It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic Sci-Fi Remakes, What Would You Like to See ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Just want to thank all you ATS'ers for posting to this thread. Sometimes when something new is derived from something old, perspective can really be focused to s sharp edge an it makes me wonder, were would the world be if the great library at Alexandria had not been destroyed. What would the world be like todfay if all those folks back during the Ionian Explosion had married Science & Religion instead of declaring war on each other. Guess the Human race will never know, but I can only image. A company like Planet Express might actually exist and be be hiring right now if people weren't programmed to be so afraid of waht science can offer us.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

Hahaha I’m such a doofus. Here I am just popping random movies id like to see remade, not even thinking about the science to them rofl.
I have tears in my eyes; I can’t stop laughing at my own stupidity

Ok what if the tomatoes were GMO (genetically modified organism) lol
And the original script made Rosemary wake up and she realizes it’s all a dream and she is still an alien grey safely back on the space ship.
The director thought it best to edit that part out lol

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What classic sci-fi remakes would I like to see? How about: Crack in the World, www.youtube.com...
When Worlds Collide www.youtube.com...

edit on 6-4-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

lol Chance you have chosen two awesome movies, I especially like Crack in the World
The drama...the panic...the suspense... the people running away from the bottom of the mountain by the way, why are they there? Maybe they were attending the first ever Woodstock, I don’t know but it was shockingly real.

My favourite quote from the narrator is

Miles under the earths surface...a man...his wife...and the man she once loved, living life as if this could be their last.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

A modern re-make of the BBC series Blake's 7 would be good.

en.wikipedia.org...'s_7

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

lol Chance you have chosen two awesome movies, I especially like Crack in the World
The drama...the panic...the suspense... the people running away from the bottom of the mountain by the way, why are they there? Maybe they were attending the first ever Woodstock, I don’t know but it was shockingly real.

My favourite quote from the narrator is

Miles under the earths surface...a man...his wife...and the man she once loved, living life as if this could be their last.

Thanks. Yeah, that quote. It's funny, probably back in it's day it sounded "innocent" but today
LOL.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Thought of another one, not sure if it should be remade, but Capricorn One www.youtube.com...
Another movie just thought of I'd love to see remade is Prophecy. See how many people remember this one. This man an his wife find mercery (sp?) in the water complain to the lumber company and are chased through the woods by a monster. www.youtube.com...
And The movie Race the Devil?
www.youtube.com...
Now of course the movies I listed I'd love to see remade IF they were done RIGHT basically follow the original script just modernize it.

edit on 7-4-2011 by Chance321 because: ?

edit on 7-4-2011 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by Chance321 because: who knows?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
A remake of This Island Earth would be interesting...

Note, most of the movies mentioned have been remade (at least in idea)... There are countless examples of the "body snatcher" theme, for example.

I'm still hoping we see a Logan's Run update soon....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think "Soylent Green" "Silent Running", "Westworld", and "Dark Star" would be cool.
And "The Thing" and "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" have already been remade.......

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You know I had forgotten about this island Earth! what was the name of the alien planet the people in the "mansion" were from? wasn't it something like Metaluna ?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

Yep, Metaluna.

If you liked MST3K, the actual movie of it is a lampooning of this movie.
I loved it when the hero smacks a blunt object over the alien's brain-like head...and they say, "Ouch! There go the piano lessons!" (hero hits him again in the brain) "Ouch, I can't remember my Dad!"

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ouch! I still wish I could be watching MST3k. I dropped my cable tv last year and the shows that are miss are the ones like MST3k, but there's not a hell of alot else I miss, and the extra cash I save is more appreciated!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

A modern re-make of the BBC series Blake's 7 would be good.

It's hit a stumbling block, but should hopefully become a reality

Sky1 drops plans for Blake’s 7 remake

Personally can't wait for this. The original was incredibe at the time, and although some of the viuals were pretty ropey, the story telling was top notch

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
please keep the responses coming folks, I'm looking to find the title of a movie where there were creepy brain looking thinhs crawling around and attacking people, has anybody got an idea what this movie was? pleasesend me a U2U if you know!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
No remakes for me thanks. I want to see makes. Rama, Foundation, Childhoods End, The Great White Space, The Stainless Steel Rat, 2061 and 3001. Give me any of those and I'd be happy.

Suggesting remakes of 2001 and The Thing is just sacrilege in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar

I think your right about remakes of 2001 and 2010. Rama would be pretty good as an original motion picture. The entire "Space Odyessy" series should be completed through 3001. You can just never have enough Arthur C Clarke movies I think. I'd like to see them produce "Songs of Distant Earth", I'd also think that NASA has done a great dis-service to the space community as a whole by not naming SOMETHING bound for outer-space after Arthur C Clarke! Come On, How is that even possible in this day and age!!!!!!
And not something like a cargo pod or some junk like that! It has to be a capsule or ship that carries humans. Nothing less would be appropriate!
edit on 23-4-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling and added content

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What I would like to see a remake of...
I Married a Monster from Outer Space.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I would like to see a remake of "Forbidden Planet" also "Logans Run" and "Things To Come".
Also would like to see War of The Worlds 2 where we strike back!
And maybe a new star wars with new storey not made for kids.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FanarFanar
No remakes for me thanks.
Suggesting remakes of 2001 and The Thing is just sacrilege in my opinion.

Yup, gotta agree and would like to add: Jaws (the first one and possibly the second one) and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would love to see a remake of Total Recall. And for the Thing they are making a prequel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join