It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just deleted my facebook

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
hey, I just deleted all my pictures/info/etc from facebook then deactivated my account.they definitely don't make it easy...

anyways i feel good about the decision. anyone else delete their facebook after long time use?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I'd delete mine but i need it for college

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Good for you, welcome to the good life! I deactivated my account about a month ago and have been lobbying for my family + friends to follow suit. Why people spend more time updating their status' about what they do every minute of the day as opposed to researching what's going on around them and why is beyond me!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Congrats man. I would delete mine, but I never made one.
Learned my lesson with myspace.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yeah man...good for you...facebook is like a vortex of banality that you kinda get sucked into.

I deleted my account too...one day I'd had enough of reading: " Just put on some socks " and *poof*...back to the real world
edit on 6-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
hey thanks guys glad i can join rank

as for the one guys comment. is facebook mandatory in college?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I deleted mine about a year. i have come to hate facebook and twitter etc. my partner and some friends and most of my work collegues are close to obsesed with it. it drives me nuts!

on the other hand i owe facebook everything, i meet my fiance on fb and now i have two beautiful baby girls.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Congrats! Weird,but I deleted my account last month too. Is this catching on?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
OMG no wonder my FV friends are vanishing... Really though, I have about 30 family members on FB and updating my status with good news is easier than calling them all. I disabled all game feeds months ago so I use it to keep up to date with family. If it wasnt for FB we wouldnt be having a 25 year family reunion next month with minimal effort in planning.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Volund because: 25 year

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I guess, is it the same as with most things - when used for the good stuff, like organizing public and democratic resistance to the lies and deceit of the stuff of oh - gov'ts and corporations, like it has done, then its a good thing.

Agreed the whole fb obsession "what I ate for lunch" routines are bound for doom.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
let me get to it.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So many elitist's in this thread "I deleted my FB, now I'm not a sheep! I no longer suffer from the banality of 21st century life" bla bla bla bla, doing so does not earn you a badge.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I did that around 8 months ago. It was wasting my time. Having said that, it DOES make "keeping in touch" with friends much easier. But now I just stick to a few people anyway.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

fool that account will always be there muahahaha. I did the same thing so I'm in the same boat. But the account will always be there maybe with no info but non the less it is always there

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crutchley29
So many elitist's in this thread "I deleted my FB, now I'm not a sheep! I no longer suffer from the banality of 21st century life" bla bla bla bla, doing so does not earn you a badge.

Come on man...just read a couple of facebook updates...Im no rocket scientist, but if someone were to call you every hour to tell you: I just took a shower, Donuts are tasty, I don't like flies...you'd wanna driver over there and throw his phone into the ocean
edit on 6-4-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
My friend has just had his facebook hacked and info went to another social site without his permission. This occured when one of his relatives contacted the other site which then somehow gained access to some of his info this sounds like its turning bad for social sites

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Hence why my FB friends are limited to people I am close to, I trust that most of them will only post informative updates and though you do get the odd pointless post, You can easily remove them from your news feed.

See, it's not hard! Dont like what someone posts? remove the feed. Don't like eveyone knowing what you post on someone else's profile? change your privacy settings!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I deleted my profile about a month ago. I feel great. I do not want Facebook to know everything about me. I hate the fact that they are able to make a very accurate profile on you, just based on your activities on FB.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

You are correct the settings keep out the trolls and keep your info away from undesireables,...
Cept the ones that the "Patriot billl" deem necessary.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
since i found this site... facebook just sits there... i reckon i have probably only logged in twice in the last month...(for light poker relief) would seem that nearly every thread gives me somthing else to research or look into... or a link... ATS rocks!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join