It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Importance of the Way you Wake up.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Okay, so this is a topic that basically just happened to me.

I was deep in sleep, enjoying nice dreams, when I hear a family member's voice. "WAKE UP!"

I was startled awake, and damn, I remembered today was a day where I had to drive said family member to work, super early in the morning. It was the only way I could have the car for the day.

So I'm groggy and still half asleep, and just not a good start to my day. So I take my family member to work, which is a quick drive, but still, when you just wake up, it is just like grrrrrr.. let me sleeeeep.

So anyway, made it back home, and thinking back to earlier, having to wake up that quickly and abrubtly simply isn't the best way to wake up.

So there is the anecdote. Now for the discussion.

I remember reading a book once, and it said how when you sleep, your consciousness/spirit goes off and journeys out of the physical body. So when you are woken up suddenly, your conciousness gets forcefully zipped back to your body, and it isn't good. You may notice when you get woken up like this, you don't feel like you're all there. This may be true. When your spirit or whatever you want to call it is off in some other land doing its thing, and then is zoomed back to your body, it is possible that your entire spirit doesn't all go back at once. It may take time until the full power of the spirit is returned to the body.

Hope that makes sense. I would love to hear your input on waking up and how it affects your entire day.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

i agree, i consistantly get rude awakenings by my friend every morning and it really ruins the day, so im basically always irritable,i stay with him and his parents for various reasons but he throws tantrums if i dont jump every time he tells me to like,clean the room or whatever as soon as i wake up,while his room remains a pig stye and mine is no where close to that, i think when u get rude awakenings frequently it triggers some sort of primal instinct after so many jolts and annoyances,and i noticed it causes a multitude of issues, one is i dont want to be alone but am now starting to dislike the presence of people,like a whipped dog,another thing is people demand all these boundaries from you but dont think they should respect yours

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You make an excellent point.

I'd agree that on days when you awake abruptly, those tend to be days that just don't seem right.

Cool thought and a good post.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Sometimes it happens to me and my heart races for a little while, best solution though is to go to bed early so you have a better chance of a full 8 hours. Sounds lame but it works.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Ah yes you reminded me of the saying,

"He must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning."

I've always liked that saying, and it is very relevant to this thread.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yes I know what you mean. When I get woken up abruptly, its like the instincts kick in and I'm like "whats going on???" and I breathe heavy and am overall dazed and confused for a few moments.

Imagine if you were an animal sleeping out in the wilderness. If you were woken up abruptly, you would be in a panic mode and be looking around for predators and such. I'm sure some of those instincts have been passed onto us. Makes sense to me. That's really interesting.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Definitely connect with you on this.
I have made conscious attempts to check how the day goes when i do different things as soon as i wake up.
And the results are very shocking & consistent with each method.

Even a small activity such as drinking a glass of water the moment you wake up, changes the way the 'day behaves'

And i make it a point to my wife that she wake me with lotsa love and happiness every morning & indeed it proves to be a better day!

Nice post SolarE-Souljah

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I remember months if not weeks ago where I would sleep from 4 am to noon time. Ever since I started working out and eating right my sleep habits have improved little by little. I can now go to sleep before 1 am and wake up around 9 or so. I don't even drink coffee when this happens and I feel a lot more energetic then before. I guess when it all comes down to it when you treat your body good it can do some amazing things.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think the groggy feeling is from your body and mind not getting its full rest, being in a deep sleep and being jarred awake. Cut short if you will. I'm not sure I subscribe to the idea that your consciousness actually leaves your body and it being not all present when you are suddenly awoken.

I just think it inhabits another part of your brain otherwise not accessed until REM sleep. Good thread though sol, you never know I guess.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I totally agree!

I know when I'm woken abruptly my brain automatically thinks EMERGENCY! Then I'm in a bad mood haha

The other night my boyfriend came home and like 4am and was loud and I woke up in that fashion. And at first, it feels I can't comprehend the word coming out of his mouth. It then turned to him asking me "are you mad at me?" ahah!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I agree.
Back in the days when I relied on an alarm clock to wake up I used a Clock Radio with a CD player. I found a song that started out quiet and built up slowly over around 30 seconds or so before it broke into another part of the song that was pretty loud. Usually, I woke up during the build up. The loud part was more about having insurance that I wouldn't sleep through it.

