It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barking dogs, get rid of them!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
My reply to the just deleted thread on barking dogs ...

OK, on the whole I like dogs, I just don't like them in a city or suburbs. The place for dogs in in the countryside where they can enjoy themselves.

Working off that assumption the people who ARE cruel are those who have dogs in a situation where they have nothing to do but bark. They are cruel to their dogs, and also insensitive to their neighbours.

Why the hell should I have to put up with barking dogs?

If you had a car with no exhaust, and revved it repeatedly in your drive way, you would soon get shut down.

If you had a loud stereo at 2am every night you would quickly get stopped.

If you kept a pet cow on your property that went next door each night and crapped on your neighbours lawn, just how long would it be until the neighbour put it in his fridge?

If you keep a ROOSTER on your property it can be illegal, people won't allow the crowing.

If your burglar alarm went off every night you would have to fix it.

So why the hell should I have to put up with your DOG?

Why should I have to put up with your animal crapping on my sidewalk, or lawn, chasing my cat (if I had one) scaring my kids, barking and keeping us awake at night, scaring us by rushing the fence and barking when you walk pass?

WHY?????

If you need companionship get a freaking budgie!, Get therapy, get a partner, get a life, but get your annoying pet out of my sight.

If you need protection get a freaking alarm system. Buy a gun, or a baseball bat.

If you are lonely, get some friends, or is a dog the only thing you can find that WILL be your friend. If thats the case then you are in worse troule than needing a dog.

You annoying dog keepers who put your own inadequacies and emotional immaturity in front of keeping the peace are the source of the problem.

If you can't get rid of your barking dog then get the hell out of the city, buy a place far away from others, the dog will love you from it, and you have your canine companion all to your inadequate insecure selves.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Great post!

Great answer to the whiny dog owners who accuse others of animal abuse when they are the ones putting their dogs in unnatural uncomfortable situations.

I mean really, if one were to keep a human in an unnatural, perpetual state of dependence, basically keeping him or her as a child for his/her lifetime, that would clearly constitute abuse. But with animals, it's okay, because it serves the greater good!... or, at least, the pathetic pet owner's need for companionship unfulfilled by human society for some reason.

It's funny how quickly they resort to making threats of violence when faced with the fact that yeah, you're dog is a smelly, misbehaving pile of s*** that has no place defecating on my property and intimidating my children.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
My reply to the just deleted thread on barking dogs ...

Why the hell should I have to put up with barking dogs?

You have no choice, lol, get used to it, I don't like people talking on a cell phone doesn't necessarily mean I have to shut them up

If you had a loud stereo at 2am every night you would quickly get stopped.
there's a world of a difference, situation can be prevented by getting headphones

If you kept a pet cow on your property that went next door each night and crapped on your neighbours lawn, just how long would it be until the neighbour put it in his fridge?
same can be said about the homeless, should we do away with them too

If you keep a ROOSTER on your property it can be illegal, people won't allow the crowing.
WTF, I've had no problems with roosters, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL for a rooster to crow, the same way it isn't illegal for babies to cry

If your burglar alarm went off every night you would have to fix it.
It's a machine, machine's are stupid, what's the relation to a barking dog

So why the hell should I have to put up with your DOG?
you can always LEAVE, or move out

Why should I have to put up with your animal crapping on my sidewalk, or lawn, chasing my cat (if I had one) scaring my kids, barking and keeping us awake at night, scaring us by rushing the fence and barking when you walk pass?
Natural Instinct, what else are your kids afraid of?

WHY?????

If you need companionship get a freaking budgie!, Get therapy, get a partner, get a life, but get your annoying pet out of my sight.

There's always China, they cook their animals alive, ever consider moving there

If you need protection get a freaking alarm system. Buy a gun, or a baseball bat.
a gun, on the condition that if your kids end up dead don't go blame the gun manufacturers

If you are lonely, get some friends, or is a dog the only thing you can find that WILL be your friend. If thats the case then you are in worse troule than needing a dog.
I totally agree, get a beer, or better yet go to ats.com

You annoying dog keepers who put your own inadequacies and emotional immaturity in front of keeping the peace are the source of the problem.
KEEPING THE PEACE, There's a world of a difference to a dog barking and people dying

If you can't get rid of your barking dog then get the hell out of the city, buy a place far away from others, the dog will love you from it, and you have your canine companion all to your inadequate insecure selves.
Life's fair, but in this case NOT in your favor. Find something else to complain about

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
You make some good points, NC. Dogs, and other larger animals aren't really suited for the city.

