of the Cabinet, reporting directly to Prime Minister Tony Blair. The JIC oversees, on behalf of the British government, the setting of intelligence priorities for MI6, MI5 and Defense Intelligence.

"Our Man in Tripoli" Moussa Koussa was to perform the role of a double agent. In secret meetings with Sir John Scarlett, it was "agreed that a British agent could operate in Tripoli". (Libya defector Moussa Koussa was an MI6 double agent, Sunday Express, April 3, 2011)

Koussa, who defected to the UK in March of this year, had ties to the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, as indicated by this BBC blurb quoted in the article:

Noman Benotman, a friend of Libyan foreign minister Moussa Koussa, has told the BBC how he helped organise his defection from the Gaddafi regime.

Mr Benotman used to be a leader of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group but now works for the counter-extremism think tank the Quilliam Foundation.

Chossudovsky's conclusion?

The Western military alliance is supporting a rebellion integrated by Islamic terrorists, in the name of the "war on terrorism".

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Is this the western Imperialist's only game plan? My whole life I've been hearing this crap...isn't this Vietnam\Nicaragua\Iran\Pipelineistan all over again?

I know folks who consider themselves to be "peace loving liberals" who think Obama deserves his Peace Prize because he's doing his best to spread peace...good grief...what will historians write about this era? The era of propaganda? It's amazing to witness with your eyes wide open.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Thanks for providing such excellent information - in such an easy-to-read and logically sound presentation!

Amazing what they think they can tell us via the mainstream media. "No, there are no links to Al Quaeda - we are certain of it."

As you so aptly said:

Talk about disinformation at its finest!

edit on 6-4-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
i do not support the libya action for this simple reason within a decade one president was fighting islamic extremism ie al queda and now we have one president who is helping them.

i knew this was coming we have not learned a damn thing from this nations history
edit on 6-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Quadaffi was close friends with Idi Amin. In fact, Quadaffi's daughter was the Ugandan Dictator's wife for a short time.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i do not support the libya action for this simple reason within a decade one president was fighting islamic extremism ie al queda and now we have one president who is helping them.

i knew this was coming we have not learned a damn thing from this nations history
edit on 6-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Because we were never at war with Al-Queda. How can you be at war with a CIA Database?

OBL has been an ally. Alright he has posted a few vids ranting on about the U.S, but his family are best friends with the Bush family.

It's about the Oil always has been and they helping their allies out as you would expect in a conflict.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyJude
reply to post by neo96

Quadaffi was close friends with Idi Amin. In fact, Quadaffi's daughter was the Ugandan Dictator's wife for a short time.

Really? Weird stuff right there...was that during the time that Amin was tight with Golda Meir?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

dude you want to believe that nonsense feel free but do not try to push that nonsense on me.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

dude you want to believe that nonsense feel free but do not try to push that nonsense on me.

Push what on you pal? I'm not pushing anything on anyone, just merely stating what I know.

Why isn't OBL wanted for 9/11? Why isn't he wanted for deaths of U.S servicemen in Iraq? Dude it doesn't exist, sorry. I appreciate it is hard to accept. That it is hard to get your head around the fact you have been duped by the Government you mat well have voted for, but we have all been duped.

Do you really think they were going all out to find him in Afghanistan? I can tell you they never were. Just an excuse to build their pipeline.
edit on 6/4/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Someone336

Star and flag for this post, Someone336, Brought what TPTB had in the dark to light. War, and by that I mean war inclusively, is a business, like any other business our fearless leaders do on a daily basis. Think about this for a second, the banks lean money for wars, war is a very expensive business, after all. They lend money to both sides. Weapons are passed to the opposition, so they will be armed well enough to last for a few years, and in the end both sides owe money to the Central Bank. The Arms manufacturing industry borrows from the Central Bank for materials and sundries needed for the process, the manufactured weapons are then sold on the International market, or to whomever is willing to pay. During the war private security people makes a lot of money while there. Marines are guarded by private security firms. Other contractors build things for the military. No matter who "wins," you can see who really "WINS,"can't you now?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451
Really? Weird stuff right there...was that during the time that Amin was tight with Golda Meir?

After I think.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Star and flag for this post, Someone336, Brought what TPTB had in the dark to light. War, and by that I mean war inclusively, is a business, like any other business our fearless leaders do on a daily basis. Think about this for a second, the banks lean money for wars, war is a very expensive business, after all. They lend money to both sides. Weapons are passed to the opposition, so they will be armed well enough to last for a few years, and in the end both sides owe money to the Central Bank. The Arms manufacturing industry borrows from the Central Bank for materials and sundries needed for the process, the manufactured weapons are then sold on the International market, or to whomever is willing to pay. During the war private security people makes a lot of money while there. Marines are guarded by private security firms. Other contractors build things for the military. No matter who "wins," you can see who really "WINS,"can't you now?

My friend you are right once again. I always know when you post it is going to be something worth reading. Star from me.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Ive known all along that this "rebellion" has been instigated from the outside by the west using malcontents.

The difference is, I only had common sense and gut instinct and this guy has facts and details. Which I am incredibly grateful for. I cant wait to say "I told you so" to those moaners for freedom and democracy who have been supporting western terrorism and the overthrow of a sovereign #ing nation.

top topics

join