Now most of the time I wake up about 5 minutes or so before the alarm goes off. Guess I've programed by biological clock to keep track well enough to keep me from being startled in the mourning. 99% of the time I get up on my own. Only time I hear an alarm is when I change the time I have to get up.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Its strange that you should mention the spirit being in its own world doing its own thing part. As i have often wondered if thats what the dream world is. You get similar results when under the influence of '___' or the spirit mollecule as its been called. I dont think you leave part of your spirit behind and it has to catch up with you later. Simply because there are times when you need to wake up quickly, like if theres a fire and you need to escape.

I do believe that you leave unfinnished business, or unseen messages and thats where the feelings detachment come from. Your soul wants to continue the sceduled journey while you have to fight to keep your senses sharp in the real world.

Something along those lines anyway
I could just be rambling again.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal
Your soul wants to continue the sceduled journey while you have to fight to keep your senses sharp in the real world.

That is a fantastic way to put it. The main reason I was so irked this morning is because I was right in the middle of a very important dream and I did not get to see the conclusion.

The dream world is definitely just as important as waking life in my opinion.

Before I go to sleep, I always like to say, "dream productively."

Sometimes a good night of sleep and dreams will put my mind where it needs to be. I always think of sleep as a deep meditation.
edit on 6-4-2011 by SolarE-Souljah because: added some more.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Flagged, this is a subject I fully agree with.

The importance of a healty sleep routine, is one treasure greatly underestimated by many.

If you or anyone else, rembers the book about soul traveling during sleep, please let me know.
Intrested in reading more about the theory

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal
Your soul wants to continue the sceduled journey while you have to fight to keep your senses sharp in the real world.

That is a fantastic way to put it. The main reason I was so irked this morning is because I was right in the middle of a very important dream and I did not get to see the conclusion.

The dream world is definitely just as important as waking life in my opinion.

Before I go to sleep, I always like to say, "dream productively."

Sometimes a good night of sleep and dreams will put my mind where it needs to be. I always think of sleep as a deep meditation.
edit on 6-4-2011 by SolarE-Souljah because: added some more.

Thats Quite possible. I often try to annalyse and interpret my own dreams to see what message, if any they may contain. While some do translate in to things that i need to deal with in the real world. Others leave me with the sensation that my soul itself has been recharged and that those particular dreams had a meaning or function that go's beyond what im capable of understanding yet. They just preform some kind of balancing or recharging funtion that keeps me from going insane. Either way i find them to be very important. Even if its just to sit and contemplate something more than myself for a while.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I am very satisfied about this thread and its replies so far.

It seems like sleep is a very important thing to you all as well.

Sleep is so cool. I actually enjoy sleeping. You know?

Seems like people don't talk about sleeping that much, but it is truly important.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I can appreciate disliking being rudely or shrilly jarred from sleep. Another poster mentioned a room-mate that does this regularly and treats them like a dog on a leash. I wonder if there is some lingering discontentment behind this type of behavior, it is a poor way to treat a friend or relative.

My mother is mentally ill. She delighted in waking her children with a shrill scream that was ear piercing. As a boy I regularly heard her threaten us all with having a bucket of cold water thrown upon us if we didn't rise immediately from sleep at her call.

Over the years I finally learned the hard way how important proper rest is. Prolonged lack of proper sleep will effect your entire being in a negative fashion. These days I am very pro-nap.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't actually have anything to add myself.. some great replies thus far.

Just wanted to say I enjoy your threads, they're not overly long but they're always interesting and to the point.
(the ones I've seen at least)

So...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I swopped my alarm clock for 3 beautiful cats a few years ago when I said goodbye to the rat race.

I sleep like a baby and drowse before I fully awake. Heaven on earth.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Makes sense.

I've been having really crazy dreams again lately and when I wake up, it feels like it's not real....
Sometimes in the morning I'm not sure if I'm still dreaming or if my surroundings are 'the real world'. It gets pretty hectic when you are physically and mentally exhausted after after waking up from a full nights sleep.

This also reminds me of that 'falling' feeling you get just before you fall asleep...Some say it's your soul leaving your body....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join