It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
The other day, Media Matters said it was going to use guerrilla warfare and sabotage, to try and drive Glenn Beck off the air.
Apparently, falsehoods about Beck didn't work, so they decided to plunk down millions and pay nearly 100 geniuses to come up with a new plan. Pathetically, this is what they come up with today:
Beck Pretends His Shows Are Not In "Decline"
In this sad piece of what they try to pass off as journalism, they say: (Glenn Beck) he has lost more than 1 million viewers over the last year They have nothing to back it up, no figures, no Nielsen ratings, just the headline. Is this what they call sabotage? Could it be that they are playing guerrilla warfare with little plastic green army men, like on Toy Story: Man Down! Man Down! Code Red! Recon Plan Beck!
Here are ratings for The Glenn Beck Program for a few dates last year:
* Friday, April 2, 2010 Advertisement Glenn Beck – 2,028,000 viewers
* April 18, 2010 Glenn Beck – 1,989,000 viewers
* Friday, April 30, 2010 Glenn Beck – 2,017,000 viewers
* July 2010 Glenn Beck – 2,208,000 viewers
And from there on, leading up to his Restoring Honor Rally on 8/28/2010, the numbers grew bigger. Last Friday, Glenn Beck's show on the Federal Reserve produced this number, even on a Friday, one of the worst television viewing night in ratings: Friday March 25, 2011 Glenn Beck – 1,959,000 viewers
FOX News and Mercury Radio Arts announce new agreement
Wednesday, Apr 6, 2011 at 1:15 PM EDT
FOX NEWS AND MERCURY RADIO ARTS ANNOUNCE NEW AGREEMENT
NEW YORK— FOX News and Mercury Radio Arts, Glenn Beck’s production company, are proud to announce that they will work together to develop and produce a variety of television projects for air on the FOX News Channel (FNC) as well as content for other platforms including FOX News’ digital properties. Glenn intends to transition off of his daily program, the third highest rated in all of cable news, later this year.
Roger Ailes, Chairman and CEO of FOX News said, “Glenn Beck is a powerful communicator, a creative entrepreneur and a true success by anybody’s standards. I look forward to continuing to work with him.”
Glenn Beck said, “I truly believe that America owes a lot to Roger Ailes and FOX News. I cannot repay Roger for the lessons I’ve learned and will continue to learn from him and I look forward to starting this new phase of our partnership.”
Joel Cheatwood, SVP/Development at FOX News, will be joining Mercury Radio Arts effective April 24, 2011. Part of his role as EVP will be to manage the partnership and serve as a liaison with FOX News.
Ailes said, “Joel is a good friend and one of the most talented and creative executives in the business. Over the past four years I have consistently valued his input and advice and that will not stop as we work with him in his new role.”
“Glenn Beck” is consistently the third highest rated program on cable news. For the 27 months that “Glenn Beck” has aired on FOX News, the program has averaged more than 2.2 million total viewers and 563,000 viewers 25-54 years old, numbers normally associated with shows airing in primetime, not at 5pm. “Glenn Beck” has dominated all of its cable news competitors since launch.