It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights off Japan coast.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This was announced tonight on coast to coast. I have never noticed before, since I never looked at Japan's satelite images at night.

There are an unusual amount of lights off Japan's coast, in the middle of the sea between Japan and Asia.

The following is a satellite picture of Japan in the daylight. They were originally posted and reported on Coast to Coast.

The following is a satellite picture of Japan at night.

Now, I decided to make sure something like this was seen in the past and I found a satellite picture from 1994 that NOAA took around the same area.

From the coast to coast there is a link to a site where these strange lights off Japan's coast are being investigated. in here it is stipulated that these lights cannot be ships or airplanes, since they won't be seen from that distance.
www.projectprove.com...

Also I found in this link the islands that are off the coast of Japan. None of them seems big enough, or that many, to explain the lights.
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

Now, I have no idea what these are. Any thoughts?
Aome of the lights that appear there seem to have been in the same area at least since 1994, but there can be found more lights now in the area.

What i also noticed is that in some pictures of the Earth at night these lights do not appear at all.

The above image can be found here.
www.freemaninstitute.com...

[edit on 25-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I am impressed by satalite technology these days....
They can actually see through all the clouds in unison. amazing.

I suspect this is more of a reconstruction and not a satallite photo. Either that or clouds are banned from Asia.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I believe it is possible to take out clouds from satellite photos to see what is directly below them. Satellite pictures with clouds are used mostly to predict the weather, or follow a tropical storm or hurricane. These images are not made up, you can find these in NASA satellite pictures. I posted a satellite picture from that area in 1994 from NOAA, and you can see lights off Japan's coast. Those lights were not added.

You can also find them in the next link.
www.fourmilab.ch...

In order to see Japan at night in the above link, go to where you see the time and the date under the image of the Earth, change the date to July 24th and the time to 12:00 and click enter. Then click the image in a corner until you find Japan. or to make it easier for you leave the image as it was and find Japan in the daylight, then change the time and date like I said.

The same lights appear as in the images I posted above. this is not made up, whatever it is, it exists.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by Muaddib]

jra

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Crysstaafur: They take the images when there are no clouds in the area they want. It's not that they can see through them. NASA and others who take satillite photos of terrain for maps and what not state this a lot. Once they get photos of all the areas with out clouds, they put them together.

As for the lights off the coast of Japan. I've never seen that before. In the first image, they don't look quite right. I can't really put my finger on it, but something about them just seems wrong. It's like the dots of the lights are smaller and sharper than then all the other lights on the land. The 2nd one looks more believable.

But still.. the amount of lights that are supposedly there, i'm sure something like that would be very visable by some one passing by or from passing above if they are underwater. I would think that if those lights are underwater and you can see the lights from space. I would then assume that you could be in a boat and look over the deck at night and see the lights. The size of some of the clusters of lights look to be almost as big as Tokyo (or whatever the big blob of lights on the east coast of Japan are)

I think i shall remain skeptical on this until i see more information.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Sorry for the criticism earlier, but it may be an underwater research facility of some kind. I knew of some in the works, but I don't know if they ever were completed.. Let me link dive for awhile and I will see what I can find...

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 04:59 AM
link   
One small point.

The first two pictures are not satellite images, they are computer renders.

They are composite images from many satellite passes. These multiple passes is how the color image exists without the coulds.

Also, a "bump-map" has been used which is showing the depth of the water. This would not be visible in a "satellite image".

So, the first two tell me absolutely nothing as they have been completely computer rendered (albeit from satellite images as source material).

However, that close-up is more interesting. I'm tempted to say it's some sort of error, but I'm not sure it is. Intrigueing.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Seems to big to be any sort of research facility, though who knows? Maybe some kind of bioluminescent plankton or microrganisms that is concentrated and deep enough to show as much light as a city from space(though the picture is little too bright, and the 94 picture looks too dotty) or volcanic activity? Or as said earlier it could just be ALOT of fishing boats. Though the first photo does seem a little off, with the sharp edge at the right of the circle + that the lights have changed over 10 years.

[edit on 25-7-2004 by Veda]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I tend to agree with Veda, I think it's some type of Plankton 'bloom'.
Here's a link, but I'm looking for more specific ones.
www.planktos.com...

Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is my theory.

If you look at the circled area (day) one can clearly see that this is the shallow region of the
Sea of Japan. Also it's in the south (closer to the equator). Combine that with 'shallow' waters
and you get warmer water.

Now look at the same area (night) and the 'lights' are in the same area, and to a certain degree
align with the most shallow areas. And what likes that habitat...Quote,
The zooplankton community shows low variance in taxonomic groups and species. Five zooplankton groups account for over 99 percent of the biomass: copepods (Neocalanus cristatus, N. plumchrus, N. flemingeri), euphausiids (Euphausia pacifica, Thysanoessa longipes), chaetognaths (Sagitta elegans), amphipods (Themisto japonica, Primno macropa, Cyphocaris challengeri), and mysids (Meterythrops microphathalma). Diatom blooms occur primarily in the spring. The number of benthic species decreases with depth, with 53 species of macrobenthos at 1,000-2,000 m, 25 species at 2,000-3,000 m, and 5 species below 3,000 m (see Zenkevitch, 1963; and Terazaki, 1999). Tropical to Arctic animal populations occur in the Sea of Japan LME.
na.nefsc.noaa.gov...

Links to above regarding (bioluminescence)

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
and last but not least
Hippocampus mohnikei�: (Japanese Seahorse)
en.wikipedia.org...

Btw, I wouldn't be suprised if there were heaps of trawlers in this area as dried Seahorse is
a highly demanded Chinese remedy. Who knows, maybe the Japanese catch them and sell
them to the Chinese like any other high-end export...lobster etc?

Anyhoo, that's my theory and I'm stickin' to it,
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Maybe this lights come from squid fishing, in Japan they use very strong lights to attract the squids.

I dont know if that could be seen from space, but they use very strong lights, see the third picture in the link below, it was the only one i could find with a picture that could show more or less wath i mean.

www.sado.co.jp...

Also, the lights look too organized in groups to be plancton, i think.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Could it be undersea volcanic activity?
Japan is on the ring of fire.
That 7.2 earthquake just let loose in
Indonesia. Perhaps this was
something happening along the
fault line, but further up it?

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Anywhere you find zooplankton, you will find a human food source, Fish, Mammals ect.
Sanc'.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Found this on NASA's website.. read a little

* Pictures such as the one displayed above are not simple snapshots; they are composite images formed from multiple pictures taken by a variety of satellites at different times. If the image above were actually a photograph (rather than a composite image) taken at 11:15 Eastern Time, then much of North American would be obscured by clouds, the western portion of the continent would still be bathed by at least partial sunlight at the time of the photo, and the Earth's curvature would be noticeable in the picture.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well, now at least i can say they are not fishing boats. Unless fishing boats in Japan appear in the same position every night. i just took a look at yesterday's satellite photo, or composite, of Japan, and the lights are all pretty much in the same area as the lights which were in the photo from the day before yesterday. It could be zooplankton, but the thing is that there are other areas where zooplankton are supposed to be in more quantities, yet they are not seen on the photos as lights. I am not convinced these are zooplankton, but i could be wrong.

I will keep checking their position for a couple days and see if there are any changes.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If you put the date when a part of the USA and Canada have the electricity faillure, did the picture (or composite) show that part without lights?

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well it's obviously a massive underwater alien armada.......I wish.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hi Muaddib

Lets see what happens to these lights after this typhoon passes over.
Satt' image link updated hourly,
www.jwa.or.jp...
edit: click on satt' image, top left to enlarge.

And a link to the storm.
thestar.com.my.../2004/7/31/latest/18250Strongtro&sec=latest

It will be interesting to get a nite satt' image in, say 24-48 hrs.
Sanc'.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Actually...i can tell you what they are....

They are Japanese squid fishing boat lights.

Lots of japanese go fishing at night for squid whoa re attracted to the green light that the boats have to attract them.

I rememebr this fom a newspaper article about 2 years ago.

You can see them from space.

That is what they are.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
yup, most likely squid fishing.

These lights off the coast of Argentine are also caused by light fishing boats

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
japan has a huge fishing industry and all it is is fishing boats they are out fishing for shark and other fish for soup and medicinal purpuses

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join