It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vimanas, Ancient Aircraft Tecnology In detail.♣

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The Vimanas (as refferd to in sanskrit literature) are refferences to Ancient aircrafts (presumably of the gods) that date back to approximately 1,500BC,
They have been mentioned many a time on ATS as proof of ancient technology and flying crafts but in this thread i intend to describe in the best detail possible about these amazing and thought provoking documents that are a personal favorate of mine to study.

The following are extremely detailed images depicting Vimanas in Sanskrit text:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72baa19474db.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcfb8bbc338a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/051a35404658.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d0e17b23747f.jpg[/atsimg]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UFO = Vimana and Vailixi Aircraft?
mysteriesunsolvedstory.blogspot.com...
According to the explanation of ancient Indian manuscripts, their communities when it has a flying machine called the "Vimanas". From the few studies conducted, there are several types of aircraft of ancient india (Vimana), which are Rukma Vimana (shape like the picture above) Many UFO investigators want to know some important facts. When called as a vehicle owned by UFO aliens, or maybe it's from tentera kingdom, appeared one more possibility that might be about UFOs that it originated from India and Ancient Atlantis. What do we know about ancient Indian aircraft than the arrival of the ancient Indian sources that include the writing of the text that comes from a hereditary. Without much prejudice we can say that most of these texts are valid and genuine look at most of the languages translated yet again the old Sanskrit. Indian Maharaja Ashoka has built an organization "Nine Lelakis Mysterious" which is a famous Indian scientists say cataloging various types of science resources. Ashoka's work has kept them all because he felt that the most recent scientific discoveries that will terpasung from ancient Indian sources themselves and it will be misused for the purposes of a cruel war which is not desired by Ashoka himself. "Nine mystery man" has written nine books related to each one lain.Buku titled "Secrets of Gravity" very recognizable among historians but not considered by them as something that relates to earth's gravity. He is considered to still exist, stored in a secret library in India, Tibet or elsewhere (perhaps also in some of North America). Just a few years ago, the people of China have met several Sanskrit documents in Lhasa, Tibet and has been brought to the University Chandrigargh to be translated. Dr. Ruth Reyna of the University explained that the document contains instructions for creating a spaceship! Ways of making them, is anti-gravity and berasaskan to an analog system that is "laghima", one source of energy unknown to modern man. According to Hindu Yoga expert, "laghima" This makes a person that has the ability to fly. Dr.Reyna explained that on board these machines that are recognized as "Astras", said to have been used by the ancient Indian society to bring a group of humans to another planet, as indicated on the document, which is said to have been a thousand years old. The manuscript was also said to have explained the secret of "antima" (ways to be missing) and "gerima" (how to become heavy as a mountain).
At first, Indian scientists are not so serious with the content of these manuscripts, but then they will menyedari nature of these valuable manuscripts when China announced bahawa
They will enter certain parts of the manuscript data into their space studies program! This is one of the first examples of the kingdom to confess to conduct studies about the anti-gravity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other examples or virmana from ancient egypt:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

There are reference to flying machines in the temple carvings and in the ancient writings.

The images found on the ceiling beams of a 3000-year old New Kingdom Temple,
located several hundred miles south of Cairo and the Giza Plateau,
at Abydos resembles modern day Aircrafts.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de25614eba6e.jpg[/atsimg]

Reference to ancient Indian flying vehicles comes from ancient Indian sources, many are the well known ancient
Indian Epics, and there are literally hundreds of them. Most of them have not even been translated into English
yet from the old sanskrit.
It is claimed that a few years ago, the Chinese discovered some sanskrit documents in Lhasa, Tibet and sent them
to the University of Chandrigarh to be translated. Dr. Ruth Reyna of the University said recently that the documents
contain directions for building interstellar spaceships!
Their method of propulsion, she said, was "anti-gravitational"
and was based upon a system analogous to that of "laghima," the
unknown power of the ego existing in man’s physiological makeup,
"a centrifugal force strong enough to counteract all gravitational pull."
According to Hindu Yogis, it is this "laghima" which enables a person to
levitate. Dr. Reyna said that on board these machines, which were called
"Astras" by the text, the ancient Indians could have sent a detachment of men
onto any planet, according to the document, which is thought to be thousands of years old.
The manuscripts were also said to reveal the secret of "antima", "the cap of invisibility" and "garima",
"how to become as heavy as a mountain of lead."

