It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic Sci-Fi Remakes, What Would You Like to See ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'm a big fan of the early Sci-Fi films like War of the Worlds, Earth Vs the Flying Saucers, The Day the Earth Stood Still and the like. I'd really like to see remakes of these movies but ones that stay very close to the originals and keeping that "retro" look. i know somw of these have been remade recently but I just didn't care for them that much. If you could have some of these remade, which ones would you like to see, and what would you expect them to look like with the use of CGI ?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I would like to see the remakes of sci-fi classics like Metropolis and
Space Odyssey.

Nice thread!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
E.T.
The Abyss

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Mars Attacks, that would be awesome!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

The most random movie ever! haha

Star

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Day of the Triffids.

Needs to be done properly though, as close to the book as possible.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The Thing
and
The Event Horizon, just as the director originally wanted (not what we ended up with due to the film company interference)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmosKid

This one is not a movie but an old series... I would like to see a remake of "Time Tunnel"

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Everything is recycled. Seems music artists.. if you can call some of them that.. screenwriters and the movie world in general don't seem to be able to come up with an original approach to things these days.

I dislike hearing a song I know from wayback only to find it's been bastardized, same with movies. But I am a boring old git.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I´d love a remake of the thing, but when considering the quality of recent remakes of other old sci-fi movies (like war of the worlds) i somehow doubt it would reach the quality of the original movie.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpal

OK you didnt like those ones

how about this one a all time fave
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)

edit on 6/4/11 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

I cant believe i have never seen this. ill ask my hubby to get me a coppy when he is out.
looks cool

ooh wait i just found this one. its edited in 2007

edit on 6/4/11 by Whateva69 because: added updated movie

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Would be a Horror vice a Sci-Fi flick would this not, but I get the vibe that the "baby" coulod be maybe an alien-human-demon cross-pollinated highbred that none of the controlling parties wouldn't expect and would maybe have to band together to stop it's incredible powers and thus unify the earth into a kinder gentler placce to live with the battles betwwen G vs E going from blood fests to high stakes cribbage games ! But I get it. That movie by the way did and does still make my blood run cold !

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

That would be a really interesting take on a remake, possibly having the taime travelers injected into scenarios were they would have to deal with eraly Illuminati plots, the Roswell incident, the Hudson valley sightings and such. Pretty Cool !

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by roswell1987

Would be really neat if the setting were moved from the Artic to say someplace like Edwards AFB where the creature was incased in amber vice ice and would possibly escape to wreak havoc on the Vegas strip and maybe gain some additional super-alien powers from exposure to the Nevada test sites and such

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Claudius

Those are truely some stellar classics. I've seen an animae re-dux of metropolis but the origianl by Lang is very spooky. Something about the technology in that was just to chilling. And the robots are so good in that original that a little tweaking would make them even more sinister in some ways. As for "Odessey" that was the first SF movie I ever saw on the big screen at the "Rivoli" theatre in Chicopee Falls Massachusetts. It was during the Fall and when my brother and I left to walk home and the skys were lead grey and the wind was up and the leaves scratching along the streets, holy crap, I'm looking over my shoulders just typing this!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

This movie was creepy and was so creep[y thatit morphed SF and Horror so well that you just got the impression that Armegeddon was getting unleashed right before your very eyes, C R E E P Y !

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I watched Soylent Green the other night, now that is a movie sreaming for a remake. David Goyer has mentioned that a kind of sequel is in the works which could be interesting but I would like a proper remake of the original.
It would need to be minimalist as possible but utilise more modern advances in set design and real sfx. Absolutely no cgi at all.
It would also need to be in the hands of someone not looking to take advantage of it, maybe a newcomer even(I'm available).

But it will probably have to wait until Heston's dead otherwise you may get shot.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Has anyone seen Earth vs The Flying Saucers? the way the aliens turned the general in charge of the earth defences into a zombie by frying his gourd to update the "Infinitely Indexed Data Base". And those creepy suits the aliens wore when departed the saucers. I'd love to see someone remake that without the aliens invading DC but maybe someplace like London or possibly Rome or better yet, Nato Headquarters in Belgium !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join