It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Appoints Royalty? And Why do we Bow Down?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Aren't all our leaders rich and have illusions of Kingmanship?

We get rid of the royals, lumbered with a president, throw him/her out ,a dictator. Maybe society has become to big for anything else

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GeminiSky

I've come across the theory that we may possess some collective consciousness/memory of a past globally traumatic event in mankind's history that has somehow become 'imprinted' in our genetic make up. It's certainly intriguing enough that I would not want to discount the possibility. I always like to remain open to ideas that explain (even partially) aspects of our reality.

Back to your original question:

A little over a decade ago, then Canadian Prime Minister Chretien took a pie in the face. I wonder what would set apart the individual who had no qualms about doing this from the individual who would have been horrified by this act only because they feel that a nation's leader must be accorded a certain level of respect regardless of his/her performance in that leadership role?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I agree with what you're saying, I've had similar thoughts before. It is somewhat laughable how clearly flawed this method of rule is. As countries started getting more settled, and cultured, and diplomacy became the order of the day, I think the use of King's and Queen's went out of the window. To me it's just an unneccesary title these days, they're more like celebrities. Surely it will fizzle out eventually? I don't wanna see Prince Harry and Prince William's little brat kids on pedestal's as if they're better than my own family.

Also, there is the possibility that a lot of what we read as the history of royal family's etc is just fabricated to make us accept things as they are. Who's to say that some super villain didn't rise to power in 1300 and then edit the history to say that there'd always been kings and queens.

<< 1  2   >>

join