Shivkar Bapuji Talpade born in 1864, was a Sanskrit scholar. His birth place is Chirabazar at Dukkarwadi in Bombay.
From his young age was attracted by the Vaimanika Shastra (Aeronautical Science) expounded by the great Indian sage Maharishi Bhardwaja.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e14b1dd95cd4.jpg[/atsimg]

One western scholar of Indology Stephen-Knapp has tried to explain what Talpade did. According to Knapp, the Vaimanika Shastra describes in detail,
the construction of what is called, the mercury vortex engine
the forerunner of the ion engines being made today.

Shivkur Bapuji Talpade’s unmanned aircraft flew to a height of 1500 feet before crashing down and the historian,
Knapp adds that additional information on the mercury engines can be found in the ancient Vedic text called Samaranga Sutradhara.
This text also devotes 230 verses, to the use of these machines in peace and war.

The Indologist William Clarendon, who has written down a detailed description of the mercury vortex engine in his translation of Samaranga
Sutradhara quotes thus,
‘Inside the circular air frame, place the mercury-engine with its solar mercury boiler at the aircraft center. By means of the power latent
in the heated mercury which sets the driving whirlwind in motion a man sitting inside may travel a great distance in a most marvelous manner.
Four strong mercury containers must be built into the interior structure. When these have been heated by fire through solar or other sources
the vimana (aircraft) develops thunder-power through the mercury. It is also added that this success of an Indian scientist was not liked by
the Imperial rulers.
Warned by the British Government the Maharaja of Baroda stopped helping Talpade. His efforts to make known the greatness of Vedic Shastras
was recognized by Indian scholars, who gave him the title of Vidya Prakash Pra-deep.

en.wikipedia.org...
VEDAS:

The predecessors of the flying vimanas of the Sanskrit epics are the flying chariots employed by various gods in the Vedas: the Sun (see Sun chariot) and Indra and several other Vedic deities are transported by flying wheeled chariots pulled by animals, usually horses (but the Vedic god Pūsan's chariot is pulled by goats, as is that of Norse Thor).

The Rigveda does not mention Vimanas, but verses RV 1.164.47-48 have been taken as evidence for the idea of "mechanical birds":

47. kṛṣṇáṃ niyânaṃ hárayaḥ suparṇâ / apó vásānā dívam út patanti
tá âvavṛtran sádanād ṛtásyâd / íd ghṛténa pṛthivî vy ùdyate
48. dvâdaśa pradháyaś cakrám ékaṃ / trîṇi nábhyāni ká u tác ciketa
tásmin sākáṃ triśatâ ná śaṅkávo / 'rpitâḥ ṣaṣṭír ná calācalâsaḥ

"Dark the descent: the birds are golden-coloured; up to the heaven they fly robed in the waters.
Again descend they from the seat of Order, and all the earth is moistened with their fatness."
"Twelve are the fellies, and the wheel is single; three are the naves. What man hath understood it?
Therein are set together spokes three hundred and sixty, which in nowise can be loosened." ("trans." Griffith)

In Swami Dayananda Saraswati's "translation", these verses become:

"jumping into space speedily with a craft using fire and water ... containing twelve stamghas (pillars), one wheel,
three machines, 300 pivots, and 60 instruments."

www.crystalinks.com...
www.theseekerbooks.com...

Some direct qoutes from
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17cfca897bb5.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6/4/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
They always remind me of that gadget that the Green Goblin flies on

It's said, and passed down in some families that there was a book describing how to engineer these, amongst other things as well (infact there are more books each on a different subject) and those were stolen, taken by the Germans.

