It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researcher cites ancient Minoan-era 'computer'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The mistery surrounding certain ancient civilization disappearances is just that, unknown. Electrical capability requires much more than speculation it requires infrastructures to gather and to store energy, and there aren't any. Evidence of ancient nuclear use would still be around (if it happened), steel, titanium, many tipes of alloys that would still exist.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Very interesting find, I've always found ancient history fascinating (theres so much we don't know)! It opens a whole new realm of posibilities. Keep up the amazing work

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Yet another piece of evidence for the Ancient Alien Theory

I'm loving it!

While I want to keep an open mind, considering the ancient alien theory as plausible,
I'm afraid I have to disagree: this artifact isn't really "evidence"
but then again I am "the guy who stands for a very careful usage of certain words, like "evidence" or "prove" or "knowing"". And hey, I do understand that in average enthusiasm the concern for careful phrasing is the first to get kicked out :-)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchMan
Human civilization is in a constant loop!

indeed it is!
that's why I love to use methods that take this looping in their DNA.
thanks for the statement, I liked it a lot

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

These are the same people non-believers make fun of for believing in God and riding camels in the desert; yes that is right they possessed computer technology.

Ummmm.............
:l ol:
.................as you so succinctly state in many a rambling post on anything remotely mid-eastern...............prove it.......

YouSir
edit on 7-4-2011 by YouSir because: (no reason given)

OP already proved they possesed computer technology HAHA, you are a failure. Next pls.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's an interesting artifact for sure, but I think they're reeeeeally reaching when they say it's a mold for one part of a more complex device. If it were a mold it would all be done in bas relief. The sun pattern around the perimeter in particular seems to shoot down the "mold" theory, there would be no way to capture material there for molding purposes. I'm also quite surprised that they are comparing this to the Antikythera Mechanism. That is an extremely complicated device, this is not in the same league.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Its not a mold, but a male pattern to make a simple female sand mold from, look at the rightmost point, it has the pouring gate attached as part of the point. And I agree its not part of some larger mechanism nor is it in the same league as the antikythera mechanism, which is really just a celestial clock.
As advanced and complex as the A mech was for its time it really only requires a basic knowledge of geometry and basic mathematical concepts, ratios, to manufacture.
edit on 7-4-2011 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I wanted to post a comparison of the new find to some Ancient "Calenders"

New - Computer

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ff50e509053.jpg[/atsimg]

Nazca - Calender

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7d4db9d71f16.jpg[/atsimg]

Mayan - Calender

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51bd027a7c24.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 6-4-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I find your comparisons with the Nazca and The Mayan Calenders quite interesting.
I wonder if there has been a detailed analysis Between the Nazca and the Mayan Calenders.
Also, has there been an explanation of the notations that appear on the new artifact?
Aparrently someone went to great lengths trying to explain this object.
Getting away from the star chart theory for a moment, I am speculating
that this crude device may have been a version of the base plate of a surveyors transit.
Early civilizations had to have a working knowledge of mathamatics, especially
geometry, to lay out and align the massive structures that where built in those ancient days.
I tried to seperate each quadrant into even angles with the corresponding dimples on the perimiter
but could not make it work. Lets not try to attribute everything to the gods in fiery aerial ships.
I think that the human spirit is quite capable of doing many things without the divine intervention
of the "gods". purley conjecture on my part and my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Your quote: "I think it funny that the more we dig the more we learn that our ancestors were smarter than we give them credit for."

Ha! Ha! You think it we did all of that old stuff with no help?
Every find like that, regardless of how it is attributed to some early civilizations, is indicative of early help from the stars.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
found an article written in Greek and a little more info translated by Google.

If, every day, a needle moves clockwise in the inner circle (the moon) and every two months moved to another needle in the same way in the region with the radial triangular teeth that have 112 holes, then record the path of the Moon on the site ties. The path of the sun recorded in the upper region of the disc drive against the movement of the moon, so each about 6 days to move a position. If the Sun was the same to be close s'A a bond and a moon full moon or new moon, then we eclipse. "The Minoans knew about the natural phenomenon called" Saros ", says Mr. Tsikritsis and explains that" this is the fact that eclipses are repeated in the same order every 18.5 lunar years. Mr. Tsikritsis, also notes that "on the matrix were found two needles and a pair of forceps. One diabetes, ie. So m'A these tools to work fine. We could call it a small «portable» using the conditions of modern technology. The important thing is that this finding changes the history of technology is a prior invention of the Antikythera Mechanism. "

Sorry, won't post link correctly. But you can get there by clicking on this link

Click on the 3rd result. The 5th result is similar.
edit on 8-4-2011 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I wanted to post a comparison of the new find to some Ancient "Calenders"

New - Computer

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ff50e509053.jpg[/atsimg]

Hey slayer is this only a sundial....i dont think its a computer at all....just a way of recording solar activity,to know the date, resulting in a calender...

by the way...to bring egypt into the conversation...... denderra
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9eea36349d8a.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 8-4-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

You're free to think as you wish.
What do you seriously feel about it though?
Any links to support your theory?

