It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck being phased OUT at FOX (apologies if already posted)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
His daily show is being cancelled and he will be doing a weekend show and special reports.
Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Beck and I know his viewership has declined sharply, but I've not found anything to support the fact that he's being phased out? .. I saw some blog posts from people making claims based on "reliable sources" and one citing a source at the new york times.. but aside from these rumor mill style posts, I've seen nothing to support that..

If Fox were smart they WOULD phase him out.. but are they really? where's your source?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thank you, Satan. Thank you!! That's all I have to say.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Glenn Beck and FOX News Call it Quits

I think it's a good idea for FOX. Beck is an extremist and paranoid, IMO

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Glenn Beck and FOX News Call it Quits

I think it's a good idea for FOX. Beck is an extremist and paranoid, IMO

That's a much better source than any I found, I guess I can cheer now!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wow. Apparently, you CAN lie too much on FOX..........

but Im sure Beck will let us all know how it was a grand leftist conspiracy that started with George Soros. If we are lucky, he will show us what he means by spelling it out for us on his condescending chalkboard.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
He accomplished his mission which was to stir the pot, by creating whisper campaigns and generalized fear and anger towards the "left". He was Psy-ops for Murdoch and the corporate elite... Now a days, the right is attempting to appear mainstream, this makes Beck is a liability. He started his extreme insanity JUST as OBAMA CAME INTO POWER, he exits right when the next campaign ramps up, I would bet my ass on this motive, I have watched the entire fiasco very carefully.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
He needs to devote more time to preparing his underground bunker. I'm not sure whether I'm joking, or not. Be that as it may, if I had an underground bunker I'd be finishing up stocking and provisioning it as well. But that's another kettle of wax...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I heard it on Infowars and he sourced the Drudge Report. His ratings are down 35% and I think he was stepping on toes......

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I knew it was coming.....he has gone off the deep end I think. Lately he sounds more like a preacher and waaaay too over dramatic. Just too "out there" for me.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
more info in this now closed thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What you see on this thread is an example of Sorros in action.

The other day, Media Matters said it was going to use guerrilla warfare and sabotage, to try and drive Glenn Beck off the air.

Apparently, falsehoods about Beck didn't work, so they decided to plunk down millions and pay nearly 100 geniuses to come up with a new plan. Pathetically, this is what they come up with today:

Beck Pretends His Shows Are Not In "Decline"

In this sad piece of what they try to pass off as journalism, they say: (Glenn Beck) he has lost more than 1 million viewers over the last year They have nothing to back it up, no figures, no Nielsen ratings, just the headline. Is this what they call sabotage? Could it be that they are playing guerrilla warfare with little plastic green army men, like on Toy Story: Man Down! Man Down! Code Red! Recon Plan Beck!

Here are ratings for The Glenn Beck Program for a few dates last year:
* Friday, April 2, 2010 Advertisement Glenn Beck – 2,028,000 viewers
* April 18, 2010 Glenn Beck – 1,989,000 viewers
* Friday, April 30, 2010 Glenn Beck – 2,017,000 viewers
* July 2010 Glenn Beck – 2,208,000 viewers

And from there on, leading up to his Restoring Honor Rally on 8/28/2010, the numbers grew bigger. Last Friday, Glenn Beck's show on the Federal Reserve produced this number, even on a Friday, one of the worst television viewing night in ratings: Friday March 25, 2011 Glenn Beck – 1,959,000 viewers

www.examiner.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Beck has been a big promoter of gold on his show. Certainly good advice from $700 since it has now more than doubled during his show;s tenure on Fox (altho I got sick of those constant gold ads by G. Gordon Liddy and Goldline, the later who preyed on dumbos to sell them overpriced foreign bullion related gold as "numismatic" coins at hefty premiums). The question now is......could Beck;s defacto departure mark an intermediate top in gold?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
FYI it was Beck's call to leave. He isn't being phased out.

Fox would never say bye-bye to 2.2 million viewers in the 5pm time slot.

Becker

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

I heard it was Roger's call.....why would Glenn give up the big bucks then? Or was it after one of those corporate discussions when they talk about dismissing you and then ask for your input and you say "I quit anyway."??????

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Its 1.9m viewers. He was at 2.9 in January. He's lost one million in a few months and they havn't come back.

I'm sure Fox wants to make the most money possible and if they think they can make more with someone else in that slot they will.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

That's because of what I mentioned....I used to watch his show....until the past 6 months. It's like he became a fanatic.....it just made me want to change the channel when he would start ranting paranoia. He began acting .....well....crazy
That's why he lost all those viewers....he is obssessed to the point that he started sounded silly.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
He was placed at FOX News to make sure Obama received bad press, and now that Obama found himself between a rock and hard place, Glenn Beck is no longer needed.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Doesn't sound to me like he is being "phased out". It sounds to me like he wants to devote more time to other projects. It also sounds like Beck and Fox will continue to have a close relationship:

FOX News and Mercury Radio Arts announce new agreement
Wednesday, Apr 6, 2011 at 1:15 PM EDT

FOX NEWS AND MERCURY RADIO ARTS ANNOUNCE NEW AGREEMENT

NEW YORK— FOX News and Mercury Radio Arts, Glenn Beck’s production company, are proud to announce that they will work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the FOX News Channel (FNC) as well as content for other platforms including FOX News’ digital properties. Glenn intends to transition off of his daily program, the third highest rated in all of cable news, later this year.

Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of FOX News said, “Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody’s standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him.”

Glenn Beck said, “I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and FOX News. I cannot repay Roger for the lessons I’ve learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership.”

Joel Cheatwood, SVP/Development at FOX News, will be joining Mercury Radio Arts effective April 24, 2011. Part of his role as EVP will be to manage the partnership and serve as a liaison with FOX News.

Ailes said, “Joel is a good friend and one of the most talented and creative executives in the business. Over the past four years I have consistently valued his input and advice and that will not stop as we work with him in his new role.”

“Glenn Beck” is consistently the third highest rated program on cable news. For the 27 months that “Glenn Beck” has aired on FOX News, the program has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 563,000 viewers 25-54 years old, numbers normally associated with shows airing in primetime, not at 5pm. “Glenn Beck” has dominated all of its cable news competitors since launch.

www.glennbeck.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join