It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the 9 Billion dollars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
After reading this from Vanity Fair:

www.vanityfair.com...

I couldn't help but wonder how many of these same people are now screaming about cutting spending to balance our budget.

I just wish someone could be held accountable; may I quote --

Between April 2003 and June 2004, $12 billion in U.S. currency—much of it belonging to the Iraqi people—was shipped from the Federal Reserve to Baghdad, where it was dispensed by the Coalition Provisional Authority.

Following a trail that leads from a safe in one of Saddam's palaces to a house near San Diego, to a P.O. box in the Bahamas, the authors discover just how little anyone cared about how the money was handled.

The U.S. government never did care about accounting for those Iraqi billions and it doesn't care now. It cares only about ensuring that an accounting does not occur.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hdutton
After reading this from Vanity Fair:

www.vanityfair.com...

I couldn't help but wonder how many of these same people are now screaming about cutting spending to balance our budget.

I just wish someone could be held accountable; may I quote --

Between April 2003 and June 2004, $12 billion in U.S. currency—much of it belonging to the Iraqi people—was shipped from the Federal Reserve to Baghdad, where it was dispensed by the Coalition Provisional Authority.

Following a trail that leads from a safe in one of Saddam's palaces to a house near San Diego, to a P.O. box in the Bahamas, the authors discover just how little anyone cared about how the money was handled.

The U.S. government never did care about accounting for those Iraqi billions and it doesn't care now. It cares only about ensuring that an accounting does not occur.

After considerable thought, I have concluded no one here is really interested in doing much more than sit on their hands, watch American idol & Dancing w/The Stars, and talk trival issues to death.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!!!

new topics

join