Whenever I'm walking past an apartment building near where I live I see a large dog, with a chain on, sitting on a tiny balcony and it's very frustrating. You have to wonder how long it sits there. And you see many people who live in apartments take their dogs out for short walks, but it's not enough. They should have the room to run around, and I personally don't like listening to a dog barking in the hallway at 3am, especially when it's a little yappy thing, lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeirToBokassa
Great post!

Great answer to the whiny dog owners who accuse others of animal abuse when they are the ones putting their dogs in unnatural uncomfortable situations.
This isn't animal sex that's being talked about

I mean really, if one were to keep a human in an unnatural, perpetual state of dependence, basically keeping him or her as a child for his/her lifetime, that would clearly constitute abuse.
Not really, think of it as adoption

But with animals, it's okay, because it serves the greater good!... or, at least, the pathetic pet owner's need for companionship unfulfilled by human society for some reason.
I don't understand.. What Greater Good are you ranting on about

It's funny how quickly they resort to making threats of violence when faced with the fact that yeah, you're dog is a smelly, misbehaving pile of s*** that has no place defecating on my property and intimidating my children.
Who's saying my dog is smelly, or that I make threats of violence

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Bark Bark

The Dog

Mans Best Friend

To silence our dogs, is to silence the love and protection they give us.

Their loyalty is always there ready to defend and warn us.

So why do you want to silence them that love us so much, this is how they communicate and share their love.

I say silence man so we can hear the love of our dogs

Ycon

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I read through that other deleted thread just before it was sent to the trash bin. where it belongs.

I cannot believe that some were advocating the killing of animals which are regarded as man's best friend.

There have been many recent studies that show that dogs have very human like emotions and feelings.

They may not know that barking is so annoying to some humans that they would be plotting murder just to shut them up.

Dogs are not food in this country, they are pets, and for some seen as a member of the family.

I agree with one point, a pet owner should be more considerate of their neighbors. But you can't blame the animal.

If a barking dog upsets you or angers you to the point that you are thinking of ways to kill that dog, you had better seek the help of a psychiatrist.

Maybe you could take the issue up with the owner of the pet?

Man's best friend?

Gazz

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
whats this doing in ats? (here ill give it some insane help)

yeah first the dogs go, then anything that causes loud noises (such as parties) after a certain time (or demonstrations), and then u can move on to city wide curfews and regulating stuff in peoples houses for health and comfort reasons.

(there now it belongs in ats)

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Damn right I'm right Parrhesia

Lets look at the dog owners themselves who persist in imposing thier insecurities on the rest of the population.

Why did people initially love dogs?
It cames from the cavemen times.....
It was originally a bond between hunters and dogs, then the dogs would hang around the camps eating the resfuse, like now in 3rd world countries, like Wales.

Then dogs saw humans as one of them, and humans were too stupid to realise that they were not dogs. It was a symbiotic relationship, men gave food, dogs gave a sence of power over something.

So dogs then served a psychological crutch for men, something a man could dominate, apart from his female, that would still love him regardless.

Sort of like a grown up teddy bear for adults .... one that doesn't need batteries.

However, once the city was established humans took their little insecurities and like psychological cripples demanded that they have dogs with them to boost their self esteem and percieved masculinity.

That is why Paris is STILL the dog capital of the world where their crap is all over the sidewalks. Parisians are insecure and have small members, dogs provide some compensation for them.

Why the heck do you think gays and dogs go together? Same principle. Insecure, unable to establish authentic relationships with others. So compensate by getting a dog.

Dogs are a psychological crutch, humanity needs to get over it. People who DO need it can get therapy in a dozen different ways.

Get em out of cities, so we can walk the streets in peace...

[Edited on 25-7-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Hell while we are at it, what about crying babies, or yelling kids, lets silence them too!

