It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CENSUS dodgers face knock on the door

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
hi,i seen on msn the threat of census investigators knocking on the door,well we had it 2 days ago. im in coventry u.k,and im at my ex partners house getin my daughter,and theres a knock and the ex answers and the man was polite and simply asked if she had recieved the CENSUS form (she had) but she said no and the man issued another form there and then simple as that,people are getting hyped up at it to much it states ONLY PERSITENT REFUSAL WILL RESULT IN FINES OR IMPRISONMENT. I havnt filled mine either for principle reasons but WHEN IM FORCED TO i will simply fill my name and D.O.B and sign it at the end,all im saying is dont get paranoid to much about it...yet

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well you already used one life it seems. What's it going to be next time? Don't have access to a pen?
I'm thinking the best idea is not to answer knocks on the door and just lay low till it is done. If you can avoid getting collared you avoid actually going on record as saying no. They will only persist so much. It's worked for me in the past. Fingers crossed for this time!
edit on 6-4-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Hi davesmart.

Nobody i know has done theirs so these Government lackys are going to be buisy. I personaly would'nt even give them my name and date of birth. They already have that. They can come knocking as much as they want. I'll just not answer the door or open their letters and plead ignorance. If they do intend on sending people to jail for not paying the fine then they might aswell send me now. It will cost them a lot of money and they still wont get the info they want so what then.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Here's a link to an interesting site with a thread on the census
forum.no2id.net...
edit on 6-4-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Or look at it this way ; here is your opportunity to announce that you are a SOVEREIGN .

I would like to see them object .

Use the format ; Family of Smith .

Better still make up your own form and send the information you think necessary for them to have .

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i to havent filled it out and will not fill and sign my personal details
it is funded by one of the biggest weapons manufacturers in america
and asks questions in a court of law u hav the right to remain silent ?
if i get fined ill go to court and tell the judge hav u filled yours in ?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm not the householder but ours was filled in and sent off.

I don't really agree with people who refuse to fill it out over some paranoid thought about Lockheed Martin being behind it this time when for centuries the census was used to gauge the population and with the advent of interest in geneology, people use past census results to discover what their ancestors did, where they lived, names of possible relatives and places of work to help fill out their family tree.

Plus it does help areas get the things they need, seen that with my own eyes with park renovations and the like over the years.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
I'm not the householder but ours was filled in and sent off.

I don't really agree with people who refuse to fill it out over some paranoid thought about Lockheed Martin being behind it this time when for centuries the census was used to gauge the population and with the advent of interest in geneology, people use past census results to discover what their ancestors did, where they lived, names of possible relatives and places of work to help fill out their family tree.

Plus it does help areas get the things they need, seen that with my own eyes with park renovations and the like over the years.

In my case anyways. my refusal to fill it in is not based on any kind of paranoia. I simply dont wish to share the kind of information they want. Its personal info and its my right to withhold it. Information is power. Once you send that little form in, your handing that power to the Gov to do what they will. While making sure certain parts of the country get what they need or allowing future generations to trace their geneology are two good examples of how this info can be used. There are also ways it can be abused. People were'nt as savvy as the Governments are these days in the past when these were carried out. Social sciences and engineering have come along way since then.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

For centuries, the census was done without the assistance of Lockheed-Martin. Why now? Why would any government need their help for such a task? Never forget their motto: "We never forget who we're working for." I'm quite sure they never forget who they're really working for. But it's not us.

If this whole issue doesn't make your skin crawl up and down your spine just from contemplating it, then your brain's intuition center is dead.

new topics

top topics

join