It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please take this advice: Be careful what you tell others.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

You're right on.

However, I make it a big priority of mine to help others when needed. This moral of mine (possibly one that puts me at a disadvantage, I dunno) would likely be challenged a LOT in a SHTF scenario, but I still plan to stick to it.

That doesn't mean I'm going to tell everyone to pile up at my house if TS does HTF, not at all. Only my friends and family know what I research and how I prep (and I've enlisted them, they're informed and understand the risks of the world and the plans of action we should play out in case of emergencies). The only other people I mildly discuss these matters with are the people on ATS. I've never once told anyone outside my clique about my preps.

It's true. Don't paint a target on your head.

The only struggle I have with this is that I enjoy getting involved in activism (haven't been able to much yet, but that's only because of awkward financial transitions right now). I'm talking about Alex Jones-like activism. Yeah, it would be hard not to be targeted when you're putting yourself out there like that.

Also, this is one of the few reasons I don't understand the show Doomsday Preppers. They show so many people across the nation, their security, their food supply, the layout of their homes, and how many people their supply can support, along with every measure of their security... AND all their hideouts.

I wonder how the hell those people plan to survive doomsday when everyone in America knows where they live, how many people live there, how to get in and out of the place, their food and water supply, their security measures, their weapon supply, and their hideouts.

The funny thing is that a lot of them stress how important it is to keep silent about their preps... while they broadcast their own on national television.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join