It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Importance of the Way you Wake up.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenVisage

I've had the same problem for as long as I can remember. I have to have t.v. or raidio on to fall asleep, it distracts my constant thinking.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I like to wake up slowly, with birds chirping outside my window. And the rays of the sun caressing my cheek, as the smell of grass drifts in throught the window.

The suns fingers wake me up, and for me that is how it should be. Nature should wake us up, that way our spirit or subconcous mind has time to reconnect with nature, and with our own body, relaxing and slow.

When waking up in this fashion, i feel recharged and energized for the day. But when woken up instantly, i fell groggy and lethargic.

VVV

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Damn man, that was poetic.

You remind me of a time I experienced an amazing wake up in the morning.

One time I was bored so I took a road trip. After a while I decided to find a nice spot to pull over so I could sleep a couple hours before I drove again. This was at about 2am. So I found a nice tree to park under, and made a makeshift bed in my backseat.

I sleep very peacfully, under the protection of my new tree friend.

I dream of two suns... I see two bright suns...

I wake up. Only one sun. But it was still magnificent.

Made me think of a theory. It is said sungazing at morning or eveningtime, you can stimulate your pineal gland.

So imagine if you wake up naturally, the sun going into your eyes in the morning is really giving you a boost to your pineal gland right as you wake up.

Do you see the beauty in that?

Incredible.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Haha funny you mention...I find when I'm woken up while having a dream, I believe for about 10-20 seconds I'm still in the dream. A real trip sometimes...Not being able to tell a dream from reality.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Sounds like PTSD... it can happen from childhood drama, and even further down the dissociative scale depending on the traumas.

I have PTSD.

piano

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

That is so true. Lately, especially, I can feel the difference between the peaceful, "Oh, I'm awake, my alarm is not going off for a few minutes, now is my time to relax," and the hectic "Ahh! I slept through twenty minutes of my alarm and am going to be late!!!"

Seraph

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Oh, I forgot to add my reply.... lol

Solar,

I try to wake up slowly every day. When I realize I'm waking, I try to take time and remember as much of the dream as I can before I allow myself to fully awaken, open my eyes, and begin my day.

If you write them down (I see you already do) and talk to others about them you will amaze yourself in your ability to understand and analyze your own dreams. Talk to others about them, more than just writing them down, can lead to some amazing insights.

We are every person in our dreams, if we keep that in mind and be totally honest with ourselves we can come to some amazing self awarenesses.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I am addicted somewhat to going back to sleep after partial waking. I can continue to go back to sleep for hours pressing the snooze button on my radioalarmclock every nine minutes. So the corroloary I think is also true, that it's important to have a decisive wake up time, because when you continue to go back to sleep, however comfy cozy it is, it can leave you grokky and without the vital energy needed to face the day and meeting head-on whatever challenges need meeting. Not being willing to wake up promptly on time sends the signal of an unwillingness to participate vigorously in waking life.

Today I ought to have got up and even had an awakening just before the alarm went off, but did the sleeping in ruitine, and blew off the first half of the day. This afternoon... didn't get much done, and don't feel the usual sense of accomplishment.

But at the time, it's oh so nice to go back to sleep, back to sleep, it really is like an addiction of sorts.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
There've been a lot of responses in the philosophical realm about the spirit and soul, so here's a response from the psychological/scientific realm.

I'm sure most of you have heard of the REM cycle, but if you haven't, it is an approximately 90 minute cycle during sleep where you are in a deep sleep during the middle parts, and in a lighter sleep at the beginning and end parts, and it is usually at the end part when you dream.

Waking up in the middle of the REM cycle is a shock to the body because the body was in a deep sleep. If someone forcefully wakes you up he is probably disturbing your REM cycle, and this can cause drowsiness and a general feeling of incomplete rejuvenation.

There are also cycles called circadian rhythyms, and these are sleep cycles that encompass the whole day. A good circadian rhythym is one in which you sleep 8 hours at night because the night is the most rejuvenating sleep period. There are 2 main dips in the circadian rhythym cycle, and these are at night and right after lunch, and these are when it is best to sleep because it is when you are most tired. If you take a nap during the day, it is best for your circadian rhythym if you do it early morning or early afternoon when you are naturally tired. Naps should be 15 minutes or 90 minutes... 15 minutes because that is not enough time to enter the REM cycle, or 90 minutes because that allows you to complete a full REM cycle.

If you don't have a consistent circadian rhythym cycle, you won't be getting the most out of sleep, so drowsiness and tiredness may happen constantly as a result of sleep deprivation.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

If you don't own the house, then you can not demand boundries as such. You are a guest, unless you pay money for the space.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join