I do believe the ancients had technology far advanced than we believe. I mean, the Earth itself goes through phases...what if one of these wiped out majority of the humans themselves? Even natural disasters could do it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I love these threads, but I always have a bit of difficulty matching the claimed translations to the actual documents. I usually use www.sacred-texts.com... as a reference and generally can't even find the references mentioned.

I would love to read some of these passages for myself instead of quotes of quotes.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Ive got an old book with me here with Original translations and obersvations from the original document, i am writing it all down but its gonna take me a while to exract the rubbish oppinions from the good stuff, bear with me

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

To be honest it seems quite plausable that humanity have been tecnologically advanced in the past but for some reason the slate has been wiped clean, and Looking at the modern way of thinking it think its quite possible its gonna happen again

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by TedHodgson

What's the book called?
I'd love to grab a copy.

Looks like it will

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

www.amazon.co.uk...

Only £11.69 on amazon

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I think these might interest you pal, they are direct words from the vimanas explaining various functions of craft

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
OP, I'm a bit confused on you including the Egyptian hieroglyphics...

This video clears a few things up as far as that goes -

Now, on topic - Can anyone explain why some of the Indian illustrations have the silly looking propellers ?

Surely the craft were more advanced than that ?
edit on 6-4-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

They arnt hieroglyphics they are temple carvings....

The images found on the ceiling beams of a 3000-year old New Kingdom Temple, located several hundred miles south of Cairo and the Giza Plateau, at Abydos resembles modern day Aircrafts.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Signals

They arnt hieroglyphics they are temple carvings....

The images found on the ceiling beams of a 3000-year old New Kingdom Temple, located several hundred miles south of Cairo and the Giza Plateau, at Abydos resembles modern day Aircrafts.

Semantics. Okay, I'll play. The "temple carvings" are in Egypt, but we're talking about Indian Vimanas right?

Did you watch the video ? It's very informative.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
OP, I'm a bit confused on you including the Egyptian hieroglyphics...

He's obviously not done any analysis of his own, just cut and pasted some stuff from elsewhere which also supposedly shows proof of ancient flying machines.
Thus, the old "Abydos Helicopter".

Now others have already mentioned the problem of needing to see the original work, rather just relying on somebody elses drawings and interpretation of the Vimanas texts, so until that happens this thread is a waste of time since its really just somebody's opinion.
So, I'll concentrate on debunking the ancient egyptian Abydos helicopter thing.
And you can read along.
And you dont have to trust me, you can check everything for yourself.

Its not impossible to get yourself trained in how to read hieroglyphs. If not university courses, then there are several books and a few basic websites, plus a #e load of images out on the web of actual real original examples of writing for you to practise on.

The secret is that (and I'll shout again) YOU DONT HAVE TO TAKE
ANYONE'S WORD FOR IT.

See for yourself actual examples of ancient egyptian hieroglyphs and see for yourself how what this
so-called "Abydos helicopter" script makes perfect sense if you merely assume the palimset theory - that perfectly common standarad text has been overwritten by other standard common text.

A link to another picture of this area, but with a wider angle shot than previous images I've seen:
www.nccn.net...

It had been previously put forward as a theory that Ramesses II and Seti I texts were overwritten.

So... take a look at the cartouche to the left of the 'Abydos helicopter' (middle left of the image).
Its a bit messy, isnt it?

Now take a look at the cartouche to the middle right of the image,
at the top of the column. This is the name of Ramesses II, and
is very sharp and clear. *1

The name of Seti I can be seen written on the page of a fansite for
this guy (doesnt everyone living or dead have a fan website nowdays?):
sethy1.free.fr...
and
sethy1.free.fr...

Seti I (or Sethy I) appears to have been written in 3 different ways
that I've found so far, but ALL of them include the symbols Re, Maat
and 'mn'. The name referred to here after all is 'Mn-Maat-Re'. *2

Now take another look at the cartouche to the extreme left of the
image cited at the start of my reply. It is clearly made up up
the Ramesses II symbols (seen at the top of the column to the right)
plus overwritten with the maat, 'mn', and Re symbols of Seti I.

