It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gov't Shutdown that will occur and why its BS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Good Day to all you ATS Members,

I just came across this article regarding how a gov't shutdown is inevitable, and I don't buy a single word from it.

What a Gov't Shutdown Means to you.

The ongoing standoff in Washington over the federal budget is now less than three days away from its deadline, with Republicans and Democrats still locked in disagreement in the House of Representatives. If the parties can't pass a spending plan by the end of Friday, money will stop flowing from federal coffers, and the government will start to shut down on Saturday.

The Gov't has pleanty of money to afford operations still going on in Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia, its over 200 bases, and god knows were the CIA is at right. It has the money to give to Banks, Corporations, and Allied Countries of a less reputable nature

Yet, we hear that the gov't is shutting down???? Are you freaking kidding me!!! What the Federal Reserve Can't Print Money quick enough??? They make water into wine, paper into gold...

For any Vetern ATS member this can only mean one thing... Marshall Law...

They have the ability to print money or make fake loans whenever they want, It's the reason American has such terrible inflation and debt. Yet not enough to run the country???, More went to Banks and Corporations in 08' that pay no taxes than a fiscal years budget for all the States in the USA

In fact there should be no reason why we borrow money from other countries, its all a sham. WE CAN MAKE OUR OWN MONEY AND CALL IT GOLD. Also, The 2008 Financial Crisis was the biggest robbery that was ever perpetrated on the American People, and what was done??? We gave the criminals Billions and Billions of Tax Payer money. WTF

These Financial Terrorist have to be stopped... I mean, do you consider how many people lost their life savings???, I'm talking Baby Boomers and everyone else saving up for retirement... I know I'm not the only one mad about this, but it doesn't make any sense... If the Gov't is to shutdown, its for the bringing of the destruction of your most important document, The Bill of Rights.

I'm not trolling or a fearmonger, but when you see such BS. Its obvious that we no longer even have a gov't for the people... Were the Corporations Bitch (Pardon the Language, but necessary) and we've all become despensible property.

Anyways, sorry for the long Rant, just pissed because its a slap in the face to any tax paying Citizen here in the US and to any man that has pride in being an American, a characteristic found less and less as time goes on.

edit on 4/6/2011 by FoxStriker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
i couldn't agree with you more,
2nd line as i am burned out with b.s

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Couldn't agree more with your rant but the next to last paragraph of yours you state a government for the people?? When have we ever had a government "for the people"???

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
abcnews.go.com... the link

Troops Won't Receive Paycheck if Government Shuts Down
like they will fight with out pay ya right, see it now" you get payed when UNCLE SAM gets payed" when in two years if that?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Agreed. Is it bad that I'm actually rooting for this to happen? I feel it's a step in the right direction towards real changes... positive ones. Once the sleepers start to wake up about this, more awareness of what's really going on with become apparent.

Read the CNN stock report. It's hilarious!

"The market seems to be quite resilient," said Brian Gendreau, market strategist at Financial Network, an advisory firm based in El Segundo, Calif. "This is a reflection of evidence that the economy is gaining strength, and signs that the corporate sector is doing quite well."

money.cnn.com...

I like how they state our possibly sliding back into a recession. ?????????????? Uhhhhhhhh..... I thought that is where we have been for awhile now?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Showing my support by agreeing with you. Unless you live in a community small enough where everybody knows your name, what you do, and gives a sh** about you, and so on . . . Well, you could be S.O.L.

Money is a fantasy game of monopoly, the real value is in knowledge. If knowledge and teachers could be distributed worldwide and freely, the world could be a much better place. I am somewhat of a Roddenberry idealist, I admit.

Petty things like money could be put aside in the pursuit of knowledge and discovery for human advancement. And love. I like love too.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yea we don't even have a government anymore, we just have two parties trying to blame problems they've created on each other. To better their chances of getting elected again. To hold onto that power a little longer.
The masses are just brought into this b/c they are the sheep who put these idiots in charge. The founding fathers are riverdancing in their graves.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

And for anyone who remembers the government shutdown of 1995, we know this line is complete and total twaddle.

Sorry, Martial law (thats how you spell it btw) didn't happen then, and it ain't happening this time.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

And for anyone who remembers the government shutdown of 1995, we know this line is complete and total twaddle.

Sorry, Martial law (thats how you spell it btw) didn't happen then, and it ain't happening this time.

However THIS time we are faced with a completely different scenario. Our conscience as a whole is on a completely different level. The corruption is far more apparent and the way they dodge accusations could be better orchestrated by a 7yo girl..... when you just KNOW they are lying.

My disclaimer to the above statement is that I was merely graduating HS at the time of the last shutdown, so I did not really pay any mind to the factors that went into it. I do feel that collectively, the people are awakening at a much faster pace as of recent. This HAS to have them browning their shorts a little.... hence maybe even a softer form of Martial Law at first.

Give an inch... they take a mile!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
You all realize that your local governments will still function just fine, right? This "shut down" thange is almost routine. I wish the states would just call the fed's bluff and walk away. Too bad it won't stay down.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

You're right. And the bottom line is that people will have to wait even longer for lots of govt. services and be more inconvenienced in the process. People like me who work for a certain govt. agency will be sent home without pay and people who I help in the industry I service will be frustrated by the hold-ups they will face and in the meantime not being able to generate income themselves.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is staged political theatre but it does illuminate the problem of the looming debt crisis.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm curious... so if the government shuts down, federal workers are sent home without a job until the budget is back on top... would there be any repercussions for them just not showing back up when it's reactivated?

Maybe now is the time that those workers can go from federal to private sector employees, and a big boom in business for private sectors? How would the government react to that? This could be a good thing about the whole mess... that and maybe they'll finally disband the non-essential departments we've become so dependent on for no reason.

Guess I'm lucky I already got all my returns and most of my friends. Feel bad for the military personnel... hopefully doesn't affect my brother too much =\

Again though this is a Democrat vs. Republican fight... no word from the people. Yet we will all be affected.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
and it could happen this time www.cnn.com... the tea party is gung ho about this from the link

"I'm not the slightest bit worried about a government shutdown," Tea Party supporter Robin Maas said at a March 31 rally in Washington. "I think we find out that there are many things government does that we really don't need to keep this country going. And a government shutdown would actually save us some money."
so there could be a shut down, but no marshal law, for how would they fund it?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This might sound really stupid, but you say it's shutting down, are you being serious to the words? As in, it's actually shutting down?

Jamie

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think many are focusing on the wrong points!!!

The gov't has money, they just rather use it for their own agendas, such as wars, secret projects, corporations, and personal use....

what you should be asking is why would you have to shutdown a gov't that has plenty of money to use except on the people that give it to them?

AND I'M TALKING ABOUT CIVILIAN DEPARTMENTS, THE ONES WE ACTUALLY USE AND NEED!!!

Please understand, I'm not trolling, I'm stating why many here are ok with this? its BS.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Maybe. This is a big maybe. You guys wont even have internet. Good time if any for your goverment to block internet. Hmmmmm.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'd like to see what others have to say about this.

join