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The one picture of the 'mold' shows a handle or nub leading off on the right side? How long is it and also what are the dimensions of the item?

If it is fact a mold it has some resemblence to a shield boss.

Boss images

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
interesting find Slayer
S&F

but I am curious as to it's functions
of how it computes. It appears to be
more of a calendar than a computer.

Also, it shows a 58 count on the ring
and our hours are 60 minutes. What
did they do with the missing 2 minutes
every hr. Or were days shorter back then??

Which brings up another theory. What if during
those times the earth's wobble was slightly different
and there were shorter days.

holy smokes !!!
that means shorter work weeks, Yoooooo Hooooooo

edit on 4/6/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Our concept of mins/hours was simply an ancient invention created by, as I seem to recall, one of the fertile crescent civilizations. There is no need to assume that other ancient civilizations didn't come up with their own concept of time and how to divide it... there doesn't need to be hours of 60 minutes...it's just an invention.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

haven't you read Velikovsky? there is mention in various mythologies of the "order of the days" being altered. this link quotes from Velikovsky a paragraph or so down.

Is Today's Jewish Calendar The One God Gave To Moses?

S&F this the kind of post were you really shine.

as for king tuts iPod perhaps it would look more like an iPhone 4 ?

you know:
"a tablet of sapphire with which the pharaoh was able to speak with and receive instruction from the gods."

the "technology" of the ancients would be different from ours as we go further back along the psychohistorical cycles, Atlantean tech was supposed to be crystal-based[hint,cough,cough], Lemurian mentation was allegedly almost exclusively based on their 3rd-eye [cough, cough,cough] so they wouldn't have much physical tech.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

ahh but how was that knowledge of geometry applied?

wouldn't a large "database" of astronomical observation be also required?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Thank you slayer for showing this new find. Minoan Civilization (we really don't know what they called themselves, the name Minoan was given to them from Sir Arthur Evans from the start of the 20th century from King Minos). There is alot about this civilization that is a mystery. People came over to the island back 128,000 years ago and didn't start farming until 5,000 years ago (the same 6,000 year range we see all the time in academics), what did they do for the 122,000 years before (yea right). Wiki Minoan and you will find alot of information about them. I also believe that our ancestors new things or where alot more advanced than what our mainstream scientists say. They could have learned this stuff from older civilizations and/or from another people from space. Either way, our history is alot different than whats being told to us. We are survivors of a world disaster that swallowed up much of what was our history. And whats left is individuals trying to say this is mine or that is mine, and trying to put it into their history when it may be part of everyones.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

yes many ancient cultures had aqquired a large "data bases" of the positions of celestial objects, that took hundreds if not thousands of years to compile, and in may instances this information was passed on from one culture to subsequent cultures, the mesoamericans are a good example. Neither the Maya nor the Aztec invented their calenders, but adapted a much earlier system to thier own culture
What they didnt have was the mathematical tools nor the knowledge of newtonian physics(which needs the math) to calculate an objects future position based on its motion alone.
They could make a rough approximation based on the compiled knowledge of the realtive motions of objects compared to other objects and a reference day such as the solstice or equinox.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
The one picture of the 'mold' shows a handle or nub leading off on the right side? How long is it and also what are the dimensions of the item?

If it is fact a mold it has some resemblence to a shield boss.

Boss images

Its not a "mold" that was a bad translation from greek. It is a pattern to make a mold from and the nub you refer to is a "gate" . It is where the molten metal enters the mold cavity.

They would likely take the pattern, dust it with talc or chalk or some other finely powdered mineral( thats is now called a release agent), set it face up on a removable board in the bottom of a box, fill the box with a sand moistened with animal fat or water. The sand is the packed with tampers or mallets and allowed to dry. The box is flipped over and the pattern is removed leaving a cavity in which to pour the metal. and that nub is the hole into which the metal is poured.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Giving this thread one last shameless bump then off into the abyss

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join