This, to blind freddy, is proof that palimpsets (text overwritten
with other text) are happening at this place.

Not just in that cartouche, but all along the text, including the overwritten mess
that nowdays looks like a helicopter (to some).

cheers...

*1 Ramesses II - you can see in the middle a woman sitting, with a feather
on her head and holding an ankh. She represents Maat.
You can also see a big circle at the right of the name - this is Ra/Re (or
however you wish to spell it).
To the left of Re you can see a dogs head on a stick - read this as 'wsr'.
To the bottom left of Maat is a horizontal squiggly line, this is 'n'.
There is another 'Re' circle above this squiggly line, plus a more complex
figure I shall call 'stp'.
The whole thing reads: 'wsr maat re - stp n re' (in a manner of speaking),
one of the names of Ramesses II.

*2 Seti I - The method used at Abydos is one of those shown on the fan
website page - (reading left to right) with the lady sitting who has a
feather on her head while holding an ankh (Maat), followed by the
horizontal block plus tiny lines at the top (mn), then followed by the
circle (Re).

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It was a segment of work explaining the pictures on the new kindom temple at Abydos, it was to ellaborate on ancient texts depicting aircraft, now please go and scoff and someone elses work while i type up more for this thread

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e14b1dd95cd4.jpg[/atsimg]
This image with the carvings looks like it's from Egypt, I have to agree with Signals, I've seen them before presented in many documentaries and presentations about Egypt.

The first presentation in the start of the post looks intreresting but any original carvings or blue prints?

edit on 6-4-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Basically the word VIMANA Translates to:

The Sanskrit term "vimana" (pronounced "vimans") is usually translated "airborne chariot," "aerial car," or "celestial car" (or sometimes simply "car"*) by the Hindu translators.

I included those examples of "Vimana" as they are earlier examples from the new kingdom temple, they are not examples from Sanskrit text, i have edited to make that point clearer

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by alfa1
..., it was to ellaborate on ancient texts depicting aircraft,

But thats just it.
It simply DOESNT depict aircraft. Never has.
Nobody who actually knows anything about the topic wuld say anything other than what it is. A shabby patch up job of one set of glyphs over the top of another.
The only people who refer to it as aircraft are people like yourself who clearly dont care about the truth when trying to push an "ancient aircraft" story.
Yes, I scoff.
And now that I've told you TWICE what it really is, if you continue to have anything at all to do with the Abydos helicopter, and dont delete it from any work you're working on, then let it be know to everyone in that world that you're a lying fraud.
Hopefully it wont come to that.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The pictures are great and all....but there never is any instructions on how to build the darn things...

I wish there were...it would make it far more interesting...I looked for instructions to no avail...

Still interesting stuff though...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Really do get over yourself, Have i made any "claims" i dont think so im merely bringing up the information for you to critisize or do with as you wish.
Your new so im not going to divulge in entertaining your "Outbursts", the work is not mine it is a collection of other peoples, dont like it? take it up with the original author.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Notice to all.
TedHodgson has been shown that some of the work he is putting forward as evidence of "ancient aircraft" is faulty, wrong and simply incorrect.
He wont remove it. He's still putting it forward as evidence.

For those who do care about the truth, the 'helicopter' is actually made up of the phrases psd.t "the ennead of nine" and X3s.wt "foreign countries" carved over the top of each other (in an act of historical revisionism by the new Pharaoh).
Specifically, a portion of the psd.t sign and the X3s.t sign on top of each other.

More explanation here...
rationalwiki.org...
and here...
www.catchpenny.org...
and here...
members.tripod.com...

edit on 6-4-2011 by alfa1 because: More evidence for reality, not disinformation and lies.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Its not evidence, its data, dont like the data take it up with the original author, it may be un-true please show me where i stated any different, please i beg of you point out where i stated "the information above is 100% true".

There may be flaws but i cant edit the page now you fool, So unfortunately youll have to keep staring at it and getting your nickers in a twist

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join