It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question About the Private Messages Outbox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I've just noticed in my Outbox that the subject of a message that I sent today plus one I sent 3 days ago are highlighted but the rest are not highlighted.

Does the message subject of private messages we send change from being highlighted to not after the member reads the message? If not, what makes it change?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I think it just means that a copy of your message was sent to the inbox and are just unread. The highlights may go away if you open them.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

It changes only if I open them - not the person I sent them to.

Okay thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

It will stay highlighted until either you open it, OR until the other person opens it.

Personally, I prefer to leave it highlighted and not open it myself, so that I can see if they actually opened it or not. If you open it first, then if they do not reply, you will never know for sure if they even read it or not.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Oh! That possibility never occurred to me.

That explains why so many of my messages were no longer highlighted, but I didn't think that I had opened them.

A lot of times I open a message to make sure that I didn't have a typo in any tags that I had used.

Interesting! Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

A lot of times I open a message to make sure that I didn't have a typo in any tags that I had used.

I have actually found a way around that problem too lol.

For example;
If I am trying to explain something to someone, such as embedding, re-sizing pics etc.
Or if I am posting a link within the message. I sometimes want to make sure it will come out right, for them to see it properly.

I copy the message, and send it to myself first.

If everything looks the way it is supposed to, then I send it to them.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

That's a good idea.

join