It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Cutting Education?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I'm a 4th year undergraduate student and I simply cannot comprehend the idea of liberals cutting education when it's such a small government purchase when compared to things like welfare and military spending.

There's a SMART grant for science oriented 3rd and 4th year undergrads that has been cut by this administration.

It's $4000 per year and would cover relatively huge part of my tuition, but they're cutting it.

ALL BECAUSE IT'S TAKING UP $8 BILLION. In other news, "Obama invests $3.4 billion in energy grids."

This stupid # government probably loses $80 billion per year due to the toxic assets bought from AIG and banks.

Obama got into office BECAUSE OF YOUNG PEOPLE. These young people have their own interests and so far, Obama's administration has disappointed them in almost every possible fashion.

I know that welfare is inefficient, but I DON'T CARE. I WANT MY MONEY. I Voted you into office so I could get money LOL.

edit on 4/6/2011 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My ideal world spends

$0 on Military
$0 on Welfare
$1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 on Education.

Of course as long as there are leftists (welfare) and rightists (military) money continues to be wasted.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
As they are cutting all this spending, taking away education & medical from those who need it most because they are out of money.

Has anyone took a look at what their local government is getting paid, look for your Governor 2009-2010 pay. I don't see them tightening their belts dropping their insurance taking a pay cut.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
They're cutting support for people who really needs the money. People who have no way to earn money nowadays.

new topics

top topics

join