It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US atom smasher may have found new force of nature

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
as an ad hoc theory
there could be a mass less particle interaction instead of an up/down particle interaction
this could be a particle that effects the jets but is not inniliated by the process
purely speculation by me no proof
just having fun trying to understand the spike in tev

hot dark matter in a sub atomic form?
gravaton particle adding spin force to the interaction?
some other new particle that only interacts with the ww/w/z particles when colision occours

i could speculate all day lol

xploder

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord
reply to post by XPLodER

I think to put this in layman's terms what was said is:

"We saw something we didn't expect, are not sure what it is, but if it is true we were wrong about some basic assumptions."

"Now lets go figure it out!"

Does that sound about right to everyone?

you really have a way with words lol
a small spike in a narrow range of Tev that is unexpected for the known particles

thanks
xp

edit on 6-4-2011 by XPLodER because: spelling

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I'm really good with raw data sets and finding patterns. I get paid to do this for large businesses in a business intelligence capacity. And I have got to say that I have yet to run into data that can't be summed up into a few sentences. Which is executives want anyway and the General public is no different.

Give me a summary!

If I want to check the data sets I have a lot more to learn about what each data point means and am probably many years of study away from being able to make an informed decision on what each data point really means let alone what the anomalous results mean.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Particle Discovery has Physicists Abuzz

The level of statistical significance in the data now is just over three standard deviations, which means that the chance of it being a random anomaly is less than 1 in 1,000.

whoa.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Maybe the new force of nature are the blue spirals seen randomly around the globe. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Most likely they are trying to keep Congress from cutting their funding.

Look we found something cool!! Don't throw it away now!

Not saying they aren't important, but the timing is suspicious.
Some of you may recall that the texas super-collider got mothballed after near completion.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The implications of the Higgs Boson will suggest streaming data and information from another dimension entering our dimension to form matter. This was suggested on the original CERN website by one of the researchers. It was promptly removed. I have the quote somewhere on my vast wasteland of a hard drive. I'll see if I can find it. We are essentially a projection. This gives credence to the holographic universe theory.

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by Fiberx
If it's the Higgs it will be insane. When you measure the subatomics they have no volume. They appear to be only a small packet of energy, yet they behave as if they have mass. It is the Higgs that is thought to give quarks and the like their mass... One needn't ponder long to dream up some major scientific and technological implications.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

What would be the implications? Free energy? Time travel? I'm not exactly sure why this is so ground breaking?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
if all breakthrough's and tech go first through the military R&D

i dont even want to concieve what they are goin to use the HB research for..

bill nye had an ear to ear smile earlier on cnn, oh goody

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
While much remains a mystery, researchers agree that this is not the "God Particle," or the Higgs-boson, a hypothetical elementary particle which has long eluded physicists who believe it could explain why objects have mass.
www.physorg.com...

Not Higgs-boson
(

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Could a new force of nature also be referring to free energy?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Particle Discovery has Physicists Abuzz

The level of statistical significance in the data now is just over three standard deviations, which means that the chance of it being a random anomaly is less than 1 in 1,000.

whoa.
Thank you for the link when I try to post it ATS tells me I have used up all my time 4hrs. to edit?! I edited the first post one time it took like 3 minutes! this is the second time this has happen lol

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It's the aether.

Or ether.

Or whatever you want to call it.

I very much doubt it is the Higgs Boson due to the electron volts needed to achieve it, and only the LHC has that.

My guess is that the delay is so that the LHC can confirm.

This could be huge if it's the aether, it would be bigger than the discovery of gravity and would deeply effect the current model of physics.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

I have to agree with you there. Is this the same thing as the experiment with Anti matter? THAT is something I don't think us error prone humans should being playing around with. Everyone keeps talking about these end of day's scenario. Anti Matter I could see as something that could cause that however I am by no means an expert in the area.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

They state it's not that in the article. Something differant. According to foxnews.com
edit on 4/6/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

"The Higgs-boson is a piece that goes into the puzzle that we already have," said Punzi. "Whereas this is something that goes a little bit beyond that -- a new interaction, a new force."

Well that's a powerful statement. What the hell could that be?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So, basically they talked a lot of jargin and we don't know what the hell they were talking about or what they found. Is that about where we are at still?

edit on 6-4-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This really has me excited..so much is happening lately.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Originally posted by Fiberx
If it's the Higgs it will be insane. When you measure the subatomics they have no volume. They appear to be only a small packet of energy, yet they behave as if they have mass. It is the Higgs that is thought to give quarks and the like their mass... One needn't ponder long to dream up some major scientific and technological implications.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

What would be the implications? Free energy? Time travel? I'm not exactly sure why this is so ground breaking?

If it was the higgs ( and we've determined it is "something else") the higgs gives particles mass.So I'll leave it to you to imagine what the results of an anti- higgs or "higgs proof shield" would be?( i.e.anti gravity or levitation ; frictionless movement.ridiculous instantaneous mechanical speeds for anything.(No mass to speedup or slowdown) LIGHT SPEED TRAVEL...

If it's something else"?? a new form or source of energy? what a time to be alive!

GO fermilab!

Of course they are in a life/death competitive struggle with cern's lhc a more powerful tool. If its too good to be true I' d be real careful swallowing it hook line and sinker.
edit on 6-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
if all breakthrough's and tech go first through the military R&D

i dont even want to concieve what they are goin to use the HB research for..

bill nye had an ear to ear smile earlier on cnn, oh goody

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I wonder the same thing - maybe the military had this for a few years.
Here's a theory - I wonder if they are releasing this now because they know CERN will find it soon anyway?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Could a new force of nature also be referring to free energy?

If it was we would never hear about and it would get undiscovered ASHP. Way too much profit's in energy. Apparently if we are to believe GE untaxeable profits.
edit on 4/6/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join