It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Ohio man charged after barking at police dog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Really???!! Are there no REAL crimes/criminals that need attended to??

No wonder we're taxed out the yazoo....

MASON, Ohio (AP) - Police say an Ohio man has been charged with a misdemeanor for barking at a police dog.

A police report says 25-year-old Ryan James Stephens was charged with teasing a police dog in the Cincinnati suburb of Mason.

Officer Bradley Walker wrote that he heard the K9 dog barking uncontrollably inside his patrol car while he was investigating a car crash at a pub early Sunday morning. Walker says Stephens was making barking noises and hissing at the animal.

Walker reported that Stephens said "the dog started it" when asked why he was harassing the animal. The officer said Stephens appeared highly intoxicated.

There was no answer to calls to Stephens' home in Mason. He is to appear April 21 in municipal court.

What next...felony charges for running the Mayor's cat out of the yard??

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Lucky he didn't hit the dog, probably get done for assaulting an officer, or what if he kicked the dogs crap lol, tampering with police property hahaha, it makes sense in a way for antagonizing the dog but he's drunk just beat him a lil and throw him in the cell for the night

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
.....I wonder if they will call the dog to the witness stand?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rinowilli

LMAO would be all like lassy 'what is that the man that assaulted you' 'what and also timmy is stuck down a well?" haha

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So he was drunk and got arrested for being drunk. It was only the barking at the dog that caught the officers attention. Please post a link to the story.

...and K-9's and Horses are also considered officers of the law.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
So he was drunk and got arrested for being drunk. It was only the barking at the dog that caught the officers attention. Please post a link to the story.

If they are considered officers of the law, they ought to be liable to testify if called to the stand by the defense in a criminal trial.

I suppose a lawyer could make a fool of the dog or make a mockery of the court when they had to try to swear in a horse and sit him in the box.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

It is pretty funny.The guy should do a little time in jail and maybe he would grow up. I don't think a simple fine would do the trick for this idiot though. Curious to see what his penalty is but he should get something to set an example. That's just me. I am an animal lover and think people should treat them well but since they don't always do so, I guess having laws are a good thing.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
....the guy got off easy, the cop could have allowed the dog to introduce itself....

bet I know how that would have turned out.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Isn't there a law against leaving a dog in a parked vehicle?

I think this officer should get a charge as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I fondly recall many years ago while walking my dog through the neighborhood that it decided to take a crap...and did so in the yard right next to a patrol car marked K-9. While I kept plastic baggies for picking such things up, I decided to leave that little present.
edit on 6-4-2011 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TNTarheel

waste of police resources.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

My apologies for not posting the link. Since it's too late to edit the OP, here's the Source

The article stated he was charged for barking at the dog...not being drunk.

Police say an Ohio man has been charged with a misdemeanor for barking at a police dog.

Now, I could see being charged for public intoxication or maybe even disorderly conduct...but barking at a dog???

I'm an animal lover myself, but come on now....we're over legislated as it is!!
edit on 4/7/2011 by TNTarheel because: add'l comments

top topics

join