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well this is a old question asked since cave men were kept up all night by other cave men's dogs. There is however some solutions found on the streets of Korea:

Deep Fried
Steamed
Baked
Stuffed and cooked over a fire pit
And any combination if the above mixed with a elegant sweet and sour sauce blend.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Dogs should be allowed to bark but not non stop for hours and hours like we gotta hear some of these whinging bastards go on and on about a dog barking. Dogs get excited when you come home from work so they bark a few times....Is that a crime? I should be able to keep my dog in the city if I wish. How about we stop all the birds from chirping, stop all the kids from playing, stop the motorbikes from starting up in the morning, stop all cars and trucks and MOSTLY< STOP ALL the WHINGING BASTARDS that do nothing but WHINGE all day. If you are in a situation where there is a dog barking NON STOP day and night, go about it the right way (respectfully) with the owners and all will be happy. I bet you have children that play with LOUD voices and give everyone a headache too....If you really dont like noise, go live in Antartica.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Well my dogs have been trained out of barking. With the exception of Blitz who barks at Simpsons credit music. Now my neighbors dog, Casey, never shuts up. She always needs attention or she starts barking. Talk about annoying.
Remember you can always make them attend dog training classes

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
There is a simple soulotion for this.

Dogs can be silienced by surgery. Mine dosent bark, I dont need him to bark to alert me to intruders, he is a 200 pound rottwiellier and their screams as they are being torn apart will let me know they are there.

And for those advocating posioning, my protection deal with him goes both ways.

In other words I got his back too and I dont bark either.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well, I was a mailman for 6 years, so can infer my feelings for "man's best Friend."
Your problem is with the owner, not the dog. Tell him your problem, ask for a resolution. Be nice. If that doesn't work call the cops. He has the right to have a dog, you also have the right to some peace. That should work, they're there to maintain the peace, if it doesn't maybe this will work:

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
There is a simple soulotion for this.

Dogs can be silienced by surgery. Mine dosent bark, I dont need him to bark to alert me to intruders, he is a 200 pound rottwiellier and their screams as they are being torn apart will let me know they are there.

And for those advocating posioning, my protection deal with him goes both ways.

In other words I got his back too and I dont bark either.

Good to have you back.

Personally, I think this has everything to do with the owner and not the dog. In most cases, we have to live at least close to another. If you speak to them and tell them the problem, they should try and work it out.

If they are just assholes, then they are fair game.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Did you hear of the man in texas who taped his dog's snout shut to get some sleep?? Yeah, he was charged with animal cruelty...
Stupid man...
Dog's sweat through their tongue's... His dog died from dehydration because of that...

It's the man's own fault for not training his dog not to bark. It can be done, it's not hard...

The nosey old lady who lives across street has a barking dog.. The guy who used to live in this house killed her old one because it had the same problem...
She doesn't train her dogs she just lets the little #s do whatever...

I too hate it, but what are you going to do... I hate teenager's because their immature and rowdy, but not all are like this, but the ones that are I wish I could beat their ass, but again there's just some things you can't do...
Deal with it, it builds character ...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah I agree I can't stand the bastards. When it's got to the point where I feel I can't take it anymore as I can't sleep, concentrate e.t.c. and then I feel like I'm going to go out with a chainsaw I make turn my attentions to the owners instead.

They just throw their dogs out, often without ever feeding them, walking them e.t.c. and absolutely no discipline so of course the dogs go ape. If they can't look after the damn things responsibly then they shouldn't have them in the first place and leave us silence-lovers in peace.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I love dogs, we have neighbours who let their two dogs out early in the morning and late at night, they let the dogs stand there and bark for a good 10 minutes sometimes- WHAT ARE THESE PEOPLE DOING? can they not hear their dogs barking like b******s?!- i have to admit i have shouted out the window more than once.
I am very nasty if i get woken up...GRRRRR:bash:

[Edited on 06/27/2004 by misspickle]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Many cities have ordinances and laws regarding barking dogs.
I would first, if approachable, ask the neighbor to settle their
dog down. Perhaps it is unhappy. If it kept up night after night,
I would complain to the city.

Headphones and earplugs might do the trick, or fall asleep
listening to relaxation tapes with headphones. Turn on music
to drown out the barking. What about applying soundproofing
material to the walls & windows in direction the barking is
coming from?

What dumbfounds me is how can the owners of the dog possibly
sleep!

Many people do not train their jobs and just keep them chained up
in the yard. That makes for a miserable existence and you can't
blame the dog for complaining. It's not the dog's fault.

I used to raise Chinese Shar-Peis and mine seldom barked. I've
heard of barkless dogs, wouldn't that be nice if there were more
of them?!!

I agree big dogs are more suited for the country with room to run.
But little teeny dogs can bark up a nucience as well!

good luck!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join